Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by thebish » Sun May 13, 2012 5:20 pm

klasnicks wrote:Feel sorry for Holden and Chungy, they don't deserve to play Championship football (assuming we'll keep hold of them)

my heart bleeds!! 8)

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:20 pm

drummergeek wrote:nobody worried about our financial future?
Aye we are fecked ! Top players will be sold to pay off debt and we will be left a mess in lower tier of English football for quite some years

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun May 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Gives my wife an excuse to get rid of sky.......................................

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 13, 2012 5:21 pm

thebish wrote:we'll come back stronger - like we did with Big Sam when he took us down...
Sorry to do this Bish as I know you'd never pull someone up for an error but... :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sun May 13, 2012 5:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:There will be plenty looking to take a shot at us next season. At this moment I highly doubt we will be straight back up - We will be competing with the likes of Wolves, Blackburn with less debt than us, and then some well run Championship teams like the 3 losers of the play offs, Middlesbrough, even Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnley. The casual "we'll deffo romp that league with holden back" attitude needs to be checked now.
This.I fear holden and chungy will be off to some premiership middling team like Everton or villa.
I'd add Leeds with Warnock and Blackpool(if they don't go up!)in there as well.
fecking gutted that the clown has taken us down.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sun May 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:anyone else find it ironic that we can't draw for shit and it ends up being 2 draws that relegate us! Good to see us keep our goals conceeded average up too! We've been shit and inept this season...there can be no excuses...
You can look at it that way or you could say one of those draws cost us survival.....Like last week against West Brom....
But yeah......I'm absolutely shattered.....empty might be the right word.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Relentless09 wrote:
Aye we are fecked ! Top players will be sold to pay off debt and we will be left a mess in lower tier of English football for quite some years
aye... but - are we REALLY that up our own arses that we don't think we can enjoy being a club in a lower league???

klasnicks
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnicks » Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Already grieved and over it.

Had a long time to think about relegation with the way we've played this season.

Onwards and upwards, Sordell to do the business next season.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Gives my wife an excuse to get rid of sky.......................................
:lol: silver lining and all that!
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sun May 13, 2012 5:24 pm

thebish wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:
aye... but - are we REALLY that up our own arses that we don't think we can enjoy being a club in a lower league???
Tbh, yes we are going to lose alot of players, but i give us a fair chance of getting back up on the first attempt. To me, with our financial situation, it seems pretty damn important that we get straight back up. Otherwise we might be languishing for a while.

drummergeek
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by drummergeek » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:
if the debt gets called in will we still be in the league?

Milky_Joe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Milky_Joe » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm quite calm really. Let's get the deadwood out and start again. Plenty out of contract, and I'd let everyone of them go.

We need to convince someone like Liverpool to splash the cash on Mark Davies, with the way he flatters to deceive he'd be perfect for them. Better chance of keeping Holden and Chungy then as well.

It'll be tough to come straight back, but I'll be there watching whatever happens.

libreg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by libreg » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

How the feck am I going to be disappointed by the wanderers live next season from america?
Yeah.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
DJBlu wrote:P.S Lets see all those players who are loyal now.

Cue mass exodus.

11 years for feck all. 11 years.
Yeah 11 fcuking years for one man to destroy, but the thick planks will still chant his name if he stays on has manager :crazy:

I REALLY don't get this... how does relegation destroy the last 11 years?? :conf:
So its ok to go down then? 11 years we have been a established premiership team, we needed to stay there due to our shit finances you don't make money in the championship so there's only one way i can see the club going now, all that hard work to get there and then to stay in the premiership have all been undone by owen fcuking coyle we should of changed managers during the season like sunderland did look what happened to them, loyality gets you nowhere in football.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 pm

thebish wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:
Not saying I won't enjoy it, of course I will, no matter what league we are in I will love seeing my team play it's just a shame what's happening our club

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
thebish wrote:we'll come back stronger - like we did with Big Sam when he took us down...
Sorry to do this Bish as I know you'd never pull someone up for an error but... :wink:
:-) I meant - brought us back up - but royally stuffed it up!! :-)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Is anyone going to get behind the team now or are we all feeling sorry for ourselves?
Pfffft.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 pm

See you in the Championship, boys.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
thebish wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
DJBlu wrote:P.S Lets see all those players who are loyal now.

Cue mass exodus.

11 years for feck all. 11 years.
Yeah 11 fcuking years for one man to destroy, but the thick planks will still chant his name if he stays on has manager :crazy:

I REALLY don't get this... how does relegation destroy the last 11 years?? :conf:
So its ok to go down then?
you will - I hope - note that I didn't say that!!! I am just saying we have enjoyed most of the last 11 years - and next year I will also say I enjoyed those years - they have not been destroyed!!! that is all!!
Last edited by thebish on Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 pm

libreg wrote:How the feck am I going to be disappointed by the wanderers live next season from america?
I'm from Australia, so i'm in the same boat.....I think this forum is going to be a live match update site for me next season!