If Coyle gets the sack

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to take over if this dick gets the sack

Di Canio
19%
Mick McCarthy
16%
Billy Davies
7%
Hierro
9%
Campo
6%
Eddie Howe
1%
Curbishley
13%
Walter Smith
4%
Frank Spencer
9%
Other
17%

Total votes: 112

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If Coyle gets the sack

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Keane is mental. Detested by the players at both Sunderland and Ipswich, and he hated them! Used to warn the youth team players at Sunderland when they got into the first team not to trip over the hair gel containers. So that would be our only goal threat dropped and sold. Angry, inconsistent, volatile, randomly dropping players for minor discipline breaches. I know folk would rather it be like a boot camp (hell, I've just read how our best player all season should have been bollocked for missing a penalty ffs) but I'd prefer somewhere in the middle. Hard work, yes, no more ping pong and cosy FIFA games, but I also think players respond better when they are inspired by a manager rather than terrified of them. It doesn't work any more anyway.

I think if that Sun article is right then Gartside is on the right track. We do want another OC type. We want ambitious, young, promising, talk the right game, wants to build a young squad and get it down and play. It's just we need this one to not be shit at managing a football team beyond 18 months of getting by on enthusiasm. I'd be putting in a can't-hurt phonecall to Blackpool and Brighton, and if that didn't work I'd be looking at talking to Mr Solskjaer and Mr Hill in depth and go from there. No need to rush.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Hoboh wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:If gartside only did things you wanted hoboh there would be no football club.
You want to read some of your own posts mate!

I'll make it simple for you, about a dozen of us were sat having a pint when Coyles replacement was brought up, one yes one fecki' person actually wanted Mad Mick, 2 really didn't want him but owt was better than Coyle, the rest said no way so hey there you go just my opinion then!
You are allowed an opinion chief. Its just to me it reads like the comments section of the Daily Mail!

Maybe Gartside will pick Mick (rhymes). What we don't want is everyone jumping on his back after 3 matches, or getting the bed sheets out.. Mick could get us promoted perhaps, and pass the reigns on if it gets beyond him...I suspect getting up is #1 desire for the pots of cash...

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:Keane is mental. Detested by the players at both Sunderland and Ipswich, and he hated them! Used to warn the youth team players at Sunderland when they got into the first team not to trip over the hair gel containers. So that would be our only goal threat dropped and sold. Angry, inconsistent, volatile, randomly dropping players for minor discipline breaches. I know folk would rather it be like a boot camp (hell, I've just read how our best player all season should have been bollocked for missing a penalty ffs) but I'd prefer somewhere in the middle. Hard work, yes, no more ping pong and cosy FIFA games, but I also think players respond better when they are inspired by a manager rather than terrified of them. It doesn't work any more anyway.

I think if that Sun article is right then Gartside is on the right track. We do want another OC type. We want ambitious, young, promising, talk the right game, wants to build a young squad and get it down and play. It's just we need this one to not be shit at managing a football team beyond 18 months of getting by on enthusiasm. I'd be putting in a can't-hurt phonecall to Blackpool and Brighton, and if that didn't work I'd be looking at talking to Mr Solskjaer and Mr Hill in depth and go from there. No need to rush.
it was the manner in which he missed the penalty - Eagles lost his head at a crucial time. I also believe he is not our best player, lost count how many times he scores a goal then tries all the fancy stuff which is rarely effective - starts pouncing round the pitch with a bloated ego instead of dealing with what's happening in the game. And that, my friend, is why he f*cked up the penalty and gifted Millwall 3 points (and got his mate sacked in the process) - united sold him for a good reason, he's mentally constrained and he is by no means our best player - an improved player from last season, yes (but only because he's up against poorer quality

Given the chance to get fit Chungy is better than Eagles, Petrov I would also put before Eagles - the Guy has a lot to learn and doesn't seem to learn from his errors, jumps back into his Lambo, strokes his ego a bit and doesn't win many games for us. How many games has he scored in where we've won?

"Our best player all season!" Fell of my chair when I heard that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:Eagles - the Guy has a lot to learn and doesn't seem to learn from his errors, jumps back into his Lambo, strokes his ego a bit and doesn't win many games for us.
I'd hope not. He's currently serving a 12 month driving ban.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Keane is mental. Detested by the players at both Sunderland and Ipswich, and he hated them! Used to warn the youth team players at Sunderland when they got into the first team not to trip over the hair gel containers. So that would be our only goal threat dropped and sold. Angry, inconsistent, volatile, randomly dropping players for minor discipline breaches. I know folk would rather it be like a boot camp (hell, I've just read how our best player all season should have been bollocked for missing a penalty ffs) but I'd prefer somewhere in the middle. Hard work, yes, no more ping pong and cosy FIFA games, but I also think players respond better when they are inspired by a manager rather than terrified of them. It doesn't work any more anyway.

it was the manner in which he missed the penalty - Eagles lost his head at a crucial time. I also believe he is not our best player, lost count how many times he scores a goal then tries all the fancy stuff which is rarely effective - starts pouncing round the pitch with a bloated ego instead of dealing with what's happening in the game. And that, my friend, is why he f*cked up the penalty and gifted Millwall 3 points (and got his mate sacked in the process) - united sold him for a good reason, he's mentally constrained and he is by no means our best player - an improved player from last season, yes (but only because he's up against poorer quality

Given the chance to get fit Chungy is better than Eagles, Petrov I would also put before Eagles - the Guy has a lot to learn and doesn't seem to learn from his errors, jumps back into his Lambo, strokes his ego a bit and doesn't win many games for us. How many games has he scored in where we've won?

"Our best player all season!" Fell of my chair when I heard that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ermmm Eagles has easily been our best player this season. Top scorer and best performer all round.

What you've just said makes me wonder if you've watched any of this seasons games....

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:

As others have said eagles has been far and away our best player this season. He relishes playing against poorer quality defenders. My only concern with eagles is the way he appears to completely lose self belief when he's up against a decent defender as happened a number of times last year.He has the talent but I think inspite of his apparent arrogance his confidence is actually quite shallow. He's a sort of footballing Grame Hick so far IMO

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:If gartside only did things you wanted hoboh there would be no football club.
You want to read some of your own posts mate!

I'll make it simple for you, about a dozen of us were sat having a pint when Coyles replacement was brought up, one yes one fecki' person actually wanted Mad Mick, 2 really didn't want him but owt was better than Coyle, the rest said no way so hey there you go just my opinion then!
You are allowed an opinion chief. Its just to me it reads like the comments section of the Daily Mail!

Maybe Gartside will pick Mick (rhymes). What we don't want is everyone jumping on his back after 3 matches, or getting the bed sheets out.. Mick could get us promoted perhaps, and pass the reigns on if it gets beyond him...I suspect getting up is #1 desire for the pots of cash...
100% with you there. What is it with these folk who dont like British managers that consistently get teams promoted. It may well be someone else would have to come in to keep us up but McCarthy is as good a bet as any to get us there and is neither Father Dougal Maguire nor Voldemort. The priority has to be promotion and quick. It's not really the time for long term development plans or taking a chance on someone who might be a good manager.
cant believe anyone mentioning roy keane. He'll never manage again. I could only imagine his agent is trying to get his name about.

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Barefoot Wanderer wrote:Eagles - the Guy has a lot to learn and doesn't seem to learn from his errors, jumps back into his Lambo, strokes his ego a bit and doesn't win many games for us.
I'd hope not. He's currently serving a 12 month driving ban.
smart arse!