TKIZ!'s Scouting book for Boys (& ladies) of The Wanderer

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: TKIZ!'s Scouting book for Boys (& ladies) of The Wandere

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Job 3: tell Marc Iles you're on the verge of signing a striker, wait until he goes public, then bring in a 'keeper instead.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Until we get the embargo lifted this isn't even speculation. It's barely even wishful thinking. Plus, let's just remember ... we're in the 3rd Division and still more or less boracic.
Jeez, almost wondered if I'd accidentally a logged in as Bobo then.... :wink:

If the embargo gets lifted it must mean that there is at least sufficient finance to manage a few loans or frees.

Parky will sort it, somehow.....
I'm not sure that's actually true.

It would certainly mean we'd filed the Accounts and shown we were capable of meeting our bills for the next 6/12 months. It wouldn't necessarily mean there was a pot of money for transfers. :-)
I believe if the FL consider that there is concern that we couldn't afford deals or that we are close to the FFP ceiling they would likely put us under an embargo whereby they say we can sign players on an 'approval only basis'.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Nearly correct. It isn't FFP in League(s) 1 & 2, it SCMP. That particular thing you're on about applies to any Club, not just us. If you get to 55% of Rev, they start looking more closely (even though you're allowed to be at 60%).

So as I said, we could be out of embargo, which doesn't necessarily mean we have a pot for transfers (or necessarily able to spend) - 59% of Revenue I think would be such a scenario. E.g. Rev = £9m; max salary £5.4m, we declare £5.3m - you're at 99% of max...theoretically you're not on embargo, but couldn't afford to sign Darren Pratley...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Nearly correct. It isn't FFP in League(s) 1 & 2, it SCMP. That particular thing you're on about applies to any Club, not just us. If you get to 55% of Rev, they start looking more closely (even though you're allowed to be at 60%).

So as I said, we could be out of embargo, which doesn't necessarily mean we have a pot for transfers (or necessarily able to spend) - 59% of Revenue I think would be such a scenario. E.g. Rev = £9m; max salary £5.4m, we declare £5.3m - you're at 99% of max...theoretically you're not on embargo, but couldn't afford to sign Darren Pratley...
Our embargo is two fold, one failure to comply with FFP rules due to no submission of accounts. Once we lift that there is still an embargo as part of the takeover monitoring.

The second part is where we have to convince the football league sufficient funds are in place. My understanding is that part of that is showing either headroom in the wage bill or agreeing to a formalised, one in one out, set of deals.

My point is that if the FL look at our projections and don't believe we can afford transfers at all, as part of their monitoring they will or should, keep us under embargo...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:36 pm

We have an embargo and have had one since before takeover. That was to do with us not submitting Accounts, which meant we couldn't comply with FFP as we couldn't complete the FFP Return.

I've not read anything anywhere that there is then an embargo in relation to the takeover monitoring. Clearly there could be, if we can't get to <60% of wage bill Vs Revenue, but I don't know if anyone outside of the Club's FD understands whether that's likely or not. If we can't get to that number then you're correct there would still be an embargo.

Where is the information saying if we manage to clear the first point, we're still under embargo on the second point?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Having just got new owners, signed a new manager on a two year contract and are talking about building a new squad, I'd think everything to do with finance and abiding by F.F.P rules etc has been sorted. It'll seem very strange if not so?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Where is the information saying if we manage to clear the first point, we're still under embargo on the second point?

I don't think there is any... BWFCi has long claimed that we are in some kind of double-embargo situation. As far as I can gather, that's BWFCI's guesswork - which may or may not be right, but is guesswork/surmise nonetheless unless I have missed summat (which is entirely possible!)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:51 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I don't think there is any... BWFCi has long claimed that we are in some kind of double-embargo situation. As far as I can gather, that's BWFCI's guesswork - which may or may not be right, but is guesswork/surmise nonetheless unless I have missed summat (which is entirely possible!)
I think it was mentioned by the judge in the court hearing and picked up by those who were there. I believe at the time the FL made a statement saying they hadn't been able to check adequately that all the money was in place and thus would approve the takeover only conditionally whilst we were "under special measures" which includes monthly financial monitoring and an embargo. Ultimately the FL can impose an embargo after a takeover if they feel there is a need to do so. We can clear the technical FFP one but the FL will have to be in agreement. It is why Ken Anderson has met the FL and will apparently do so again. I assume they gave him a list of things he'd need to provide in order to get the embargo lifted, beyond just the overdue accounts. Clearly he must think this will be possible.

Also Iles, tweeted this last week...
Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles Jun 9

@TommyTwoCan94 both. Don't forget there are two embargoes. FFP and FL so a lot of work needs to happen between now and July 1.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:49 am

Marc Iles is an anagram of Cram Lies. Coincidence?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:Marc Iles is an anagram of Cram Lies. Coincidence?
yes. yes it is. 8)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:12 am

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Marc Iles is an anagram of Cram Lies. Coincidence?
yes. yes it is. 8)

Phew!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Anyone want to have a bash at this?

The Football League's "retained and released" list

Got a link to the Prem clubs at the top, too - we might pick up some young not-quiters...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Thanks DSB. Leave it with me and I'll have a scan.
Pfffft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Anyone want to have a bash at this?

The Football League's "retained and released" list

Got a link to the Prem clubs at the top, too - we might pick up some young not-quiters...
Marvellous Marvin released by Colchester. That lad played his hand very badly. Washed up and only 25.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Blimey, Bobby Zamora, Kenwyn Jones, Robson Kanu, Matt Darbyshire. Some big names on that list. Can't see any of those pitching up at our place. I wonder if Robbo will retire now Brum have let him go? Old head, but old legs too.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Bijou Bob wrote: I wonder if Robbo will retire now Brum have let him go? Old head, but old legs too.
I remember his younger legs getting rinsed by Macclesfield's winger in the 3rd round too!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:16 pm

One of the guys I mentioned on the first page Kane Hemmings has been linked with a whole range of teams including us:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/24/pa ... at-dundee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:40 pm

^^ Can you stick to the ones that are linked to no bugger, so I think we'd have half a chance? :-)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Sone Aluko (27) - Forward. Released by Hull. Might interest a lot of the Championship teams. Worth a look if his wages are at an acceptable level. 1 in 4 goal to game ratio, don't know if he's drop down a division?

Björn Bergmann Sigurðarson (25) - Forward/Winger. Again played alright this season for Wolves. Not prolific but as we currently only have Tom Walker on the wing might be worth a look. Plus he's Icelandic and we could do with a bit of that spirit in our side
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Jose Baxter (24) Attacking Midfielder - Tough one this as he was touted as a big star on his arrival to the Everton first team. It didn't work out and has plied his trade at Oldham and Sheff United. Handy with the goals but volatile and has been suspended for off field shenanigans on more than one occasion. Just been released
Pfffft.