Stung bu Hornets - Watford (H) 22/2/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Stung bu Hornets - Watford (H) 22/2/14

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:34 pm

One of Spearing or Medo .... (I'd prefer Medo, but as Spearing's captain it's clear who it would be) .... allowing Danns in there to link play. It's at home ffs, against a mid-table team. You'd think we were playing Citeh.

Oh ... & 3 wingers, all on the bench, while looking for 2 non-wingers to offer the width.

Tricky.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:38 pm

We have no divine right to own the ball. I have no idea whether Watford play five in midfield, for instance.

I see your point about Danns in there. I think we could do that and play a proper winger. But I think it's more important to play two strikers than to drop Spearing or Medo.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Juke and Mason start
Feckin'ell.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Juke and Mason start
Feckin'ell.
Will Mason be in goal?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:57 pm

5-0 to the whites. Juke and Bogdan.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Two big lads in the middle, no wingers. Must be part of the new plan. Anyway, all we can do is hope and keep the indigestion tablets handy. Off we go then...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Two big lads in the middle, no wingers. Must be part of the new plan. Anyway, all we can do is hope and keep the indigestion tablets handy. Off we go then...
Mason is very far from a Big Lad In The Middle, TD. That's where we went wrong last time...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:We have no divine right to own the ball. I have no idea whether Watford play five in midfield, for instance.

I see your point about Danns in there. I think we could do that and play a proper winger. But I think it's more important to play two strikers than to drop Spearing or Medo.
Problem for me is S&M generally trip over each other and render each other obsolete. I can't recall a single game where they've worked well together. Add in 2 non wingers and you've a lot of people in each other's way, though Danns seems OK there.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Barnsley 1-0 Millwall

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I see your point about Danns in there. I think we could do that and play a proper winger. But I think it's more important to play two strikers than to drop Spearing or Medo.
Problem for me is S&M generally trip over each other and render each other obsolete. I can't recall a single game where they've worked well together. Add in 2 non wingers and you've a lot of people in each other's way, though Danns seems OK there.
You may well be right, AT. Here's hoping that not having another central midfielder in front of them will give them more room to take it in turns getting forward.

Unless Mason plays in the No.10 role some folk see as his best...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:08 pm

The sun is shinging? Not in Farnworth it ain't. Sky's black as a coal baggers flat cap. Watford in maroon as Mason and Lukas have a dabble. Bit of action before Prats gives a way a free kick. Throw then Lukas gets whacked in the back. Nowt, of course for that. First "whack it up to Joe" goes to us and then ..we do. Mason getting mentioned and......a bit of twitch before Almunia clears. Mark Davies has a sally....cleared.Visitors have a peak at us and play keep-ball before M.D gives them another free kick. We haven't scored yet and they have a corner from a just wide. And....goal kick.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:08 pm

I can't recall a single game where they've worked well together. Add in 2 non wingers and you've a lot of people in each other's way, though Danns seems OK there.
Maybe that's the plan? Hard to get through a pile-up...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I see your point about Danns in there. I think we could do that and play a proper winger. But I think it's more important to play two strikers than to drop Spearing or Medo.
You may well be right, AT. Here's hoping that not having another central midfielder in front of them will give them more room to take it in turns getting forward.

Unless Mason plays in the No.10 role some folk see as his best...
It would be nice to the think we'd have a winger to get crosses on to the big lad's head and the midfield to play in the little un.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Couple of chances for Bolton there.

Both fecking wasted like but chances nonetheless. Keep it up....
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 pm

cecil.bob wrote:
I can't recall a single game where they've worked well together. Add in 2 non wingers and you've a lot of people in each other's way, though Danns seems OK there.
Maybe that's the plan? Hard to get through a pile-up...
You'd need a couple dozen trucks piled up allow for our defence :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Free kick us and....cleared. In again and a bit of Barca that produces ...nowt. Lukas gets done for a free kick after a bit of...... Free kick us again and....Kamara and.....some bad passes gives it away. Now Prats and.....ohhhhh Almunia makes a great save from Mason. Corner and....Joe puts it over the top. Commentators saying we should have scored there. Spearing fouls and they have a free thirty out. And.....and.....Bogdan collects.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You may well be right, AT. Here's hoping that not having another central midfielder in front of them will give them more room to take it in turns getting forward. Unless Mason plays in the No.10 role some folk see as his best...
It would be nice to the think we'd have a winger to get crosses on to the big lad's head and the midfield to play in the little un.
Apart from long balls out of defence, crosses are the best way to turn over possession. Mind you, Moyes likes 'em :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Couple of chances for Watford there.

Both fecking saved like but chances nonetheless. Tighten it up....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Pratley's just floored the ref. :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:18 pm

M.D does well but they clear. And Ream gives it away and.....Baptiste beaten and Bogdan has to save before Ream knocks it out for a corner. And.....Bogdan punches and.....Mason and......ohhh tackled and loses out but did well there. Three chances we've had so far and now Watford visit but we recover and.....Mason and.....ohhhhh, he rounded the keeper and got last ditch tackled and......another chance goes begging. This sounds positive.....