The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Debt.

Post by a1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 pm

he did sign spearing. at first. I didnt mind that zat were captain, he's probably bin there the longest , its been done before. wheater was 'on form' at the end of last year. nothing about those were 'wrong' per se.
the trotter one was like the danns or feeney ones, luckily, it were like they'd planned for it because they have been used.

ryo miuici , and gael kakuta , other assorted shite , etc didnt even play that regularly.

that one from southampton with the belgian name , i'll give you that one. a "this'll do" signing if ever there was one. i'll bet he learned that one from allardyce.

Nothing can convince me that now is worse than coyle's reign. comparing bwfc to a sinking boat is what folk shouldve been doing while norwich beat us at home or whatever.

during the 'worst start in a million yearsTM' i laughed that it was only 2 wins worse than the previous season. probably using less money too.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm

There's a common theme among these Duggie is shit hot and never does anything wrong posters...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 pm

clapton is god wrote:Doesn't look good when you put it this way:

With debts like that it almost makes you want to start all over again.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Mar wrote:
clapton is god wrote:Doesn't look good when you put it this way:

With debts like that it almost makes you want to start all over again.
Are you the troll?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:26 pm

jaffka wrote:There's a common theme among these Duggie is shit hot and never does anything wrong posters...
megson out

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Is feck* a real word?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:28 pm

no, its from father ted

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:29 pm

What about feck*?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:03 pm

sobering article in the daily fail about costs of PL relegation and chances of going back up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:sobering article in the daily fail about costs of PL relegation and chances of going back up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not true. Most posters on here could have got us back up already playing 17 up front every week, with the debt magicked away and filling the ground every week......

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:24 am

Nobody has ever denied that a club loses a lot of money when relegated. Not having much money and needing to rely on the players you already have doesn't excuse dire performances week in, week out though. They're simply excuses made to defend a poor manager, who is well out of his depth. Instead of talking about bringing new players through and moaning about not having funds, how about getting the talented players we've got playing in a way which suits them to get the most from them?

Dyche never sat there in a press conference crying about how he didn't have money to spend or he didn't have the players he wanted. He looked at the squad he had, worked out what would be the right tactics, found out how to get the most from the players he already had and got them promoted. That's all I want, a manager who has a plan to get us back up and has the ability to pull it off. For all the talk Freedman has, he isn't capable of backing it up.

Our financial situation doesn't have anything to do with the awful performances we've seen under Freedman. He and his four man fanclub might use lack of money to defend him but to anyone who has a clue, it clearly isn't an excuse.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:54 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23730&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a whole thread around getting repromoted first time...BWFCi seems to be solidly of the opinion that we should achieve it with anyone in charge...

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:04 am

Izual_Rebirth wrote:People call me a troll but I don't see that. I'm just someone who loves this club and after seeing how clubs like Portsmouth suffered slow and drawn out deaths that I'd rather bite the bullet now and just get it over with instead of pretending everything is ok.
Portsmouth is a different situation, one where the club was sold to a foreign owner seemingly only interested in funding the club whilst it made him look good. Once they reached a ceiling (and won the FA Cup) he decided that his bank account was looking a little too airy and fecked off, selling it to the most gullible dodgy bloke he knew and saying 'here you go have fun with this', leaving a club with massive operating budgets but no income (either revenue or 'sugar daddy' support) to pay for it.

At Bolton what we have is a relatively small debt to the bank, but a very large debt to our owner, which presumably Eddie will not be too fussed if he gets back. What he doesn't want is to spend more than he has to on the club, which is fair enough, you want to run a business efficiently even if he's in it for personal reasons. Bolton's biggest issue is that we are a very inefficient club right now and rather than Eddie calling his debts in, he'd probably just cut his funding to the club down to a point where the excess budget costs would have to be covered by bank loans, which is not good. Ideally we need to have a business model that requires as little extra funding from Eddie as possible, so he can spend on things to improve the club not just maintain it.

I think Phil Gartside has failed to realise the inefficiencies of the club, which in my opinion is somewhat understandable considering that the club is essentially being run the same way as it was when we were doing well, so in his mind it's probably a case of not thinking that is the main issue. However, he is being paid very well to be able to see these issues and change accordingly, so there's reason to be frustrated towards him right now. We're not as bad as someone like QPR, who I found out the other day have a larger wage bill than Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid(!), but it's clear that the club could be run better on a smaller budget and achieve better results financially and on the pitch. I believe that Gartside means well for Bolton but has failed to adapt the business to modern times and our on-pitch performance. Perhaps it's time he let someone else have a go.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23730&start=20

There's a whole thread around getting repromoted first time...BWFCi seems to be solidly of the opinion that we should achieve it with anyone in charge...
meh, just shows how shit coyle were. getting that team relegated in the first place shows that.

why folk saw through sammy lee's 'positives' , but not coyle's , just means his hypno coin was better.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 am

Are we in administration yet? :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

goffy7167
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by goffy7167 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Just found this while searchin the interweb, dont know if it has been posted before (had a look for it but cant find it) but worth a read!

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/matt ... -into-lead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Good piece that, Goffy, cheers (even if yer man does have a predilection for oral garnish).
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:13 pm

Bolton Council have knocked back the planning permission on the Middlebrook redevelopment. Davies has thrown a hissy-fit and threatened to pull out (he can afford to, despite what people think) if they don't budge. The land owners have some financial dirt on the Councillors and are leveraging that info to get it sorted. It's all a bit messy.

Anyhow. Don't expect to see a penny go in until it's sorted.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Planning permission? What are we after doing now?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:37 pm

boltonboris wrote:Bolton Council have knocked back the planning permission on the Middlebrook redevelopment. Davies has thrown a hissy-fit and threatened to pull out (he can afford to, despite what people think) if they don't budge. The land owners have some financial dirt on the Councillors and are leveraging that info to get it sorted. It's all a bit messy.

Anyhow. Don't expect to see a penny go in until it's sorted.
Tell us more.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".