Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Ahh so 30% of SSBWFC (rather than 30% of "the Club") - gotcha - think you said "the Club".

On the Auditors, they're not too fussed if a company is rolling in it nor bankrupt - they just take their fees and report the facts as they saw them to enable them to give an opinion (in this case on both the going concern and the subsequent events). The fact that they couldn't see the revenue stream nor enough evidence of how the takeover occurred were both factors.

As optimistic as you want to be about how we've moved on in the last 18 months, that's gotta be a little niggling worry at least...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm fecking bored of all this really.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 pm
Ahh so 30% of SSBWFC (rather than 30% of "the Club") - gotcha - think you said "the Club".

On the Auditors, they're not too fussed if a company is rolling in it nor bankrupt - they just take their fees and report the facts as they saw them to enable them to give an opinion (in this case on both the going concern and the subsequent events). The fact that they couldn't see the revenue stream nor enough evidence of how the takeover occurred were both factors.

As optimistic as you want to be about how we've moved on in the last 18 months, that's gotta be a little niggling worry at least...
Big worry. If you take Ken at his word unti BM is resolved and he is sole owner he cannot progress the finances to ensure ongoing funding is available. That's if you take his word.

I still think that Ken is our only hope. Whether that is good or not we shall see.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm glad I'm not au-fait with all the facts or I might find myself worried as shxt. More twist and turns than a Dick Barton plot. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Is it notable that the court hearing has been delayed at the request of BluMarble?

Is it also notable that we keep signing players? I suppose that could be an indication of total idiocy, but...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:30 pm
Is it notable that the court hearing has been delayed at the request of BluMarble?

Is it also notable that we keep signing players? I suppose that could be an indication of total idiocy, but...
Every adjournment has been requested by BM. To allow for ongoing negotiations to continue. But who are BM negotiating with? Ken or other parties?

Also we are signing players but not ones likely to be significant financial investments. We so far are running very similarly to last year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Every adjournment has been requested by BM. To allow for ongoing negotiations to continue. But who are BM negotiating with? Ken or other parties?

Also we are signing players but not ones likely to be significant financial investments. We so far are running very similarly to last year.
There is one simple explanation, Ken just ain't got the cash on his tod, you don't need to be Einstein to work that out.
Deano is laying he pain in the ass, I suspect he maybe liable for a rather large bill if Ken has his way.
BM are looking a touch stupid having got involved in a large (to them anyway) debt situation and are looking for a way out.
things could possibly go belly up.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:36 am

I suspect KA is nobody's fool. As much as I want new signings, there's been a lot of "not paying the bills" stuff reported. Caterers, players, smaller contractors. I'm hopeful he'll see us through this but it would be good to come out the far side with some integrity left.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:50 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:36 am

I suspect KA is nobody's fool. As much as I want new signings, there's been a lot of "not paying the bills" stuff reported. Caterers, players, smaller contractors. I'm hopeful he'll see us through this but it would be good to come out the far side with some integrity left.
I think that's a folorn hope.

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:52 am

A morning missive from Kennners.
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/a- ... chairman4/

Accounts signed / BM negociations ongoing / confirms Spearing is going / no mention of former players still not being paid wages/bonus etc.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:52 am

Accounts signed / BM negociations ongoing / confirms Spearing is going / no mention of former players still not being paid wages/bonus etc.
No mention of unpaid players

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:52 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

Do we know if the non-playing staff have been paid?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:52 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

Do we know if the non-playing staff have been paid?
Reportedly they always have been. The only outstanding payments currently are a months wages and bonuses to players who have left, eg Spearing, Davies etc...

Presumably Ken delaying as long as he can before paying them. Pretty shitty, but his money I guess.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Not if the contracts say they'd be paid by now it isn't.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Not if the contracts say they'd be paid by now it isn't.
Ken can walk away if he wants. He owns more than half the club but his own money is currently covering running costs, on a temporary basis. If he wants he can chuck the business into administration and lose relatively little of his own cash.

So I'd say it is his money. Like Eddie did, Ken can at any point say, 'sorry you aren't on your own financially'.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Yeah that's how owning a business works. He can stop putting money in if he wants, and the business goes bust and he owns over half of feck all. Or he can behave like an adult and putt his hand in his pocket. What he can't (or shouldn't) do is feck around people contractually owed money by the business in some sort of Mexican stand off to save himself a few quid.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:27 pm
Yeah that's how owning a business works. He can stop putting money in if he wants, and the business goes bust and he owns over half of feck all. Or he can behave like an adult and putt his hand in his pocket. What he can't (or shouldn't) do is feck around people contractually owed money by the business in some sort of Mexican stand off to save himself a few quid.
I suspect there'd be plenty on here would grumble somewhat if the pay-check didn't hit on time...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm
Prufrock wrote:
I suspect there'd be plenty on here would grumble somewhat if the pay-check didn't hit on time...
Indeed. Remind me of your stance when Eddie stopped paying every fecker at the club playing and non playing....never mind those who had left...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Indeed. Remind me of your stance when Eddie stopped paying every fecker at the club playing and non playing....never mind those who had left...
Well, I'd have to go back and check, but I think it would have been something like "The Directors are responsible for ensuring the bills are paid" no?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:56 pm

I don't get this, why is KA getting stick for this ?

Surely it should be Holdsworth getting the blame for this not KA.

KA appears to be the only one really pushing / doing everything he can to resolve the Sports Shield / Blumarble issue, and then bring additional investment into the club - it appears that its Holdsworth who's dragging his feet & delaying things, he obviously doesn't give a shit about players not been paid or bonuses not being paid or the embargo being lifted.

It's Holdsworth's 'pay day' loan that is the main issue here, yet KA gets stick for not ploughing in £1/2M each month whilst Holdsworth gets away with doing nothing.