(QP)R We Gonna Pick Up Our First Win Of The Season?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: (QP)R We Gonna Pick Up Our First Win Of The Season?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 pm

thebish wrote:
Norpig wrote:It looks as though Ngog and Eagles will not make the starting line up for this weekend
:roll: what the feckity-feck is wrong with Ngog now!!!!!
Still ill.

To be fair if it was something viral and it only happened last Friday as Freedman said if could well be that he's not trained this week at all.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Dougie on the game and injuries. Doesn't sound that hopeful.

http://t.co/YJj1heCKy4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Some of you are high. Chroist.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:35 pm

thebish wrote:
Norpig wrote:It looks as though Ngog and Eagles will not make the starting line up for this weekend
He just spotted his last sick note had run out, so he went to get a new one.

HR sould be having a look into this.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:23 pm

He's done more back to work interviews than scored goals.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Still ill.

To be fair if it was something viral and it only happened last Friday as Freedman said if could well be that he's not trained this week at all.
i can hear it now - two weeks time... "Ngog had summat viral - and it takes a good two months to fully recover from that... he's not yet at peak fitness levels..." etc..

(btw dougie says that both eagles and Ngog have been involved in training this week)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:44 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Still ill.

i can hear it now - two weeks time... "Ngog had summat viral - and it takes a good two months to fully recover from that... he's not yet at peak fitness levels..." etc..

(btw dougie says that both eagles and Ngog have been involved in training this week)
In that video does he not say they haven't trained?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Still ill.

In that video does he not say they haven't trained?
what video?? :conf:

in the link that Norpig posted Dougie says this:
Both players were involved in light training throughout the week, with the manager confirming he will reassess the situation after Friday’s training session.

“David has done a little bit of running today (Thursday) and we’ll see how he feels throughout the course of tomorrow.” the manager said. “We need to make sure he is fully hydrated and ready to go if things are okay in the run up to the game.

“Chris Eagles has done some very light work today. At this moment we’re looking at a 50-50 chance.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Apart from the bad news about Ngog and Eagles that was a really good interview to hear. Showing the opposition respect without overdoing it... did everyone hear at the end he actually mentioned formation and strategy?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Apart from the bad news about Ngog and Eagles that was a really good interview to hear. Showing the opposition respect without overdoing it... did everyone hear at the end he actually mentioned formation and strategy?
Somewhat ironically, given that we were crying out for these attributes under Coyle, they may well be overdone and causing us problems. Seems to me that people are so well drilled on holding formation and sticking to their particular job, that there is a lack of adventure and flexibility that it makes players static and reluctant to move into space and take a risk. hence teams are running rings around us and we are shit to watch.
I hope that now he's emphasised specific roles to players that Dougie will now encourage them to throw the shackles off occasionally and play some football.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:42 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Apart from the bad news about Ngog and Eagles that was a really good interview to hear. Showing the opposition respect without overdoing it... did everyone hear at the end he actually mentioned formation and strategy?
Yeah, but where is the structure? He didn't mention that :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 am

thebish wrote:
what video?? :conf:

in the link that Norpig posted Dougie says this:
Both players were involved in light training throughout the week, with the manager confirming he will reassess the situation after Friday’s training session.

“David has done a little bit of running today (Thursday) and we’ll see how he feels throughout the course of tomorrow.” the manager said. “We need to make sure he is fully hydrated and ready to go if things are okay in the run up to the game.

“Chris Eagles has done some very light work today. At this moment we’re looking at a 50-50 chance.
This video.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:15 am

before i watch that - are you saying that in it Dougie says Ngog has done no training at all this week?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 am

thebish wrote:before i watch that - are you saying that in it Dougie says Ngog has done no training at all this week?
Can't remember Bish to be honest. I'm at work. But I thought he said he hadn't. But you'll have to watch it through I'm afraid.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:before i watch that - are you saying that in it Dougie says Ngog has done no training at all this week?
Can't remember Bish to be honest. I'm at work. But I thought he said he hadn't. But you'll have to watch it through I'm afraid.
what??? you scamp!!! you challenged my recounting of Dougie's quotes about Ngog training this week with reference to a video, and you can't remember if Dougie even mentioned Ngog training on said video!!! that is scampishness of the highest degree! I'm proper shocked! :shock: (see - that's how shocked I am)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
When's that ever hampered you?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
what??? you scamp!!! you challenged my recounting of Dougie's quotes about Ngog training this week with reference to a video, and you can't remember if Dougie even mentioned Ngog training on said video!!! that is scampishness of the highest degree! I'm proper shocked! :shock: (see - that's how shocked I am)
I didn't challenge you. I asked you. Because I couldn't remember! I thought when I'd watched it earlier he had, but couldn't remember.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 am

Bit worried about Eagles. He was supposed to be 50/50 for both the reading and forest games.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:46 am

Predicted team without Eagles/Ngog

Bodgan; Baptiste, Knight, Wheater, Tierney; Lee, Spearing, Medo, Hall; Beckford, Davies

I do think that Eagles will find a way to be fit, if so he'll be in, Davies out.

One thing, doing that team made me aware of how short in numbers we are going forward. Potentially Ngog, Eagles, M.Davies and Holden would be starting XI players, maybe Moritz too when fit.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:03 am

mrkint wrote:Bit worried about Eagles. He was supposed to be 50/50 for both the reading and forest games.
aye - i thought i remembered that... you assume (when you hear that) that if they don't play, they were at least very close to being able to play... a week later, you expect them to be fit..