The Macron Stadium

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Macron Stadium

Post by thebish » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Tango: "Middle class and upper class, in the main, are usually attained by working harder and better than others." Really? I'd say that, particularly in this country, class barriers are about a bit more than working hard or smart. I've no doubt that getting a bead on or having a brainstorm can increase your income, but surely the class system isn't purely fiscal, or the multimillionaire Liam Gallagher would regard some of the royals as infra dig.

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it" - David Lee Roth
I always thought that the very LAST thing that defines "Upper Class" in this country would be "working hard"...

surely - Upper Class in this country is mostly about the family you are born into - "breeding" as they say - and inhertance - it's absolutely NOT about working hard...

what was it the Tory Toffs (recorded in Alan Clark's diaries?) said about heseltine?? though he was stinking rich - they protested that he had no class because he bought his own furniture??

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:08 pm

thebish wrote: what was it the Tory Toffs (recorded in Alan Clark's diaries?) said about heseltine?? though he was stinking rich - they protested that he had no class because he bought his own furniture??
It was Clarke himself that dismissed Heseltine's success (but lack of breeding) with that particular put-down. "The trouble with Michael is that he had to buy all his furniture".

I'm with you on this as it happens, Bish. A mate of mine sold his business off and retired at forty - lives in a hall and drives an Italian sports car. It has no meaning in terms of class - he's still from Oldhams Estate.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I take your point D.S.B, but it's an arguable one: I want to contest it but here isn't the place. I'll open a thread on Banter. Gird you loins... :D
Years since I've had time to go there, TD - too busy working hard :D - but enjoy the debate mate

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Have you seen that they're flogging off the dugout chairs, by the way? I love to get one and convert it into an office chair but it all looks to be getting a little pricey. :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141329069970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:54 pm

(insert joke about management)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:07 pm

I think the fact that they are "Doug-Out" chairs is quite enough.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Have you seen that they're flogging off the dugout chairs, by the way? I love to get one and convert it into an office chair but it all looks to be getting a little pricey. :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141329069970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bought one of these last night, and picked up today ... most of them were in decent condition. Very snug though ... Big Sam must have had one custom-made.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:53 pm

jonnybwfc wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Have you seen that they're flogging off the dugout chairs, by the way? I love to get one and convert it into an office chair but it all looks to be getting a little pricey. :?

Bought one of these last night, and picked up today ... most of them were in decent condition. Very snug though ... Big Sam must have had one custom-made.
Saw that they were drawing over £400 and as much as I'd have liked to it just seemed a bit OTT, especially as after converting it to a an office chair would've possibly doubled that. Your comment re them being a bit snug has consoled me though, Jonny. Expensive bullet dodged perhaps. ;)

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Now that we have the Macron, what happens to the Reebok rebels? Macron Mingers?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Bruno3 wrote:Now that we have the Macron, what happens to the Reebok rebels?
They're up for auction I believe.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Maybe you get one free with each dugout chair?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Just been up to The Bok to sort out the seating arrangements for this coming season. By the blithering crin. In the ESL what they've done to take out the Reebok sign and incorporate Macron's logo isn't to buy new seats, but to shufty about the existing seats instead. As such, seat numbers are currently all over the shop. I do hope that they rectify this before our first home game as there's going to be all sorts of rumpuses going on otherwise.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just been up to The Bok to sort out the seating arrangements for this coming season. By the blithering crin. In the ESL what they've done to take out the Reebok sign and incorporate Macron's logo isn't to buy new seats, but to shufty about the existing seats instead. As such, seat numbers are currently all over the shop. I do hope that they rectify this before our first home game as there's going to be all sorts of rumpuses going on otherwise.
So a big shout of "all run round" and see where you land then ?

I'll know mine ... it has a label off a Greenhalgh's "Potato & Meat" (sic) Pie stuck on it.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just been up to The Bok to sort out the seating arrangements for this coming season. By the blithering crin. In the ESL what they've done to take out the Reebok sign and incorporate Macron's logo isn't to buy new seats, but to shufty about the existing seats instead. As such, seat numbers are currently all over the shop. I do hope that they rectify this before our first home game as there's going to be all sorts of rumpuses going on otherwise.

I'll know mine ... it has a label off a Greenhalgh's "Potato & Meat" (sic) Pie stuck on it.
The Ron?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 am

William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

The Ron?
Ah, I wondered what the filling was...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:40 pm

The away kit remains a mystery, nothing on the club shop site.

Rumoured to be red.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:40 pm

I'm not really a fan of football shirts that're red.
Businesswoman of the year.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 am

Hope not, but who knows. Macron have turned out some lovely kits this year so I'm looking forward to it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:00 am

CrazyHorse wrote:I'm not really a fan of football shirts that're red.
I dunno, it helps the booing come more easily.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:03 am

Prufrock wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:I'm not really a fan of football shirts that're red.
I dunno, it helps the booing come more easily.
Maybe we should wear our away shirts at home then...