No time to make crap puns - Bolton v Newcastle, 26 Dec

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: No time to make crap puns - Bolton v Newcastle, 26 Dec

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:34 pm

A good read

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/540273039?-11201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:14 pm

this has the potential to be a cracking match. Should be a big crowd on and im expecting a large and mainly intoxicated following from Newcastle.

Big game so COYWM!
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:49 am

scotty wrote:this has the potential to be a cracking match. Should be a big crowd on and im expecting a large and mainly intoxicated following from Newcastle.

Big game so COYWM!
I'm rather hoping for a large and mainly intoxicated following from the Worthy household.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:07 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:They have MUCH better players than us in practically every position.Central midfield with Cabaye and Tiote particularly worries me. I'd like to get three in there. Full back less of a problem position for us in this game. As an aside does OC watch other teams at all? you always see Moyes Redknapp et al at the games involving teams they are due against.
Nevertheless
3-2 Bolton.... somehow.
You think so? Newcastle have 2 very good wingers in Obertan and Gutierrez, i can see them changing wings during the match to give Robbo a battering because of there pace and skill. I think we will be fine in central midfield Cabaye is a very good player but Tiote is well over rated so i'm sure Reo Coker, M. Davies and Muamba will cope well with them.
Where have our 3 midfielders to combat their 2 come from?

If you think Davies is coming into the middle while you reckon they have two good wingers, its back to FM2007 for you
Well M. Davies does come in the middle during games, he doesn't always stay on the right for the full 90mins. Try taking note when watching our games. There two wingers are a threat i don't give a shit what you say, they wouldn't be flying high at the top end of the league if they hadn't contributed in anyway to there team's performances :crazy:
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Two very good wingers? Obertan and Gutierrez? Wow.
Why do you not think so?

Obertan has a weird alien-shaped head. And is shit. Gutierrez runs around aimlessly a lot, and is shit.
We will see how shit they are tomorrow :wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:They have MUCH better players than us in practically every position.Central midfield with Cabaye and Tiote particularly worries me. I'd like to get three in there. Full back less of a problem position for us in this game. As an aside does OC watch other teams at all? you always see Moyes Redknapp et al at the games involving teams they are due against.
Nevertheless
3-2 Bolton.... somehow.
You think so? Newcastle have 2 very good wingers in Obertan and Gutierrez, i can see them changing wings during the match to give Robbo a battering because of there pace and skill. I think we will be fine in central midfield Cabaye is a very good player but Tiote is well over rated so i'm sure Reo Coker, M. Davies and Muamba will cope well with them.

If you think Davies is coming into the middle while you reckon they have two good wingers, its back to FM2007 for you
Well M. Davies does come in the middle during games, he doesn't always stay on the right for the full 90mins. Try taking note when watching our games. There two wingers are a threat i don't give a shit what you say, they wouldn't be flying high at the top end of the league if they hadn't contributed in anyway to there team's performances :crazy:
Look, you cretin, I haven't said they're not good

What I have said is that we haven't got 3 midfielders to combat their central 2, unless Davies neglects his defensive duties, thus leaving us vulnerable to these 'cracking wingers' - your stated view, I do believe

Back to your sim, I reckon
Sto ut Serviam

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:29 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Nevertheless
3-2 Bolton.... somehow.

Look, you cretin, I haven't said they're not good

What I have said is that we haven't got 3 midfielders to combat their central 2, unless Davies neglects his defensive duties, thus leaving us vulnerable to these 'cracking wingers' - your stated view, I do believe

Back to your sim, I reckon
I would love you to call me a cretin to my face, M. Davies will neglect his defensive duties during the game if Reo Coker and Muamba can't cope but as long has steinsson pushes up on the right from time to time like tue then we should be ok, but i'm hoping we give them more to think about.

I have a UEFA C Badge so do know abit about coaching, you buy me FM and i'll play it.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:01 pm

UEFA C

Well, I'm amazed

Truly amazed

Is that an award you've just invented for yourself, seeing as how it doesn't exist
Sto ut Serviam

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:32 pm

For feck's sake, chaps, it's Christmas. give it a rest.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Christmas, really?
Sto ut Serviam

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Can someone confirm kick off time? Pretty sure it's 3 but want to make sure it's not a dinner time kickoff :)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:00 pm

ChrisC wrote:Can someone confirm kick off time? Pretty sure it's 3 but want to make sure it's not a dinner time kickoff :)
It's a 3pm kick off.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Can someone confirm kick off time? Pretty sure it's 3 but want to make sure it's not a dinner time kickoff :)
It's a 3pm kick off.
Thanks mate.. Much appreciated :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:44 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:UEFA C

Well, I'm amazed

Truly amazed

Is that an award you've just invented for yourself, seeing as how it doesn't exist
:D.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:01 am

Obertan is shite, like, but he runs fast. Robbo won't like that.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:22 am

jmjhb wrote:Obertan is shite, like, but he runs fast. Robbo won't like that.
It is just so unfair how other teams put fast runners on that side of the field. I'm sure they do it on purpose.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:13 am

A huge game.The next two give us a rare chance to get some positive momentum which we've completely failed to do so far this season.There wont be a better opportunity to give outselves a chance to stay up. Given the fixtures next month I think if we blow these two then by januarys end we may be too far gone

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:18 pm

The usual: COME ON YOU WHITES and a healthy dose of hope. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:08 pm

BWFC: Jaaskelainen, Robinson, Boyata, Knight, Cahill, M Davies, Muamba, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Klasnic, Ngog

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:09 pm

BWFC Subs: Bogdan, Eagles, Tuncay, K Davies, Ricketts, Pratley, Wheater