Wanderers Vs Man U

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanderers Vs Man U

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Really highlights how much joy Nani and Jones got down our left hand side and possibly how exposed Petrov leaves us, when you look at the influence of Jones and to an extent Nani!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Indeed, though it doesn't show how Boyata nullified Young, leaving the massive weak link at LB as their main focus of attack - one that yielded much to those f uckers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:26 pm

I'll certainly wager it's Young's worst game yet for that lot. And he normally has such fun at the Reebok.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Err - 16 crosses by Petrov would suggest Jones wasn't that great defensively.

If only we had someone in there to get on the end of them- a young, pacy 6"3 striker perhaps?

How many crosses did Nani get in?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Nice work, DSB. Very good! BTW, whoever interviewed OC in the current issue did a great job in getting an actual proper comment about his predecessors.

After the window closed I was very happy. The game at the weekend was a bit of an anti-climax but he was always going to ease the new players in, some of them quite slowly for whatever reason. Now that he's got 8 new chess pieces, including one new captain-shaped chess piece, I have a good feeling about the season still. Even this game itself was much much better than Wembley and the subs all looked good to me.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Wow! interesting how.deep klasnic was compared to davies...hes doing kevs running now i tell you...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Err - 16 crosses by Petrov would suggest Jones wasn't that great defensively.

If only we had someone in there to get on the end of them- a young, pacy 6"3 striker perhaps?

How many crosses did Nani get in?
Crosses seems to include corners, unless our Pet was in the habit of running over to the other extremity just to whip a ball in. But there's still what looks like eight left-wing crosses from open play.

Nani:
two shots (one off target, one blocked);
ball received 57 times;
42 passes completed out of 53 (79%), including 16/21 forward, 19/21 backward, 7/11 square;
16 out of 23 passes in the attacking third completed;
three chances created, two assists;
one completed cross out of four;
three successful take-ons out of five;
two offside passes (by him).
Armchair Wanderer wrote:Nice work, DSB. Very good! BTW, whoever interviewed OC in the current issue did a great job in getting an actual proper comment about his predecessors.
Steve Anglesey, of the Mirror. Great writer and a good man.
Armchair Wanderer wrote:After the window closed I was very happy. The game at the weekend was a bit of an anti-climax but he was always going to ease the new players in, some of them quite slowly for whatever reason. Now that he's got 8 new chess pieces, including one new captain-shaped chess piece, I have a good feeling about the season still. Even this game itself was much much better than Wembley and the subs all looked good to me.
Deeply unpleasant result but I'm confident for the future. The worst that could happen is stasis and a refusal to change; it may not be the time for baby to fly out with bathwater but OC needs to implement the changes his new arrivals have made possible.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 am

The single biggest decision he has to make is when & how to use SKD & when to leave him out. His style is such that there are no half-way measures.

Coyle cannot have brought in the newbie's with the plan not to play them. That means forcing through a new style and restricts Davies' role unless we all misjudge his adaptability.

But that's our Captain, our talisman and the main focus of our playing style for close on 10 yrs & it's a fact that when he's out we don't play as well.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:03 pm

I can see that fact changing this season. I cant think of many teams who couldnt cope with him now. Too slow.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 pm

"When Stu Holden was injured I don't remember us making a fuss about it"

Coyle :pray:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:"When Stu Holden was injured I don't remember us making a fuss about it"

Coyle :pray:
Hmm trying to start a war with Fergie. Fun. Not entirely sure its worth it though!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

feck 'em.. Why should every bast*rd fawn over the moaning owd tw*t.

We don't want anything from them.. What's the worst that can happen? They beat us when we playe them? They do anyway!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:17 pm

boltonboris wrote:feck 'em.. Why should every bast*rd fawn over the moaning owd tw*t.
We don't want anything from them.. What's the worst that can happen? They beat us when we playe them? They do anyway!
Agree with that. The media have got to the point of "well if SIR Alex says it, it must be true". Its sickening. I think he's a bit untouchable now, which is also irritating.

Happy if Coyle is prepared to speak out against the nice person. Just pointing out, it won't get us anywhere. May provide some laughs though!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:45 pm

May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 pm

If I am not mistaken Owen, Megson and Allardyce all consider Old Red Nose a friend. So how many players have we either signed or loaned from ManU in recent times?

I can remember a couple:

Quinton Fortune (Released)
Paul Wheatcroft (Released)

So I think we should do everything to keep our 'special' relationship with Fergie for no other reason than all the favours he has done for us down the years.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:30 pm

malcd1 wrote:If I am not mistaken Owen, Megson and Allardyce all consider Old Red Nose a friend. So how many players have we either signed or loaned from ManU in recent times?

I can remember a couple:

So I think we should do everything to keep our 'special' relationship with Fergie for no other reason than all the favours he has done for us down the years.
Whoa, steady ..... there was always Jason Lydiate !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

malcd1 wrote:If I am not mistaken Owen, Megson and Allardyce all consider Old Red Nose a friend. So how many players have we either signed or loaned from ManU in recent times?

I can remember a couple:

Sam and Fergie were mates, Sam was mates with loads of the ex Man Utd players.

Not too sure about Owen or Megson though, Owen just loves everybody and thinks every other manager is tops!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Not too sure about Owen or Megson though, Owen just loves everybody and thinks every other manager is tops!
Likesay, Ferguson fell out with Coyle over the tribunal for Eckersley. Might have smoothed it over now though.