Whites vs Newcastle

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Whites vs Newcastle

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:21 pm

We do 3 things very well when we win. Keep the ball on the ground, close down quickly in midfield and move well off the ball. Simple.

I think we need the first goal - I would be interested in any stats on how scoring first affects our results. Worthy?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Very much so.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm

From the last time out v this mob
This predicted tale of two rival England centre-forwards became the story of a Swedish one after Johan Elmander scored twice and his pace led to Fabricio Coloccini being sent off. Elmander now appears to have been a shrewd investment :shock: by Bolton's former manager Gary Megson, who paid Toulouse £10m for him in June 2008. "He looks as if he's enjoying himself," was the verdict of Owen Coyle.
Coyle is hoping Elmander, a free agent next summer, will sign a new contract "I'm comfortable with the situation," :shock: Coyle said. Meanwhile, the Swede's value is rising with his goal tally.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:57 pm

tough one to call this, fingers crossed

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 pm

A Bad Geese Outfit Living Go Hoot.™
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:A Bad Geese Outfit Living Go Hoot.™
Afraid that one whooshed right over my head RSL?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:47 pm

It's my superstition, apologies for inflicting it upon you all. It's an anagram of 'I've got a good feeling about this'.

I first posted it before our 2-1 win at home to Stoke right before we went on our splendid run last year. I've posted it ever since, and I'm convinced it's helping. Convinced I tell ya!
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 pm

If we score first I think they might come back and get an equallizer. So my prediction is 1-1.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:17 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:It's my superstition, apologies for inflicting it upon you all. It's an anagram of 'I've got a good feeling about this'.

I first posted it before our 2-1 win at home to Stoke right before we went on our splendid run last year. I've posted it ever since, and I'm convinced it's helping. Convinced I tell ya!
In which case, post away good sir, post away. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:Does anyone know if Bolton fans can pay at the turnstiles for this?
Thanks for the replies :(

Once again the ticket office have let us down by not being clear on ticket info. We've booked train tickets, weeks ago, so just going to set off!

Everyone is a bit confused as to why we can't pay at the turnstiles but yet home fans can.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 pm

If you have the nous to buy train tickets, why not get match tickets, too

Instead of blaming others you could take responsibility for your own actions
Sto ut Serviam

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 pm

The earlier one buys train tickets, the cheaper they are! Therefore buying them in advance makes sense!
As for the match tickets, I just can't understand why we can't pay on the day if we haven't sold out...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:The earlier one buys train tickets, the cheaper they are! Therefore buying them in advance makes sense!
As for the match tickets, I just can't understand why we can't pay on the day if we haven't sold out...

I'll be surprised if you can't , though the BWFC site says not, they have been wrong before.

The game is not a sell out, home or away, so at worst get tickets with the home fans. I am sure you can do something at the ticket office when you get there. Maybe get a friendly Geordie to help out. Good luck.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:
sidewaysmove wrote:Does anyone know if Bolton fans can pay at the turnstiles for this?
Thanks for the replies :(

Once again the ticket office have let us down by not being clear on ticket info. We've booked train tickets, weeks ago, so just going to set off!

Everyone is a bit confused as to why we can't pay at the turnstiles but yet home fans can.
Hi Sidewaymove.

On the day that we played Wolves away I found myself leaving London earlier than I thought I would. As such, driving up the M40 I rang our ticket office to see if I could pay on the gate at Moulinex, as I was pretty much passing the place and what a wonderful unexpected opportunity.

The conversation went;

Me: Hi, can I pay on the gate at Wolves?
BWFC: We don't know yet; we're waiting on a call from their ticket office.
Me: Really? Ok, can you give me the number of the Wolves ticket office and I'll call them myself?
BWFC: Sure it's .......

Me: Hi, I'm a Bolton supporter. Can I pay on the gate today?
WWFC: We don't know yet. We're waiting on a call from BWFC to let us know how many tickets are unsold.

And that's what we're up against as football supporters. Absolute wankers who's very job it is to sort stuff as simple as buyer-meets-seller out.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:We do 3 things very well when we win. Keep the ball on the ground, close down quickly in midfield and move well off the ball. Simple.

I think we need the first goal - I would be interested in any stats on how scoring first affects our results. Worthy?
Don't think this season is much different than any other. When we score first, we have a great chance of winning - W9 D4 L1 this season. That looks pretty good, but is only 8th best in the league at the moment.

When they score first - we're screwed. W0 D4 L8. That's ranked 18th in the league - but not actually too dissimilar than many other teams - if one of the draws had been converted to a win, we'd be up to midway in the league - fine lines I guess.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:ffs who cares? does anybody ever read em anyway?
:pissed:
Some people would rather read the reports than read the crap that some members come out with on here.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:01 pm

keveh wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Some people would rather read the reports than read the crap that some members come out with on here.
To be brutally honest, Kev, that's shite.

'The crap that some members come out with on here' forms the very life of this place.

Run a poll as to how many actually read match reports on here.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 pm

keveh wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Well stop posting then
Sto ut Serviam

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:12 pm

tbf, the occasional random article can be pretty good, but the previews and reports for every match!? yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Don't think this season is much different than any other. When we score first, we have a great chance of winning - W9 D4 L1 this season. That looks pretty good, but is only 8th best in the league at the moment.

When they score first - we're screwed. W0 D4 L8. That's ranked 18th in the league - but not actually too dissimilar than many other teams - if one of the draws had been converted to a win, we'd be up to midway in the league - fine lines I guess.
The stats when we score first are more impressive than I thought.

When they score first, not so. However, if we remove games when we didn't score at all the second stat becomes W0 D4 L2. So overall when we score we are W9 D8 L3. On paper we must fancy our chances to score with the saviour up front which leads me to:

Conclusion: It's best to score if you want to get points. :wink: A groundbreaking revelation I know, but now I am more bullish than ever about tomorrow.

COYWM :pissed: