Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 pm

jaffka wrote:Rumours that Knight, Eagles and Mears have already been booted.
I'd be surprised if Mears can recall where the ground is.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Look it's not his fault. He's in carbonate at Jabba The Hut's place after being frozen out by Darth Dougie, who may or may not be his father.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Look it's not his fault. He's in carbonate at Jabba The Hut's place after being frozen out by Darth Dougie, who may or may not be his father.
Pfffft.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat May 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Hope Chungy stays. In fact I don't see him leaving, considering he's started almost every match.
I thought he was motm today. He might not have the silky skills he once had, but I'd have him over Hall every day of the week. He's got the commitment in 50-50s, the effort and brings a lot of Korean interest (and money).

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Vertigo wrote:Hope Chungy stays. In fact I don't see him leaving, considering he's started almost every match.
I thought he was motm today. He might not have the silky skills he once had, but I'd have him over Hall every day of the week. He's got the commitment in 50-50s, the effort and brings a lot of Korean interest (and money).
Still got a season left so a team would have to splash at least a bit of cash to land him
Pfffft.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat May 03, 2014 11:23 pm

Would still rather keep him.

Also, I wonder if Dougie has his eyes set on any Fulham players? There's a few decent players there. Probably out of our budget.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat May 03, 2014 11:23 pm

I like chungy, he doesn't give the ball away.

Still has something to offer.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 am

Yesterday was one of his better games for us this season.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 am

Chungy must stay. I'm still of the opinion that he'd be better than he is if those around him shaped. Some of the "passes" fired at him would trouble a goalkeeper who can use his hands. Yesterday was a good example of bad and sloppy passing. We haven't seen the best of Chungy.
We need him. We're still going to have to find some level of wages that we can handle yet attract decent players or we're out of it as a club. How, I've no idea.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 04, 2014 11:05 am

Beckford wading in with his opinion on The Juke (Who still needs a better chant than just JJJJUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEEE when he comes out onto the pitch :))

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot ... cz-7068270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 am

↑↑↑ ... in other words, "don't play me up front on my own".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 04, 2014 11:13 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ ... in other words, "don't play me up front on my own".
Indeed. One of the priorities of this closed season for me is a striker similar to if not just The JUke (hold up play, bring the other striker into the game etc)
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2014 11:17 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ ... in other words, "don't play me up front on my own".
I'm trying to recall the part where he "sticks the ball in the top corner"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 am

Worthy4England wrote:
He was shocking yesterday, he throws his arms in the air a lot, loses the ball under his own steam etc and yet Beckford is still our top scorer. If he spent as much time chasing the ball down as he did complaining then he'd have at least 15 goals.
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2014 11:30 am

TKIZ! wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He was shocking yesterday, he throws his arms in the air a lot, loses the ball under his own steam etc and yet Beckford is still our top scorer. If he spent as much time chasing the ball down as he did complaining then he'd have at least 15 goals.
Yup. The one where he stopped, having been "tugged back" was ridhicolos. He was pretty much through on goal.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 am

TKIZ! wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He got .... and clearly heard, as he looked round and then got a pile more) some serious "pull your finger out you idle tw@t" abuse from ESL yesterday.

After one of his dives and whinges which led to boos and catcalls I was moved to let him know it was HIM who was being booed, not the referee. When he was subbed the decision was cheered. If that makes him look at himself close season and decide either to buck his ideas up (very unlikely) or decide he wants out ( who'd have him ?) it'll be no bad thing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 04, 2014 11:35 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He got .... and clearly heard, as he looked round and then got a pile more) some serious "pull your finger out you idle tw@t" abuse from ESL yesterday.

After one of his dives and whinges which led to boos and catcalls I was moved to let him know it was HIM who was being booed, not the referee. When he was subbed the decision was cheered. If that makes him look at himself close season and decide either to buck his ideas up (very unlikely) or decide he wants out ( who'd have him ?) it'll be no bad thing.
Beckford clearly couldn't be bothered yesterday. Buying a lazy uninterested striker in the summer is one of the oddest decisions Freedman has made and IMO is my biggest doubt about
him. He says he knows what we need, and generally I think he's done ok in the market, but Beckford very patently was a big mistake especially as the attitude already in the squad was poor.

We will see.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2014 11:38 am

Don't we get extra wonga for N'gog now Swansea have stayed up?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 04, 2014 11:47 am

Worthy4England wrote:Don't we get extra wonga for N'gog now Swansea have stayed up?
Have to applaud DF for that being inserted in the transfer if true. I also have to say that Juke obviously likes it here, his reaction after his goal yesterday was like he'd scored the winning goal in the World Cup final! :lol: (His goal game ratio is currently nearly 1 in 3, 20 games 7 goals in comparison with 44 games for Boro and 11 goals)
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Psst, Zico, 7 in 20 is better than 1 in 3! (Though I suppose you're not wrong to say it's nearly 1 in 3 either :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.