Forest match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Forest match thread

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Lonergan, Baptiste, Mills, Knight, Ream, Spearing, Danns, M Davies, Lee, Ngog, Beckford
Subs: Lee-Barrett, Moritz, Medo, Pratley, White, Eagles, Bolger

So two strikers, one winger, many options

Sweep: Moritz on after 68 minutes

double-bluffy-double-think - bamboozle the opposition! blather on about not playing 4-4-2 - and then pick n'gog and beckford together! 8)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Ah but pre-season he was bigging up Ngog as the linkman, the No.10, the trequartista, the fantasista, the dog's knees, the bee's bollocks.

So it could be Ngog behind Beckford, between CYL and probably Danns, with Spearing and Mavies holding

Alternatively it could be Ngog behind Beckford, between CYL and Mavies, with Spearing and Danns holding

Or Mavies behind Beckford, between Ngog and CYL, with Spearing and Danns holding

Or it could be 4-4-2 with Danns or Mavies wide

Or it could be any and all of these things as required in a rotating whirligig of brilliance

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm

bobo the clown wrote:.... I'd mind less if he was telling us all this from a position of strength. 2 home league wins since April sort of reduces his ability to turn to the fans and say "people who know football" ... as does the frequency with which he stands his ground so strongly and minutes later does precisely the thing he was criticising.

I suppose I've just lost it with him.
He's a weird fecker.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:32 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Which if he does do, it means he's dropping N'gog. The man who's scored in the last two games.

Still, Dougie knows best.

or maybe not! who knows!!! 8)

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:33 pm

thebish wrote:nahh - today's the day it clicks!
Unlike GG's camera.

I've a feeling it'll finish :hang: - :roll: today.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 pm

I think this would be our best formation. IMO Its a more natural shape for the players we have. Ngog and Beckford could form a good partnership. We keep a five in midfield, and it's not even light at the back because when defending danns and kamara become full backs for a back five. We also have an out ball in ngog for when we ultimately revert to hoofing it clear. Just lacks attacking width but we dont play well out wide anyway. CYL and Eagles have been disappointing. Could put eagles up front for Beckford as a sub.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:06 pm

While I admire your thinking and reckon that back three could work, wingbacks re the key to a back three/five... and I don't think Medo is one.

snowbowl
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by snowbowl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Spartan2 wrote:Image

I think this would be our best formation. IMO Its a more natural shape for the players we have. Ngog and Beckford could form a good partnership. We keep a five in midfield, and it's not even light at the back because when defending danns and kamara become full backs for a back five. We also have an out ball in ngog for when we ultimately revert to hoofing it clear. Just lacks attacking width but we dont play well out wide anyway. CYL and Eagles have been disappointing. Could put eagles up front for Beckford as a sub.
Kamara on the left? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Well, we're away and the word "positive " has been used. Dans giving it away and here they come, but it ends in a throw in Now we have a sally and then it all ends in a goal kick to us. We lose the ball and Lansbury shows interest and....it's that Bolton favourite Andy Reid who lashes one wide. We go but they recover it and have a free in their half..and Knight deals with the problem. Chungy starts us off and....the keeper has to make a good save from Mark Davies...and now we go again and Davies, Danns, Baptiste all figure before they clear. We come back and.....get a corner. Spearing and......Mills half wins it before a bit of scrambling leads to their keeper grabbing it. Good start is the cry.....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Baptiste shows a bit of good play before we move at em again but the ball just goes out. Beckford gives a way a free kick and...Chungy and Spearing clear before Danns show well. Now the Foresters charge and...Lonergan saves one then Baptiste knocks on out for a throw. Mills heads clear but they grab it and then Beckford has a dab. Beckford again and he wins a free kick. "Bolton players look up for it" says the man and Spearing tries one. Baptiste gives a corner away after a Forest break. Lansbury, out to the wing and Lonergan has to make a real good one handed save. Now Beckford and N'gog try a break and it sonds vry end to end stuff so far.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Aye, it sounds end-to-end on Twitter

Cue "we can't defend, stiffen the midfield"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Dowie on Sky: "Decent start... Two great Lonergan saves... how he gets to that [second one] I don't know"... also mentions good save up the other end from MD's shot

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Lonergan fires a free kick straight out for a throw. Now we have a free and Baptiste...cleared and they look to break. Now Spearing moves it but they gety it back and come again. Bit of possession and the commentator reckons Davies and Danns need to sort their roles out. A specualtive effort from them gives us a goalkick. Now Lansbury figures before we get it back. And.....N'gog wins a corner after a good pass from Danns. And......Spearing and......it's headed clear for Mark Davies to recover it. Chungy goes down in the box but the ref says no thanks. Another free us and...cleared and hoofed back to Lonergan. Now long and headed clear again by Forest. Man reckons they have too much time on the ball and.....Mills clears and N'gog has hard luck. They come and....Lonergan grabs it and throws out. Pas, pass, Spearing.....Davies and.....Oh, Davies snd Ream set N'gog up for a close attempt that could have been better...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Lonergan hammers one that's headed ut for a throw. Now Danns, N'gog and...away. Knight's down, Dougie has a scowl at the ref and.....Knight visibly shaken says the man. He returns and Baptiste, Danns and.....it ends in a goal kick but Danns gets the good words. Throw them and (whisper) Bolton have been the better team! says the voice. And now Knight clears a good one before Beckford back-heels one for Chungy and its.....not a goal. Offside? Forest have a dab but we clear and all the words are good so far. Beckford's down and getting treatment....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:31 pm

It's about time Chungy scored a frigging goal too. Near miss from him again there.

Come on!
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Twitter has Lee putting that chance in the side netting. Beckford injures himself in the process so our second best goal hope Moritz is on instead.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Twitter has Lee putting that chance in the side netting. Beckford injures himself in the process so our second best goal hope Moritz is on instead.
I wonder what the shape is now then.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Bolton have had the better opportunities, our man claims. Thirty gone and....Beckford's off for Moritz. Must be a injury because Beckford sounds to have been doing well. Chungy and.....oh, it's deflected on to the roof from N'gog. Danns fires one wide for the box edge. Hope this doesnt change the plan. Mark Davis makes a great block and.......a handball at their end goes without challenge. Should have been a pen the man says. Now we go again and Moritz figures before they clear. Now Lonergan clears and Knight is getting the good comments. Now Danns but they get the ball and...have a dabble.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Twitter has Lee putting that chance in the side netting. Beckford injures himself in the process so our second best goal hope Moritz is on instead.
I wonder what the shape is now then.
Three-pointed, hopefully...

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Whats the score with Hall, is he injured? hes not in the squad.

Has he had a fall out with DF? as i think hes a great player, and its quite frustrating not seeing him get much game time