Sam Allardyce - Stay or Go?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Stay or Go?

Stay
82%
Go
18%

Total votes: 119

BigDan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BigDan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:46 pm

how many have you have sent in your complains to the bbc?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:That was nothing but clever presentation and cleverer editing. I saw nothing but a third party opinion from a greedy agent telling a bunch of twxts what they wanted to hear to gain their interest. Of course he is going to use his father to get ahead, the greedy fat fxck.

As for the BBC they are nothing but a bunch of Michael Moore wannabe's. It may look convincing to a regular jo watching tele, but it's nothing but specualtion.

One things for sure, Sam would never need to take a bung after he's sued BBC for millions.

Agree with every word of that. I hope Sam's lawyers are recording all the BBC's news items too - he could make a killing out of this.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: Agree with every word of that. I hope Sam's lawyers are recording all the BBC's news items too - he could make a killing out of this.
yup! it wouldn't suprise me if he was.

complete defamation.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:50 pm

Viva La Portable Radio!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:51 pm

Post lost by the moderation duties.
JimmyLad wrote:I dont know what to think.

I've just finished watching the Panorama investigation and i'm stumped. Did Sam or did he not recieve these bungs, I hope to god all this will get sorted out and Sam will be in the clear.

For all the pissing about he has had to do, scraping the bottom of the barrel of the transfer market, it seems impossible that Sam could have recieved monies for these transfers. And the three that they mentioned Tal Ben Haim, Nakata and Alsabi. Ben Haim has been a great signing for us, th player that were now building our defence around, Nakata on paper was going to be a great signing although it didn't pan out like that, and Alsabi is def one for the future.

I think Craig has been stupid and naive with the comments he made. Plus you also have to look at Gartside for allowing these kind of events to occur between father and son under his noise, surely those kinda transfers should recieve an extra little attention from him to make sure that everything is above board.

I'm stook and dont know what to say and really want to hear from other wanderers that feel like one of our clubs greats may have just shit on us.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Considering what we just witnessed was a YEARS worth of investicative journalism and deep undercover work, there was little to no fact there, which is a pretty rubbish result by any standards. What I think we have here, is a jumped up little shitbag in CA that is plying an illicit trade off the back of his fathers name. These agents are all naming Sam, and logically you'd assume that's down to Craig, with him being a mildly retarded agent and all. I mean for years Craig was barred from doing business with Bolton, by Gartside himself... and it doesn't look to me that Sam and Phils relationship was damaged in any way because of that.

To me, that doesn't look in any way to me to be the actions of a man that is holding his hand out for a relayed bung from his son.

As for Phil naming a price for Jay-Jay?! That part was RIDICULOUS. I mean could they not find anything better to pad out the hours worth with? He named a price of €5,000,000 for a player who's contract was due to expire within the year. ANY manager would take that for a player of Jay Jays age, especiallly when he's out of form!

I found it sensationalist and quite desperate to be honest. They were really scraping the barrell. I really don't think Sam will be panicking too much about this, and I'm sure he'll be with Bolton for a while to come yet.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm

Chrisfu wrote:Considering what we just witnessed was a YEARS worth of investicative journalism and deep undercover work, there was little to no fact there, which is a pretty rubbish result by any standards. What I think we have here, is a jumped up little shitbag in CA that is plying an illicit trade off the back of his fathers name. These agents are all naming Sam, and logically you'd assume that's down to Craig, with him being a mildly retarded agent and all. I mean for years Craig was barred from doing business with Bolton, by Gartside himself... and it doesn't look to me that Sam and Phils relationship was damaged in any way because of that.

To me, that doesn't look in any way to me to be the actions of a man that is holding his hand out for a relayed bung from his son.

As for Phil naming a price for Jay-Jay?! That part was RIDICULOUS. I mean could they not find anything better to pad out the hours worth with? He named a price of €5,000,000 for a player who's contract was due to expire within the year. ANY manager would take that for a player of Jay Jays age, especiallly when he's out of form!

I found it sensationalist and quite desperate to be honest. They were really scraping the barrell. I really don't think Sam will be panicking too much about this, and I'm sure he'll be with Bolton for a while to come yet.
Amen to all of that. And welcome btw.
Smarties have answers.....

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:02 pm

Chrisfu wrote:Considering what we just witnessed was a YEARS worth of investicative journalism and deep undercover work, there was little to no fact there, which is a pretty rubbish result by any standards. What I think we have here, is a jumped up little shitbag in CA that is plying an illicit trade off the back of his fathers name. These agents are all naming Sam, and logically you'd assume that's down to Craig, with him being a mildly retarded agent and all. I mean for years Craig was barred from doing business with Bolton, by Gartside himself... and it doesn't look to me that Sam and Phils relationship was damaged in any way because of that.

