Davo not in England Squad this time

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't know what's more tragic, Davies updating his twitter about burning a pop tart instead of gearing up for tonight, or that I'm on my week off and I'm following the updates.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Athers wrote:I don't know what's more tragic, Davies updating his twitter about burning a pop tart instead of gearing up for tonight,
is she ok?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Am I the only one who is actually happy Davo isn't playing for England? He's got his cap, should have had more, but he's got something to show the grandkids when they're sat on his knee.

However, he's 33, his style of play is only going to make him more susceptible to injuries, and I don't want him injured while playing in a poxy friendly for a team that shamefully or not, I really don't care too much about…

I'd much rather see him donning the white shirt of Bolton for another few seasons than getting injured while playing for the pub team that represent the nation.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:43 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Am I the only one who is actually happy Davo isn't playing for England? He's got his cap, should have had more, but he's got something to show the grandkids when they're sat on his knee.

However, he's 33, his style of play is only going to make him more susceptible to injuries, and I don't want him injured while playing in a poxy friendly for a team that shamefully or not, I really don't care too much about…

I'd much rather see him donning the white shirt of Bolton for another few seasons than getting injured while playing for the pub team that represent the nation.

indeed - tis no bad thing to have him well rested for the weekend...

as a selfish fan - absolutely the best thing - but there is a part of me that wishes a little glory for KD the man - like, an England goal to crown a great career....

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm

thebish wrote:indeed - tis no bad thing to have him well rested for the weekend...

as a selfish fan - absolutely the best thing - but there is a part of me that wishes a little glory for KD the man - like, an England goal to crown a great career....
Lets be honest KD deserves his last cap being in his last match as a pro, smashing the ball home to win England a world cup... but we unfortunately don't get everything we deserve in life.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless