Reading

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Reading

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:07 am

You're right to urge caution ... but it us nice to see Odelusi score two very giid giaks.

Hall us a different matter though, I think. We mustn't get carried away but he looks very capable of claiming regular starts or at worst regular matches from the bench this season.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 am

bobo the clown wrote:You're right to urge caution ... but it us nice to see Odelusi score two very giid giaks.
May he score many more giaks for us, whether they'd giid or just rebiund iff his ekbiw :D

Seriously, I agree. Wouldn't throw in Odelusi but Hall's ready - why, DF himself picked him as a starter for last season's final game, and the boy's only improved since. Haven't seen enough to know if his tracking back would suit Dougie's needs, but he's certainly carried a threat to the oppoes.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:42 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:You're right to urge caution ... but it us nice to see Odelusi score two very giid giaks.
May he score many more giaks for us, whether they'd giid or just rebiund iff his ekbiw :D

Seriously, I agree. Wouldn't throw in Odelusi but Hall's ready - why, DF himself picked him as a starter for last season's final game, and the boy's only improved since. Haven't seen enough to know if his tracking back would suit Dougie's needs, but he's certainly carried a threat to the oppoes.
Viry giid.

Hall does seem to track back and see defensive duties as part of his job, so should meet the Dougie test.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Viry giid.

Hall does seem to track back and see defensive duties as part of his job, so should meet the Dougie test.
according to Odelusi's interview - it was God that picked him... either he's very religious - or he has a very high opinion of Dougie...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:07 am

Nice to see a young professional footballer use the word respect and sound sincere at the same time.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:12 am

He also said he was a winger and no longer a forward, which clears an argument up on the Shrewsbury thread :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:20 am

So to sum up: he's operating as a winger on a prayer :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 am

ChrisC wrote:He also said he was a winger and no longer a forward, which clears an argument up on the Shrewsbury thread :)
He may not be ready as a first choice player, but he looks good enough as a back-up which means we can concentrate on Spearing + centre back/left back.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am

freeindeed wrote:
ChrisC wrote:He also said he was a winger and no longer a forward, which clears an argument up on the Shrewsbury thread :)
He may not be ready as a first choice player, but he looks good enough as a back-up which means we can concentrate on Spearing + centre back/left back.
I will go along with this once he has proved himself against better teams than Shrewsbury.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Eagles 'doubtful' according to yon Douglas.

Be reet.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:So to sum up: he's operating as a winger on a prayer :D
:D

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 pm

BTW I have just been told that the official Reading coach club are only taking 1 coach to the Reebok on Saturday cant see many being in attendance in the away end and I doubt we will come close to selling out the home end, think attendances may be down this season.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Out of interest how does this e ticket thing work do you buy the ticket then pick it up at the ground.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Out of interest how does this e ticket thing work do you buy the ticket then pick it up at the ground.
Don't you print at home and that is your match ticket?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm

So you cant order them online and then pick them up at the Bok.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Not sure, but why would you want to queue up when you can print them at home? :conf:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:24 pm

No printer...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:No printer...
Good point, well made!

Wouldn't someone from here print them for you if you forwarded the email?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm

May have to do that as I am not sure you can pay cash even if you book the tickets in advance through the club.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Sports Mole

Preview

Bolton Wanderers and Reading meet for the first time in five-and-a-half years on Saturday.

Back in February 2008 both were in the Premier League and it was Bolton who won 2-0 thanks to goals from Kevin Nolan and Heidar Helguson. Now in the Championship, both are harbouring ambitions of a return to the top flight.

They both came from behind to avoid defeat on the opening day last weekend as Bolton drew with Burnley and Reading turned it around against Ipswich.

Bolton have since been in action in the Capital One Cup, winning 3-1 away at Shrewsbury. Reading received a bye for the opening round of the competition.

After making a number of changes for the trip to Shrewsbury, Freedman is likely to return to the XI that started against Burnley, while Adkins also has no new injury concerns.

Recent form

Bolton: DW

Reading: W

Possible starting lineups:

Bolton: Bogdan; Baptiste, Knight, Wheater, Tierney; Andrews, Medo, Eagles, Pratley, Chung-Yong; Beckford

Reading: McCarthy; Gunter, Morrison, Pearce, Bridge; McCleary, Karacan, Guthrie, Robson-Kanu; Drenthe; Le Fondre

Sports Mole says: 1-1
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum