The Peacocks are coming to get roasted!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: The Peacocks are coming to get roasted!

Post by jaffka » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:12 pm

They fancy taking the 3 points in this one.

I have a bad feeling as well. The shoite performances so far haven't encouraged any optimism.

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:16 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Andre Moritz has a lot to learn.
It is all about the moment. If you are winning and you have a bad shot everyone will clap. But if you are losing 3-0 then people will boo you.
No Andre, you are at Bolton now. If you're winning and have a bad shot then a lot of our fans will moan, stand up and scream abuse at you and generally act like you've just killed their wife in the process. Then you'll be told that despite winning you weren't good enough anyway, and should be booted out immediately. If we are losing 3-0 and you have a bad shot there won't be anyone left in the stadium apart from a few old gimmers who will boo till their false teeth fall out.
nothing like a bit of exaggerated over-reacting when football's concerned, eh? :wink:
Does this mean we all owe Knightmare an apology then :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 pm

JJ4bwfc92 wrote:
thebish wrote:
It is all about the moment. If you are winning and you have a bad shot everyone will clap. But if you are losing 3-0 then people will boo you.
No Andre, you are at Bolton now. If you're winning and have a bad shot then a lot of our fans will moan, stand up and scream abuse at you and generally act like you've just killed their wife in the process. Then you'll be told that despite winning you weren't good enough anyway, and should be booted out immediately. If we are losing 3-0 and you have a bad shot there won't be anyone left in the stadium apart from a few old gimmers who will boo till their false teeth fall out.
nothing like a bit of exaggerated over-reacting when football's concerned, eh? :wink:
dougie says he's just had a couple of off-days..
“We’ve all had off-days,” agreed Freedman. “ I can understand the (fans’) frustrations, they pay good money but I also know Zat was as frustrated as anyone else.

“He’s desperate to put it right. However, we’re in the professional game, so that’s the way it goes when you are cheered or booed. We handle it.”

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Douglas appears to be diving headlong into Platitude Ocean, I'm afraid. :|
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 pm

I had a weird dream last night. In it I was unable to go to the match but checked on my phone for the score & we were 1-2 down after about 20min.

I checked later for the final score ... it was 2-7 !!

Just saying.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I had a weird dream last night. In it I was unable to go to the match but checked on my phone for the score & we were 1-2 down after about 20min.

Just saying.
stop it, you'll give me knightmares.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I had a weird dream last night. In it I was unable to go to the match but checked on my phone for the score & we were 1-2 down after about 20min.

Just saying.
stop it, you'll give me knightmares.

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:11 pm

thebish wrote:
JJ4bwfc92 wrote:
thebish wrote:
dougie says he's just had a couple of off-days..
“We’ve all had off-days,” agreed Freedman. “ I can understand the (fans’) frustrations, they pay good money but I also know Zat was as frustrated as anyone else.

“He’s desperate to put it right. However, we’re in the professional game, so that’s the way it goes when you are cheered or booed. We handle it.”
if I had as many off days as him in my job I'd get disciplinary action :spank:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm at the end of the Chimp book and I think some of the ideas are really useful, especially for players who make mistakes. It's all basically common sense but it's the kind of common sense no-one tends to speak about. If Knight is an important part of our defence it's important that he is 1) trying his best and 2) not beating himself up about whichever mistake during training/the next match ...and 3) not reading this forum.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:42 pm

I was wondering when it'd become all our fault. 5 games in is pretty f*cking impressive.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 pm

We'll pick the same side, play the same formation and win 4-0. Then we'll wonder what went right and why we didn't do it sooner. Nobody will know of course...... but it'll feel very good. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:06 pm

thebish wrote:from the Yaaarkshire E'en Po...
Dougie Freedman will make a last-minute call on whether to pit Jermaine Beckford against Leeds United following the forward’s spell of international duty.

Freedman plans to assess the ex-United striker’s condition tomorrow morning, hours before Leeds and Bolton Wanderers meet at the Reebok Stadium.

Beckford, who joined Wanderers from Leicester City in July, represented Jamaica this week and arrived back in Lancashire yesterday. Freedman is yet to decide whether he will start against the club who launched his professional career.

Bolton boss Freedman –himself a former United player – said: “I can’t imagine Jermaine wanting to miss Leeds but we’ve got to be professional. We need to see his eyes and see how he is after the long travelling and playing for 40 minutes.

“Jermaine’s going through a spell where he’s not scoring as many goals as he would like but if he keeps on getting in the right areas and keeps getting the opportunities then goals will come. It’s a no brainer for me.”
oh FFS - how tired can he be??? he only played 40mins!! And what the juddering feck is "we need to see his eyes"???

ahh - a no brainer that the goals will come! yay!! :pissed:
He does have a bizarre turn of phrase every now and then, doesn't he?

See also perhaps the 'moving for the safety of my family' quote, although, and it's perfectly possible and even likely that I've misremembered here, but what was the actual quote there? Because in my head he said he moved for the security of his family, which given the talk of his wages would make sense, if unfortunately open to hilarious re-interpretation.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Lot of expectation coming into this match I believe. Three points is a must but I get the feeling many will only be satisfied if we pick them up convincingly, and that's not unrealistic if fortune goes our way.

I'd hope one, or both of Eagles/Moritz is up to scratch for the start hopefully giving us that attacking spark. Fingers crossed Beckford will be keen to impress against his only side and failing that I really believe Craig Davies is a great super sub if tight and given the right service.

Leeds are a good side but blow hot and cold, McCormack especially. Get the feeling if he could a consistency to his game he'd have gone by now. Less of a one shot one goal striker than Austin or Rhodes we've played previously but will still have to be watched carefully. One of Knight/Wheater has to be dropped if only to appease the fans so I expect Mills to start which although not ideal he actually cannot do any worse than the two previous!

Fingers crossed we can do it, i'll take a shot at a 2-0 or a 3-1 to the good.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Yeah nice one Dougie. Can't have him playing unless he's 100% sharp like he and his teammates have been all season.
Anyway, let's hope his eyes are a bit bloodshot and he picks someone else cos he's been an absolute bag of wank so far and doesn't deserve his place.
Maybe Dougie's angling to drop him without him losing face. Or maybe he's just talking shit.
I don't care. I just want us to win.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I don't care. I just want us to win.
Yes. I'd be fine with a huge deflection in the last minute, just so everyone could say how lucky we were. :-)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:I don't care. I just want us to win.
Yes. I'd be fine with a huge deflection in the last minute, just so someone could say how lucky we were. :-)
Sorted.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:50 am

Prufrock wrote:See also perhaps the 'moving for the safety of my family' quote, although, and it's perfectly possible and even likely that I've misremembered here, but what was the actual quote there? Because in my head he said he moved for the security of his family, which given the talk of his wages would make sense, if unfortunately open to hilarious re-interpretation.
See, them press boys, abley abbeted by other folk, can talk some shit.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:21 am

I have a good feeling about this game today, it must be the lack of football over the last few weeks (watching England was like watching Bolton at a higher level).

I have been away working all week and I am turning up at the match so Beckford has no excuses!!

I just hope we DO NOT play 4-4-2 as we always get tonked, the examples are too many to mention. I think we should try the formation we had against QPR which I think worked to a certain extent. We certainly looked more solid at the back which could provide a platform for our forward players. We now have Eagles back and hopefully Moritz will be fit now and with Pratley being the link between midfield and attack this could work better this time round. I would play the following team;

...........................Bogdan........................
Baptiste.....Wheater.......Knight.....Tierney
.........Spearing..............Medo..................
........................Pratley.............................
.........Eagles........................Chungy..........
..........................Beckford..........................

Subs: Lonergan, Moritz, Davies, Ngog, Mills, Hall, Odelusi

The 2 full backs can get down the wings to give us some width and the front three can interchange as necessary. I just think this system give us more scope going forward and more protection at the back.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:51 am

We'll lose.

I'll go for Bolton 0 - 2 Leeds


Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:53 am

Not seeing us for two weeks does open up the possibility that there's been some improvement. I would point out though that we had lots of weeks in the pre-season to work out stuff like "how not to be a fcukup".

That said, the sun is out.