The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:14 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Latest from Iles twitter:
Best way to describe Sports Shield bid is "in limbo" - perhaps it got caught in the Bermuda Triangle? Madness looks set to continue #bwfc
still dont give the slightest intimation of anything about the offer to justify the madness tag. Would have though journos licence woulld have at least come up with 'club saving' or 'solid' - I dont know why I'm not thinking exciting' or 'fantastic'.
Think he refers to madness in the sense of the current position and uncertainty, not in relation to the bid or its non acceptance.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: I've just had lentil soup and have been grazing on fruit all morning. I may have to excuse myself quickly a time or two this afternoon. :oops:
Bowl of muesli and fruit, a bacon butty and about to have steak n chips. Should be a light sou' westerly blowing this evening :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: I've just had lentil soup and have been grazing on fruit all morning. I may have to excuse myself quickly a time or two this afternoon. :oops:
Bowl of muesli and fruit, a bacon butty and about to have steak n chips. Should be a light sou' westerly blowing this evening :mrgreen:
This is how we end up with your fecking sand all over our cars and property, isn't it?! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
This is how we end up with your fecking sand all over our cars and property, isn't it?! :D
That'd be one of my cats. Fcuking lethal I tell ye :vomit:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Porridge for breakfast and a falafel and halloumi wrap for me dinner.

Bakin' a big 'un........

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:51 pm

From the BN:

"...the sticking point for Sports Shield and most of the other parties who have explored the purchase of the club has been to prove they have the money to cover future bills. That figure has changed consistently through the process but is now thought to be around £8million."

Call me fussy, but I agree that it'd be nice for the new owners to prove they have the money to make it to May.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 pm

So! Another couple of pages of=Nothing to see here then? :hang:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:01 pm

48 hours. Be reet.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Bolton. Eddie Davies wants buyers to show have money for now and next season. Good idea. But still needs to reveal on car park sale cash.
Well, if SS can't do that, they will have proven themselves to be utter chancers just like many predicted.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:From the BN:

"...the sticking point for Sports Shield and most of the other parties who have explored the purchase of the club has been to prove they have the money to cover future bills. That figure has changed consistently through the process but is now thought to be around £8million."

Call me fussy, but I agree that it'd be nice for the new owners to prove they have the money to make it to May.
^
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 pm

In his twitter though Iles has been saying that isn't the problem and that he doesn't know "what is holding it up". Oh and if Iles reporting is correct Sports Shield have put down the requested amount to get through this season already.

I mean I agree broadly it is good to know the resources of any new owner, though it is easy to say "prove it" and much harder to do in reality. If someone had asked Eddie when he came on board "prove you have the money to run this thing for 10 years" I suspect he wouldn't have been able to do so. In fact he came in and put limited amounts in at the start.

I think proving you can run it beyond this season depends entirely on your business plan. And again, in my view any business plan needs contrasting with what we've got now. Which is a court date on the 22nd of February where we may have to prove we're not insolvent.

More I think about this, whether it is with the best of intentions or otherwise, it is a rather pointless thing to ask. Even if I proved that I had billions in the bank, it means little because I may ultimately not be prepared to invest it. If I said I only have XM and then the club needs to be self sufficient that is still better than 0 and the club being immediately insolvent.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Perhaps the new consortium(s) are being asked to prove they have the capital because we won't have our debts written off in their entirety during the EDxit?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

In his twitter though Iles has been saying that isn't the problem and that he doesn't know "what is holding it up". Oh and if Iles reporting is correct Sports Shield have put down the requested amount to get through this season already.

I mean I agree broadly it is good to know the resources of any new owner, though it is easy to say "prove it" and much harder to do in reality. If someone had asked Eddie when he came on board "prove you have the money to run this thing for 10 years" I suspect he wouldn't have been able to do so. In fact he came in and put limited amounts in at the start.

I think proving you can run it beyond this season depends entirely on your business plan. And again, in my view any business plan needs contrasting with what we've got now. Which is a court date on the 22nd of February where we may have to prove we're not insolvent.

More I think about this, whether it is with the best of intentions or otherwise, it is a rather pointless thing to ask. Even if I proved that I had billions in the bank, it means little because I may ultimately not be prepared to invest it. If I said I only have XM and then the club needs to be self sufficient that is still better than 0 and the club being immediately insolvent.
Some of us have been saying that very shit from the very start. (without having to invoke Iles and his nice person machine).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:16 pm

He's probably making sure that the new owners and board don't get us £173million into debt ...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Jugs wrote:He's probably making sure that the new owners and board don't get us £173million into debt ...
With a series of court dates. We'd definitely not want a new owner dragging the club's name through the mud like that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Bolton. Eddie Davies wants buyers to show have money for now and next season. Good idea. But still needs to reveal on car park sale cash.
Well, if SS can't do that, they will have proven themselves to be utter chancers just like many predicted.
Assume that's Nixon. What does he mean by the last bit? It's like reading tea-leaves...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 pm

fussy! to be fair - it does at least SEEM like a reasonable thing to ask bidders...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:26 pm

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

why is deano's occupation listed as 'football manager'?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:27 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments

and - to be fair - he has managed redbridge, newport, aldershot, chelmsford and brentwood...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:30 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments

He's managed clubs in the past and probably still considers himself to be a football manager like many who have periods out of the game do. For example, Megson, who hasn't had a job for about 3 years now, and who many would argue was never a football manager in the first place, probably still puts 'football manager' on his forms when he goes to the job centre.