Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:The rotation thing is sensible too.
There's 'rotation' and then there's wholesale changes. Making half a dozen changes every game leads to inconsistent performances.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:I just had it on the radio so while they may have scored when Pratley came on, the other change LCY/Mills seemed to really invite the pressure onto us. Having said that, it was a fresh pair of legs in defence and it worked out ok in the end.

Everything coming out of DF through the media is very refreshing. It's not just "the players have to try harder next time". And, what's more, it seems to actually get some points.

The rotation thing is sensible too. Our older players shouldn't be forced to play 3 games a week. It just comes down to looking at the upcoming fixture and choosing a team that can get point(s). If Wednesday's team is tired on Saturday we won't win. We need an XI that is not tired, well-drilled and with a bit of flair up front, hopefully.

I personally don't got any problems with playing for a draw at the league leaders away from home, certainly not while we're still learning to fly.
Agree with that. I imagine the side and system will become more settled in time(tweaks to save legs rather than wholesale changes) but he has to look at what he has to pick from and you can only guage so much on the training ground.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

BL3 why have you come on here to dampen the mood? Can you not just be a little more positive. He's tinkered for 6 games and we've not lost in 6. Yeah some performances wern't as good as others but my god, hate to think what you're going to be like when we lose.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:My point was that we appeared to be comfortable and winning quite easily. He then made a change Pratley on, Eagles off and they scored within seconds of it. Maybe it was not an exact cause and effect, but we were under the cosh from that moment on. Were we not?
There's no 'maybe' about it

Butterfield and Eagles were fcuked

One cos he'd not stopped running and one cos he's not fully fit

It was the right call
Sto ut Serviam

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm

BL3 wrote:
There's 'rotation' and then there's wholesale changes. Making half a dozen changes every game leads to inconsistent performances.
Better that than consistently shite, Owen

Must be gutted we've only lost one in 9 since you got your marching orders
Sto ut Serviam

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:BL3 why have you come on here to dampen the mood? Can you not just be a little more positive. He's tinkered for 6 games and we've not lost in 6. Yeah some performances wern't as good as others but my god, hate to think what you're going to be like when we lose.
Elated would be my guess. Must be odd wanting the team you support to lose so you can tell everyone how wrong they were to appoint a manager who appears to be turning the club round. I expect we'll see less of him as xmas approaches as he'll be busy telling kids that santa doesnt exist and writing fake replies to xmas lists saying the elves have all died and there's nothing in the grotto.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:

We've won three of the last nine games. The same number we won in the first nine games. We were 17th when he took over. Six games later, we're still 17th and a further 2 points off the play-offs.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm

BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:

We've won three of the last nine games. The same number we won in the first nine games. We were 17th when he took over. Six games later, we're still 17th and a further 2 points off the play-offs.[/quote]

Not losing pace at the rate we were then :D It's like the long dark teatime of the soul sometimes. Have you ever noticed the streetlights blacking out as you go for a pint? I know Little lever is a bit grim but there are some nice walks down by the canal. Try to get out when it's sunny some time.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 pm

BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:

We've won three of the last nine games. The same number we won in the first nine games. We were 17th when he took over. Six games later, we're still 17th and a further 2 points off the play-offs.
Won 3 and drawn 5

See, you never did get the benefit of grabbing a draw or two did you

Maybe you wouldn't have relegated us if you'd grasped it
Sto ut Serviam

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Won 3 and drawn 5

See, you never did get the benefit of grabbing a draw or two did you

Maybe you wouldn't have relegated us if you'd grasped it
Draws aren't much use when the teams at the top are winning, especially when we're dropping points at home to the likes of Barnsley. We're no nearer the play-offs than we were when he took over. We need a run of back-to-back wins. Even you must have 'grasped' that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:30 pm

thirteen of them, which is why CrazyHorse isn't dismantling the Town Hall steps.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm

The draw, against the 'likes of Barnsley' wouldn't have hurt as much if it wasn't for the defeats against the 'likes of Millwall, Burnley, Crawley, Palace and Birmingham'

ppg under you - 1.1

ppg under anybody else - 1.6

That's an improvement to the sane amongst us...a 23 point per season improvement
Sto ut Serviam

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm

I'd imagine Dougie has had to create an atmosphere at the club where he has no preconceptions, the slate is wiped clean, you're all in contention, etc, etc. To follow through on such a promise he has to play tinkerman, at least at first. I would guess it's improved morale and team spirit no end, even if we've had to endure Pratley making the odd cameo as a consequence. Just conjecture but realistic conjecture.

When the side has been run by an insecure, delusional amateur like Coyle there must be a lot of damage to repair.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

I find it hard to believe coyle would have got more points in this run of games than DF has. He'd have gone out thinking(because he was deluded) that we could out football the stronger sides and we'd have got mullered because we had no organisation or belief. Barnsley was a disappointing result but whether coyle would have won that one is pretty debatable too.
A win against ipswich and it will genuinely feel like we're going the right way. Will be interesting to see how things go against less difficult opposition but it's a tight league and no game is a cert as results continually show.

And Mr Quiff that's absolutely bang on

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:02 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:The draw, against the 'likes of Barnsley' wouldn't have hurt as much if it wasn't for the defeats against the 'likes of Millwall, Burnley, Crawley, Palace and Birmingham'

ppg under you - 1.1

That's an improvement to the sane amongst us...a 23 point per season improvement
He was brought in because of those defeats. To get us 'back on track' as Phil Gartside put it. Back on track is 2 points per game minimum, not 1.6.

The 'sane amongst us' will also be aware that Crawley aren't in the Championship.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm

50sQuiff wrote:I'd imagine Dougie has had to create an atmosphere at the club where he has no preconceptions, the slate is wiped clean, you're all in contention, etc, etc. To follow through on such a promise he has to play tinkerman, at least at first. I would guess it's improved morale and team spirit no end, even if we've had to endure Pratley making the odd cameo as a consequence. Just conjecture but realistic conjecture.
I would imagine Petrov's spirit hasn't been improved 'no end', by not even making the squad for two of the last three games, or Spearing's, having been dropped so that a centre half could play in his position at Brighton.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:

You really are a miserable cvnt
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:The draw, against the 'likes of Barnsley' wouldn't have hurt as much if it wasn't for the defeats against the 'likes of Millwall, Burnley, Crawley, Palace and Birmingham'

ppg under you - 1.1

He was brought in because of those defeats. To get us 'back on track' as Phil Gartside put it. Back on track is 2 points per game minimum, not 1.6.

The 'sane amongst us' will also be aware that Crawley aren't in the Championship.
But then why were you not calling for Coyle's head?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:

You really are a miserable cvnt

I like concision.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

So one loss since Coyle has left. Yeah we're not chalking up the wins as much as I'd like but we're certainly better organised and have at least a chance of play offs now. Dougie is cool by me!
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside