CYL injury scare ??!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CYL injury scare ??!!

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Choppers wrote:
I hate to say this, but at some point we really do have to start thinking about a future with Davies, unless we bring in someone who does the same job.
Plays every game for 90 mins, hard as nails, never gives in to injury and scores and assists. might be easier said than done in one man.
Any striker who is mobile and can score 10-15 goals a season will be an improvement on Davies. Not saying we can just pluck someone out of thin air and finding that sort of player is easy. But it's certainly not impossible like you are trying to make out!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Choppers wrote:
I hate to say this, but at some point we really do have to start thinking about a future with Davies, unless we bring in someone who does the same job.
Plays every game for 90 mins, hard as nails, never gives in to injury and scores and assists. might be easier said than done in one man.
Herein lies the problem.

We are asking too much of a 34 year old to play week in week out. We need 2 more strikers and then we can rotate personnel up top. I beleieve that Davo paces himself more and more in games these days because of the demands placed on him, hence the accusations that he is coasting at times. He still has something to offer but he can't play every game every week if we want to get the best out of him.

Big ask to get 2 strikers though.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Gutted about this. hindsight is wonderful but what were our main assets doing on show against non league cloggers? i suppose the rezponse is this could happen in training and i dont think it looks particularly malicious but t doesnt make itany easier to get over.

why.are we so unlucky with injuries? thats 4 big injuries in the sapce of 6 months? we upset some gypsies or.something?

theanswer, unfortu.ately for eddie.davies, is replace him properly...and im talking shaunwright phillips not chris eagleas. If we dont open our walllett soon we wil be heading the.way of the chamlionship. quick.forward to play with Klasnic and at least one winger now absolutely essential.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Choppers wrote:
Herein lies the problem.

We are asking too much of a 34 year old to play week in week out. We need 2 more strikers and then we can rotate personnel up top. I beleieve that Davo paces himself more and more in games these days because of the demands placed on him, hence the accusations that he is coasting at times. He still has something to offer but he can't play every game every week if we want to get the best out of him.

Big ask to get 2 strikers though.
Coyle has pretty much said we will be relying on loanees... and - that is more likely to happen towards the end of the window which (remember) is further off than the start of the season...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Gutted about this. hindsight is wonderful but what were our main assets doing on show against non league cloggers? i suppose the rezponse is this could happen in training and i dont think it looks particularly malicious but t doesnt make itany easier to get over.

why.are we so unlucky with injuries? thats 4 big injuries in the sapce of 6 months? we upset some gypsies or.something?

theanswer, unfortu.ately for eddie.davies, is replace him properly...and im talking shaunwright phillips not chris eagleas. If we dont open our walllett soon we wil be heading the.way of the chamlionship. quick.forward to play with Klasnic and at least one winger now absolutely essential.
which is all well and good - except it is not OUR wallet to open - it's Edddie's!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Gutted about this. hindsight is wonderful but what were our main assets doing on show against non league cloggers? i suppose the rezponse is this could happen in training and i dont think it looks particularly malicious but t doesnt make itany easier to get over.

Striker and striker who can play out right would be ideal.

PS did you recently buy a phone from Bobo?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Wandering Willy wrote: PS did you recently buy a phone from Bobo?
:lol:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Its new last weekend! my fingers are too fat!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Shocking decision by OC to play a friendly against a team of cloggers who want to prove a point against premier league players

And no one should kid themselves that OC hasn't got any say on friendlies, I have no issue with playing Newport but he should
have played the reserves not the 1st team.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Give over, that sort of shit could have happened at training - just an accident.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 pm

Its only my opinion - but I'm sure in training no one would have have lunged in like that

I just can't see what the club can gain playing the 1st team against Newport County.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Right.

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE CALM THE F*CK DOWN

One of our players is injured. This has happened before.

And The Daily Mail has made a fortune from printing made up bollox.

Are we clear?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Yes.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Choppers wrote:
He is also 34, and get's absolutely nothing from referees, quite often breaking down good attacking play by "fowling" opponents.* He's also getting slower which means his lunging tackles are going to get more and more yellow cards (it's great he defends from the front, don't get me wrong) as he gets older still.

He won't be around forever, and we need to get someone younger to start bedding in now imho. I'm not saying dump him, I just think that we need to stop relying on him as our main striker sooner rather than later.

*I don't agree that they are fouls, none of us do, but what we think doesn't matter - that's the way the game is these days.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Its only my opinion - but I'm sure in training no one would have have lunged in like that

I just can't see what the club can gain playing the 1st team against Newport County.
I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but if I agree with you I'd have to move the armchair out of it's happy bubble.

Hopefully we've learned a lesson.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Right.

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE CALM THE F*CK DOWN

One of our players is injured. This has happened before.

And The Daily Mail has made a fortune from printing made up bollox.

Are we clear?
Amazing, I'm going to have to agree with an LK post in the trotters forum. Perhaps the world is ending.... :lol:
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Lot of fannies on here would make good Arsenal fans

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Lot of fannies on here would make good Arsenal fans
I think most people have been quite measured? No-one seems to be having a go at the lad who did it...it is one of those things, Chungy was far too quick for him, as you would expect for an international class winger and a non league defender.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Its good that you notice that about yourself. Well done :mrgreen:
Pfffft.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:49 pm

... LL: "such a shame that a proper footballer is snapped in two by some no-mark thug." :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"