owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Our liaison officer was probably too busy with Jussi's iPod.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
And for all his faults, Ream doesn't strike me as a totally unprofessional arse, determined to do what he wants......

so - just to recap...

how does him earning vast amounts of money mean that he'd be stuck on his arse eating KFC and burgers?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:It's not even a relaxed approach. It's an indifferent who gives a feck approach. How the hell do you pay out 2.5 mil on someone then leave them dumped in a hotel eating burgers and going nuts. Thats blindingly short sighted.
conversely... what kind of professional sets off to a new country to play football as a professional in one of the most prestigious leagues in the world... and sits on his arse eating burgers and KFC??
How many young blokes in their early twenties when going to work in a new country wouldn't do that? Especially ones who probably have less education than most and are earning vast sums of money?

When I was nineteen I moved to a country where I knew nobody and where I didn't speak the language and still managed to prepare a decent meal for myself three times a day.

Frankly, Ream comes across as a moaning, cosseted mummy's boy – which would explain his cowardly performances this season.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Absolutely bang on this http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/s ... p?a=292953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't believe the shit that comes out of our players mouths.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Sponge wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:It's not even a relaxed approach. It's an indifferent who gives a feck approach. How the hell do you pay out 2.5 mil on someone then leave them dumped in a hotel eating burgers and going nuts. Thats blindingly short sighted.
conversely... what kind of professional sets off to a new country to play football as a professional in one of the most prestigious leagues in the world... and sits on his arse eating burgers and KFC??
How many young blokes in their early twenties when going to work in a new country wouldn't do that? Especially ones who probably have less education than most and are earning vast sums of money?

When I was nineteen I moved to a country where I knew nobody and where I didn't speak the language and still managed to prepare a decent meal for myself three times a day.

Frankly, Ream comes across as a moaning, cosseted mummy's boy – which would explain his cowardly performances this season.
Well either way,Big Sam would not have let something like that occur and more than likely wouldnt have dreamed of signing him(altho didnt sam set up the em cid deal as a last helping hand to little sam). Course ream should be more professional(altho fitness doesnt appear to be his issue)If the club pays no attention to players diets it may explain some of the tubby returnees and hardly gives the impression that there is anything remotely preofessional about the way the players are being managed.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote: Well either way,Big Sam would not have let something like that occur and more than likely wouldnt have dreamed of signing him...
hmmm... Big Sam would not have signed a fatty junkfood-eater and allowed him to stay that way??

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 pm

thebish wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote: Well either way,Big Sam would not have let something like that occur and more than likely wouldnt have dreamed of signing him...
hmmm... Big Sam would not have signed a fatty junkfood-eater and allowed him to stay that way??

No never his sports science geniuses would never have allowed such a thing. :mrgreen:

Lardell was different,a football genius with psychiatric problems.Shows the belief sam had in his backroom set up that he tried to make it work. That it clearly didnt is a moot point. Cant think of any examples of players coming in and becoming less fit under the allardyce setup

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 am

Cost is some serious dough, did that fat bastard
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 am

Jokers in White wrote:Absolutely bang on this http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/s ... p?a=292953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That Kev BN article is word for word what he said on Football Focus, the lazy bastards.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Jokers in White wrote:Absolutely bang on this http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/s ... p?a=292953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Following that pretty insightful article, Emma Davies has branded Bolton Vital Football as "claptrap" and "poisonous, clueless bile". Despite also saying that she's never read it. Yeah, nice one Emma. :spank:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 pm

i think whoever wrote that article likes his skol too much.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:50 pm

a1 wrote:i think whoever wrote that article likes his skol too much.
Why?
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 pm

I'd be ecstatic if we signed someone of Jardel's calibre nowadays even if they are in the same style of situation as we found Jardel. The signing of Jardel was one of those that really made people stand up and take notice, we were aiming for something higher than the situation we found ourselves in. Sure Jardel didn't work out but the fact we signed a European Golden Boot winner will live long in my memory because it begs the question 'what if it does work out'.

Give me the flailing careers of the likes of Rivaldo, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Jardel, Anelka, Borgetti, etc. because its opportunistic, raises the calibre of the club and on occasion works out for the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSAkpWOgKo <-- Big Sam talking about Jardel and Djibril Diawara.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Mar wrote:I'd be ecstatic if we signed someone of Jardel's calibre nowadays even if they are in the same style of situation as we found Jardel. The signing of Jardel was one of those that really made people stand up and take notice, we were aiming for something higher than the situation we found ourselves in. Sure Jardel didn't work out but the fact we signed a European Golden Boot winner will live long in my memory because it begs the question 'what if it does work out'.

Give me the flailing careers of the likes of Rivaldo, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Jardel, Anelka, Borgetti, etc. because its opportunistic, raises the calibre of the club and on occasion works out for the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSAkpWOgKo <-- Big Sam talking about Jardel and Djibril Diawara.
When it comes to signing a player of mystical talent who, sadly turns out that his best days are behind him what more do we need than Darren Pratley ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:39 am

Jokers in White wrote:
Why?
because theyre shit stirring. like that mannyroad.co.ck crew. dont know if it's related. but lespilling/postmanpisscan/richardmcormick used to do vital , and for all i know , passed on the vital gig to one of his likeminded mates. as is the way with these things.

oh, and , to do that, then diss folk on , say , here [quoted from that public twitter place]

"Just been reading other #bwfc sites views on Hillsborough. Disrespectful and making our club look bad. They should be ashamed."

so having that opinion is no-no and making bwfc look bad, but cussing out the club captain for being interviewed on tv is OK and rational ?

i wish theyd switch to keith chegwin's favourite.
Last edited by a1 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:08 am

With all due respect, on this planet a living football player is less of a tricky subject than loads of dead people. Just saying.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 am

hey @phillyg arent bolton fans dix ? please RT

week before

@skd is a disgrace and heres why. http://www.skol.com.br" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

attention seeking brown tongues.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:02 am

boltonboris wrote:Cost is some serious dough, did that fat bastard
Looks like he ate all the dough!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 am

I've mentioned it before but watching Emerson Thome and Mario Jardel 'warming up' on the sidelines at QPR's ground (I think against Fulham when they shared there), the majority of the Bolton fans started a rendition of 'Just like watching Brazil' (to the Blue Moon tune).

When they waved we all fell about laughing.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 pm

a1 wrote:hey @phillyg arent bolton fans dix ? please RT

week before

@skd is a disgrace and heres why. http://www.skol.com.br" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

attention seeking brown tongues.
I hate to break it to you a1 but Megson is NOT coming back, NOT NOW NOR EVER! so stop taking up his mantle and slagging off the fans :mrgreen: