TKIZ!'s Scouting book for Boys (& ladies) of The Wanderer

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: TKIZ!'s Scouting book for Boys (& ladies) of The Wandere

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Paul Taylor 28 - winger. Has played for numerous clubs in his career. Currently at Ipswich Town but has been on loan at Rotherham till January 2015. Has played for Ipswich reserves for this season, temperamental but has ability and again a candidate for an arm round the shoulder kind of manager

Stuart Taylor 35 - Goalkeeper. Again, Taylor has played for a lot of clubs. Has a massive amount of experience and would make a decent first or back up goalie.

Ishmel Demontagnac - 27 winger played throughout the divisions. 121 appearances with 14 goals. Comparable stats with say Eagles.
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:41 pm

Kyel Reid (28) Left winger. Not my one this one but mentioned by Nicko58. Experienced in this divisions, great turn of pace. Was touted as one of the shining stars of the Cup run. I think this is a good little find
Pfffft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm sceptical about managers bringing their favourites in. There is a set of circumstances in which a player - or, for that matter, a manager - can be successful, eg Vardy, but it's not necessarily transferable. That said, I'll give PP the benefit of the doubt. For now! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:07 am

TonyDomingos wrote:I'm sceptical about managers bringing their favourites in. There is a set of circumstances in which a player - or, for that matter, a manager - can be successful, eg Vardy, but it's not necessarily transferable. That said, I'll give PP the benefit of the doubt. For now! :D
Rioch. McGinlay. Branagan.

History repeating I tell thee!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 am

For every Branagan there's a Twardzik, for every McGinlay a Robbie Blake. But we need to give PP the benefit of the doubt and by heck we need wingers.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:37 am

Speaking of Managers favs a very nice chap on the Bolton news site (Bradford Fan) has listed some of the players that have been associated with Parky so here we go:

John Egan (23) CB - Highly rated by Parky previously played for Ireland U21's and out of contract in the summer. Gillingham finished just shy of the Play-off places last season and we'll be playing them this term. Had a fairly mean defence with 56 conceded

Reece Burke (19) CB - Highly rated at Spammers. Parky had him on loan last season at Bradford and they had one of the toughest defences in the League 1. Parky would have to ask Bilic for the loan again as it looks like Burke signed a long term contract a couple of years back

Andrew Davies (31) CB - One of Parky's favourites. Currently plying his trade in Scotland with Ross County. Would need to buy this chap

Stephen Darby (27) RB - Came from Liverpool's academy, Parky rates this guy and again established himself in the Bradford side that has one of the meanest defences in the league. We'd have to buy him as he has 1 year left on his contract

James Hanson (28) CF - The scourge of defences in League 1 and the focal point of Bradford attacks. He came to prominence during the cup runs and Parky rates him. This one might be tough, Hanson was born in Bradford and has played for them for a long time. Only has one year left on his contract. Bradford fans have said he's a bit like Marmite

Filipe Morais (28) Winger - Parky got him for £7k from Chelsea. Tore them a new one during the cup game/cup runs. Decent in the cross and has praised Parky for rejuvenating his career. Has one year left on his contract
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:39 am

Just had a call asking if I've been sold PPI. I thought....ohhhhh..... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:42 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Just had a call asking if I've been sold PPI. I thought....ohhhhh..... :wink:

Taxi for Tango :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Released list from Football365. I'll 'scout' some of the players and let you know what some of our 'targets' could be

http://www.football365.com/news/release ... -full-list" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Nick Powell (22) Secondary striker - touted as the next 'Big thing'. Scored a few for Crewe before a much publicised move to ManUre. Scored on his debut but has 'questionable' attittude. Scored a cracking overhead offside goal against us whilst playing for Wigan which stood. I'm sure there would be more teams out there in for him.
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 am

John 'Son of Nick' Barmby (21) Winger - Just been released by Leicester. If he's got his dad's ability he could be good. Bit of digging reveals he's got a bit of ability and is fairly well liked at Leicester but would never get into the team ahead of the current bunch

Uche Ikpeazu (21) Forward - just released by Watford. Played at League 1 level already been on loan a bit and could be candidate for a hand round the shoulder type of manager https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Ikpeazu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

TKIZ! wrote:John 'Son of Nick' Barmby (21) Winger - Just been released by Leicester. If he's got his dad's ability......
Then he wouldn't have just been released by Leicester. ;)

Noticed that Hibbert's just been released by Everton, which surprised me. By the way, who on earth drew Everton's release list up anyway? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Koeman? I guess with some help?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Yeah, surprised by Everton's list. Osman could do a job if he had reasonably affordable pay packet
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:06 pm

Until we get the embargo lifted this isn't even speculation. It's barely even wishful thinking. Plus, let's just remember ... we're in the 3rd Division and still more or less boracic.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Until we get the embargo lifted this isn't even speculation. It's barely even wishful thinking. Plus, let's just remember ... we're in the 3rd Division and still more or less boracic.
Jeez, almost wondered if I'd accidentally a logged in as Bobo then.... :wink:

If the embargo gets lifted it must mean that there is at least sufficient finance to manage a few loans or frees.

Parky will sort it, somehow.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Until we get the embargo lifted this isn't even speculation. It's barely even wishful thinking. Plus, let's just remember ... we're in the 3rd Division and still more or less boracic.

If the embargo gets lifted it must mean that there is at least sufficient finance to manage a few loans or frees.

You ACTUALLY made me laugh then. A first. Well done. Keep it up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm not sure that's actually true.

It would certainly mean we'd filed the Accounts and shown we were capable of meeting our bills for the next 6/12 months. It wouldn't necessarily mean there was a pot of money for transfers. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Just to be clear, what exactly has to happen for this moratorium to be lifted?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:11 pm

I think number one on the list is "file some Accounts" - last filing was 2014...until we do that we can't move I don't believe.

Job 2 is then to show the FL through SCMP that we have enough money to run the Club within the 60% cap on salaries v (likely) Revenue

I think that'd remove the embargo (but doesn't in itself mean necessarily that you have a "transfer fund")