Three in a row? Pozzotively. No sting in this tale!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Three in a row? Pozzotively. No sting in this tale!

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Doogie has his say... and is looking for more troops over Christmas...
Manager gives his thoughts ahead of the weekend's clash against the Hornets
Dougie Freedman believes that his side are in the perfect mind-set ahead of Saturday’s trip to Watford and is confident that the team can continue their unbeaten run against the Hornets.

With the Whites having secured maximum points against Millwall last time out, the manager paid tribute to his players in his pre-match press conference, claiming that their performances in recent weeks have been testament to the hard work that has gone on behind the scenes.

"The Championship is a relentless division,” he explained. "When we played Watford at this time last season, I felt that we needed a bit more energy and freshness in the team and I think we go into this game with that.

"I made some tough decisions last year in terms of some players, but it was due to the league that we’re in which gives you three games in a week.

"You’ve got to have energy and people with the right sort of qualities, and I believe that a year down the line we have got that quality to face a relentless three or four month period."

With Wanderers having not been in action last weekend due to the international break, the Scot explained that there has certainly been no let-up in terms of his expectation of the players.

"The past few weeks have been the last time that we’ve had that block of five or six days until February, so we’ve used it to physically train the lads hard," he said.

"We’ve given them a bit of time off as well, but we’ve made them understand how to adapt to certain formations."

He added: "I can flip it and say that it came at a good time because we had a few injuries and it’s given us time to have a little breather, but then again we were on a great run of form and want to keep it going."

Having brought in a number of new faces during the course of 2013, Freedman admitted that although he is pleased with the application of the players currently at his disposal, he still has hopes of bringing in more bodies to help cope with the influx of games over the festive period.

"We still need to strengthen the squad in certain areas over Christmas and I am working very hard at that, but I’m not bringing in people just because they’re available.

"I want to bring in the right types who aren’t available just yet, but hopefully they will be next week. With one or two players more, we’ll have a very strong squad."
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/mana ... 88515.aspx

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 pm

I just fail to see what we did over the summer if he's been, and it appears still is, SO short of players.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Myself, Devon White and HMX will be in The Happy Hour pub on Eastbury road from midday if anybody wants to join us. It is 10 mins walk from the ground although I would not recommend wearing colures
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:Are we still piling on Dan during quieter news weeks?
I looked up "piling" and I do not have a clue what you are on about Jakerbeef.

Definition of piling

1. The act of driving piles.

2. Piles considered as a group.

3. A structure composed of piles.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:00 pm

this is a pile-on, Dan...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Mot the picture I'd have shown tbh.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:10 pm

OK... this is a pile-on, Dan - perhaps more up Bobo's street!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 pm

They love you and are trying to ask for a group hug Dan, Bobo especially.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:13 pm

thebish wrote:OK... this is a pile-on, Dan - perhaps more up Bobo's street!

errr ... nope

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Feast your eyes!! :D

Ricarrrrdooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

even Vaz Te n'all... :shock:

oh - and Shittu hacks down Idan Tal!
Last edited by thebish on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:OK... this is a pile-on, Dan - perhaps more up Bobo's street!

errr ... nope

c'mon Bobo - you're right in there!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 pm

thebish wrote:Feast your eyes!! :D

Ricarrrrdooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

even Vaz Te n'all... :shock:

oh - and Shittu hacks down Idan Tal!
Imagine how good that Bolton team would have been if they had played on the Reebok pitch rather than the Burnden mud bath.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:They love you and are trying to ask for a group hug Dan, Bobo especially.
Somehow I am not sure that is the case, I don't think Bobo or Bruce would dislike me halve a much as they do if they did meet me or at least the members that I have met have not seemed to dislike me.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:They love you and are trying to ask for a group hug Dan, Bobo especially.
Somehow I am not sure that is the case, I don't think Bobo or Bruce would dislike me halve a much as they do if they did meet me or at least the members that I have met have not seemed to dislike me.
Bobo and Bruce are actually very nice people, they just come across as grumpy old gits on here. GtE has met you and said you're a good lad and I generally trust his opinion on most things (taste in football team aside obviously ;))

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 pm

I am sure they are (or at least that is why you and quite a few other have said before), GTE was one of a large group who Mummy introduced me to at Charlton. Oh and GG I think it would do you good to trust GTE's opinion on what football team to support :) .

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 pm

In fact Bruce has actually been very helpful in the past when I asked his advice on my situation with my sister and me on our own so I can vouch that he is not the grumpy bugger he sometimes portrays.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:20 pm

A young Chris Eagles at around 06:42 on that video??

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Do you mean my article or the above post?

The article.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bobo and Bruce are actually very nice people, they just come across as grumpy old gits on here. GtE has met you and said you're a good lad and I generally trust his opinion on most things (taste in football team aside obviously ;))
So his comments as to your extreme short-arsedness are to be trusted :P

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:22 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
So his comments as to your extreme short-arsedness are to be trusted :P

Indupitably. In point of fact I didn't actually MEET Dan at Crystal Palace. Mummy went to talk to him and pointed us out I believe. Maybe next time Dan.

GG is still a shortarse though. :mrgreen: