Blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Blackpool

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Reasonably OK, as a one-off result, but the trouble is Cptn. Chaos left us in such poor shape we need wins not draws.
We don't, we just have to show consistency till the end of the season.

Good start, carry on like this, and we can make the play offs.

Of course we need to win games, but given the three fixture we've just played 5 points is acceptable, and enough.

Clearly such a statement relies on us beating what we may see as 'easier' games.

Division is mental though, when we played Wolves they were 5th and well above us.

Now they are 15th just 2 points ahead of ourselves.

Plenty of time for a winning run yet.

Let's time it right and make sure we are up there at the end and not in February only to fall away!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm enjoying it, again

Thanks, Phil, for getting rid of #dickhead

Hopefully it was just in time

And, to think folk backed him

Had a 20 minute sit down with my insider today, and fcuk me, it makes your blood boil hearing what he thought he could get away with

It sounds like the Ladybird book of football coaching
Sto ut Serviam

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Reasonably OK, as a one-off result, but the trouble is Cptn. Chaos left us in such poor shape we need wins not draws.

Of course we need to win games, but given the three fixture we've just played 5 points is acceptable, and enough.

Clearly such a statement relies on us beating what we may see as 'easier' games.

Division is mental though, when we played Wolves they were 5th and well above us.

Let's time it right and make sure we are up there at the end and not in February only to fall away!
If last season is a template then we can afford a maximum of 6 more losses.

I hope we can push on from these 5 points, slowly climb the league and sneak into 2nd! That'll do me! :D

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:09 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I'm enjoying it, again

Had a 20 minute sit down with my insider today, and fcuk me, it makes your blood boil hearing what he thought he could get away with

Spill the beans
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am

The voices "Insider" his head probably.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 am

Lord Kangana wrote:The voices "Insider" his head probably.
Let me know next time you're at a game and I'll introduce you

It sounds utterly shambolic
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:18 am

Well it looked it

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 am

it were staring folk in the face every week that it were a wacky cult. imo.

feck jesus christ, he shudda gone last year.

#dougiecool woulda got 'em in europe.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:27 am

Look, it was a f*cking open net. I couldn't just Vaz Te it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I'm enjoying it, again

Don't leave us hanging CAPS!

To those that went, how did we shape up? Did Mavies play further up the pitch and did it alter our defensive shape in any way? I've felt we've looked fairly solid under Dougie but lacked in the final third. Starting Ngog and Mavies as the potential forward midfielder is a good sign to me.

Happy with the result. Beat Barnsley and that is a great return from the first 4 games.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 am

I'm happy that things are going in the right direction. It appears DF is a proactive manager who reads a game well as it's played.

Tightening up the defence further is important and I suspect that the recruiting of another central defender, perhaps as a temporary loan, until Wheater is fully ready to play may be in DF's thoughts. Ultimately, he is correct in saying that defending is the responsibilty of the whole team, which to me indicates that there will be less space for the tippy-tappy types who don't take their defensive duties seriously. Petrov, Chungy? Moving on from that, I also suspect that there will be a search for an opportunist striker who is energetic, has decent ball control and can play on his own up front. Whilst N'gog may be the answer in some supporters eyes I still don't believe he can or will score regularly enough for him to be the main guy.

All in all though, an encouraging start.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 am

Turkish Trotter wrote:The number of draws and losses this season after being in the lead is not acceptable

Forest H 2 2 after being in lead 2 1
Crawley A Lost 2 1 after being in lead 1 0
Hull A Lost 3 1 after being in lead 1 0
Leeds H 2 2 after being in lead 2 1
Wolves A 2 2 after being in lead 1 0
Boro A Lost 2 1 after being in lead 1 0
Blackpool A 2 2 after being in lead twice 1 0 and 2 1.

If we want to get anywhere this season, DF needs to make this his priority.
We're fine going forward, but attitudes need to change it's not coincidence that we concede so many when in front.
Not forgetting the 2 games at the end of last season against West Brom and Stoke.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Let me know next time you're at a game and I'll introduce you

It sounds utterly shambolic

Can't come on a public forum and say that and then not tell us

If ya scared Pm me
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 am

I thought we played as well in parts as we have done in a long time, but equally it's another game we could've won and didn't, against a side sat in the bottom half of the table.

I suppose all you can say is that it's early days and the signs are promising that Dougie is an improvement over the previous incumbent. It just feels a bit like last season, where people kept writing off games as "Well [team x] are a difficult side to play" as we slid towards relegation.

Ultimately you have to win games you aren't expected to win if you're going to get anywhere, especially after the start we've had.
Martin_Cruise wrote:I predicted before the match started that with Petrov, Eagles and Mark Davies all starting we'd have to score 2 to get anything and that was how it turned out.

To be solid away from home we can't have 3 who won't battle in the midfield.Only 2 of those 3 can be in the team if we want a run of wins away from home.
How were any of those three at fault for Blackpool's equiliser? Two of them weren't even on the pitch.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'll be contesting all that. Everybody moaned ( truthfully) about how badly we've started under O.C.. Only wins will get us back up there. We aren't the only ones playing every week and unless we do better then the others it'll stay like that. There are no "easier games". We need to get winning and pretty quick. Yes there are plenty games left, but winning a fair few of them is the only way we'll get up amongst the top lads.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'll be contesting all that. Everybody moaned ( truthfully) about how badly we've started under O.C.. Only wins will get us back up there. We aren't the only ones playing every week and unless we do better then the others it'll stay like that. There are no "easier games". We need to get winning and pretty quick. Yes there are plenty games left, but winning a fair few of them is the only way we'll get up amongst the top lads.
Just as an example TD, when Sam Allardyce took over we drew two and lost one in his first three. Then won 4 in a row then went about 7 without winning.

We still climbed to 6th by the end of the season.

Consistent results is key.

2 points a game on average from now, would leave us on 80 points at the end, and more than
comfortably in the play offs.

That's no winning every single game.

We need to put some runs together for sure, but I think away at Blackpool is one id have been happy with a point with at this stage.

Next week at home to Barnsley is one I'd put in the 'must win' group!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Just as an example TD, when Sam Allardyce took over we drew two and lost one in his first three. Then won 4 in a row then went about 7 without winning.

We still climbed to 6th by the end of the season.

Consistent results is key.

2 points a game on average from now, would leave us on 80 points at the end, and more than
comfortably in the play offs.

That's no winning every single game.

We need to put some runs together for sure, but I think away at Blackpool is one id have been happy with a point with at this stage.

Next week at home to Barnsley is one I'd put in the 'must win' group!

Can't believe i'm agreeing with you again

Weird

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Didn't we keep saying things like that under Megson and OC? If I remember we still had that attiude about avoiding relegation. Complacency is a killer in any position in any league. Start talking "win" or we'll be going nowhere.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Didn't we keep saying things like that under Megson and OC? If I remember we still had that attiude about avoiding relegation. Complacency is a killer in any position in any league. Start talking "win" or we'll be going nowhere.
I don't think it's being complacent. We clearly should go into every game trying to win.

It would be unrealistic to expect a win every game though. And if we can't win take a point....

We were the team pushing for a win yesterday which is good to see.

A point away from home and slight disappointment we didn't take 3 is progress on where we were.

My point is that we are not likely to suddenly find ourselves back in the top 6 by January. But we don't need to, it's May that counts....marathon not a sprint even now.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:37 pm

What I meant was (sheesh, it's like platting piss on here sometimes) if we are to go up, we can only drop so many points.

Because Coyle was such a fckwit we've already dropped more than is comfortable ... so even though yesterday's result was, in itself, not a bad one, however we need to be getting 3 points more often than we are doing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".