Damn right!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:03 pm

BWFC FOREVER

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:03 pm

Congratulations - a fine first post.

I love the idea of Allardyce having to be paid a bung to sign Tal Ben Haim. :lol:

"Oh go on then Peter, I was going to go after Boumsong, but if you slip £20K to my son I'll take Tal off your hands instead."
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

jet1
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jet1 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:15 pm

Mackem coming in peace (really)

OK I can understand Wanderers fans having a knee jerk negative reaction to tonights programme - and of course blaming CA probably helps ignore the bleedin' obvious ......no evidence???? yeah right (!) :shock:

I like Bolton, I like BSA (an ex player of ours) but nearly everything I have read on tonight's board reads more like die hard fans sticking their heads in the sand rather than waking up and smelling the coffee. and no I don't doubt SAFC fans would react any differently.

As for the beeb having an agenda against Bolton .....Why would they? there is no earthly reason why Bolton would be concentrated on other than it became obvious during the investigation that BSA's name kept recurring. (and remember Chelsea/Redknapp were also fingered!)

Of course BSA is certainly NOT the only manager to have been found accepting a bung - everyone in the game knows George Graham + BSA are far from unique ...until now however it has never been revealed in such a way ..

until now ........?

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:16 pm

Unless you have something new to add, piss off.

All we know is that our mate has been called a load of names by a big bully, without any evidence at all.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:19 pm

jet1 wrote:Mackem coming in peace (really)

OK I can understand Wanderers fans having a knee jerk negative reaction to tonights programme - and of course blaming CA probably helps ignore the bleedin' obvious ......no evidence???? yeah right (!) :shock:

I like Bolton, I like BSA (an ex player of ours) but nearly everything I have read on tonight's board reads more like die hard fans sticking their heads in the sand rather than waking up and smelling the coffee. and no I don't doubt SAFC fans would react any differently.

As for the beeb having an agenda against Bolton .....Why would they? there is no earthly reason why Bolton would be concentrated on other than it became obvious during the investigation that BSA's name kept recurring. (and remember Chelsea/Redknapp were also fingered!)

Of course BSA is certainly NOT the only manager to have been found accepting a bung - everyone in the game knows George Graham + BSA are far from unique ...until now however it has never been revealed in such a way ..

until now ........?
you've been very respectful, so i will be respectful with my reply

BUGGER OFF AND COME BACK AFTER THE OFFICIAL ENQUIRY

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:20 pm

jet1 wrote:Mackem coming in peace (really)

until now ........?

you clearly know feck all about the law or the media. Now run back to your hovel and stoke the fire under your tin bath.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:24 pm

jet1 wrote: OK I can understand Wanderers fans having a knee jerk negative reaction to tonights programme - and of course blaming CA probably helps ignore the bleedin' obvious ......no evidence???? yeah right (!) :shock:
Please spell out this evidence you speak of, for the benefit of those of us with partisan blinkers on.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 pm

I too would like to know.

I'm going hoarse repeating myself to these mindless nice people.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Batman wrote:I too would like to know.

I'm going hoarse repeating myself to these mindless tw*ts.
What he said.
Smarties have answers.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:32 pm

We are now about to be beseiged by band-waggon jumpers who, even with no concrete evidence, will crucify Allardyce and the club. Have to agree it looks like a deliberate witch-hunt on both, but innocent until proven guilty won't apply here. Sam and his son come out of this already tarred and feathered and Gartside hasn't helped the cause at all. Someone mentioned "entrapment" of which this is the very worst example, but the mud will undoubtedly stick fast. Probably nothing will be proven as, without the admissions of the agents involved, (who have already denied everything) there is nothing that could feasibly be presented as hard evidence. The FA may not share this view.

Redknap is a target, so the Portsmouth game may see a lack of comment. After that, you can here the chants already. I'm only glad I'm on holiday this week as I work in a Manc stronghold. I'll still get persecuted next week. All we can hope is that the team aren't affected until all this is cleared up. Sam is already a Bolton legend but he'll need to be very strong about this lot. Could anyone on this sort of money legitamately be so greedy that they'd risk losing all for the sake of more on the side?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Hadn't notice my knee jerking..
In fact said elsewhere that anyone found guity of this kind of thing should go.. whoever they are..
But saw nowt but a big old smoke and mirrors show.. not one word from Sam, on tape or video..
and his son being a cock and bigging it up.....

Better build more prisons if having stupid kids is a crime...

By the look of it Sunderland could use the first'un
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:34 pm

Could anyone on this sort of money legitamately be so greedy that they'd risk losing all for the sake of more on the side

A fine point.

Where's CAPSLOCK when you need the inside scoop?