Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:According to our actual accounts, as analysed by Deloitte and Touche, ginger wankbag was driving us into the ground at a relentless pace. Wonder why we sacked him again?
Didn't take us down though. All Gartside had to do if it was required was cut his budgets. Worst case scenario was he would walk and we'd save paying the gardening leave.

Either way all that counts in the history books is who kept you up and who took you down!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 13, 2012 6:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yeah personal insult is about the best you can manage. Well done. Have you got your season ticket for next year?
The question still stands though are you going to persist with your sh*te?

What has a season ticket to do with anything :conf:
Ok I will try another one. What benefit has keeping Coyle got us?
Is that 1-0 to me then...
If being a 'supporter' who rarely goes but but likes to tell folk that they are too negative when they are the ones going regularly, then yeah well done 1-0.

Perhaps it's time you buy a season ticket and show some real tangible support for your club. Cos by fook they are gonna need it!
Does that make you a super fan then?

Sorry I am unaware of those rules, please direct me to the chart that shows your point of view far out ways anyone elses.

By the way, it was predicted a few pages back that you would spout this line. :lol:

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sun May 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Very good post, yours and peter thompson talk sense,
i fancy a few away games next season,
however a lot of very poor players MUST be kicked out

Mitch wrote:I know there have been lots of things that have gone wrong this season but without doubt we were on an uphill struggle from the start with that bloody fixture list. Chuck in key injuries and we have just been playing catch up all season. Doesn't excuse some of the ridiculous performances and decisions we have sat through, but I never felt confident at any point in the season.

Past flirtations with relegation were always played out, to me anyway, with a real fighting spirit and we had players who you just knew could turn a game. I often wondered mind how we got ourselves in the messes we did with some of the players we had, but that's for another day.

Like others I'm strangely calm about it all, and looking forward to a season where we may, just may, win more than we lose. The coming weeks will tell us what squad we have for the coming season and until we know that I can't even imagine what lies in store. At this moment in time I don't want to see Coyle and his entourage in charge, but lord knows who we could get instead!

A few seasons back I'd have been distraught ... maybe it's an age thing :shock:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun May 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Agree with Devon.

Pre-game Plymouth posted an inspirational youtube vid from the past with players like Nolan, Diouf, etc fighting to get us out of trouble. Rather than being inspirational I found that depressing.

Fresh start, let's lose the dead wood and move on.

P.s. looking forward to going to Hillsborough next year, hopefully Sheff Utd go up aswell.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 6:45 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
The question still stands though are you going to persist with your sh*te?

What has a season ticket to do with anything :conf:
Ok I will try another one. What benefit has keeping Coyle got us?
Is that 1-0 to me then...
If being a 'supporter' who rarely goes but but likes to tell folk that they are too negative when they are the ones going regularly, then yeah well done 1-0.

Perhaps it's time you buy a season ticket and show some real tangible support for your club. Cos by fook they are gonna need it!
Does that make you a super fan then?

Sorry I am unaware of those rules, please direct me to the chart that shows your point of view far out ways anyone elses.

By the way, it was predicted a few pages back that you would spout this line. :lol:
Easy to say 'let's all be positive lads' when youre watching a stream every week.

Coyle was booed at the end today. Perhaps you should have been there to ask all those who did to clap him?

Weve gone down, having been shite all season. If you're not feeling absolutely furious about how easily we've chucked it away this season then I really just wonder.....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 13, 2012 6:50 pm

thebish wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:
thebish wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:So who'll still be going to watch them next season? I know I'll be there
I will if they come anywhere near Devon!! (Brighton anyone??)

Nice one Bish. Let's all make Brighton away one mighty Wanderer piss up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the 'Gulls!!!!!!!!!!

it's a date!!
I'll be there.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 13, 2012 6:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Easy to say 'let's all be positive lads' when youre watching a stream every week.

Coyle was booed at the end today. Perhaps you should have been there to ask all those who did to clap him?

Weve gone down, having been shite all season. If you're not feeling absolutely furious about how easily we've chucked it away this season then I really just wonder.....
Oh the old superfan line again :roll:

BTW I am unhappy about relegation...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I hope all the Rose tinters are happy now.
Remind me how that one works will you? Keeping the faith and hoping, through all the shit times, makes you happy when you get relegated? Really?

You been knocking the manager, club and players and throwing bricks from the third row back of the cuckoo klux klan as long as I can remember. What ,really,did you expect the rose-tinters to do, grab a bed sheet and join you? I'm far from happy right now, but I'd still rather be a rose-tinted optimist than a permanenly pessimistic miserable sod, if that's all right with you?

Cue..how much you spend and what a super fan you are. With your attitude I'd spend the money on a good set of golf clubs and moan how high the rough is instead.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Day of Destiny/Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:So at the moment - we go down, scum win the league and Arsenal finish above Spurs so GG gets to keep her kit on.

Somebody up there really doesn't like us
Well obviously i'd take it off if i thought it had a hope in hells chance of cheering you all up... ;)

In all seriousness, i'm really sorry you're down guys. :(

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun May 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Shit happens, its football.

Lets all group together support the team that brings us together and shit em next year!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 13, 2012 6:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Remind me how that one works will you? Keeping the faith and hoping, through all the shit times, makes you happy when you get relegated? Really?

You been knocking the manager, club and players and throwing bricks from the third row back of the cuckoo klux klan as long as I can remember. What ,really,did you expect the rose-tinters to do, grab a bed sheet and join you? I'm far from happy right now, but I'd still rather be a rose-tinted optimist than a permanenly pessimistic miserable sod, if that's all right with you?

Cue..how much you spend and what a super fan you are. With your attitude I'd spend the money on a good set of golf clubs and moan how high the rough is instead.
Thank feck someone else feels the same way I do. Certain people won't be happy till we do go out of business/get relegated further so they can say "See I told you so"

We have a chance to turn it round just like Newcastle/Southampton/Reading/West Ham but they fact of the matter is we need to be pulling in the same direction. End of story
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 13, 2012 6:59 pm

DJBlu wrote:Shit happens, its football.

Lets all group together support the team that brings us together and shit em next year!
Here, here!
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Exactamundo. Time for a rebuild.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 6:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

The trouble is your second paragraph is incorrect. I've backed the club more than many on here. Never had a bed sheet, never called for Gartsides head and still don't (and there are plenty in the 'Coyle in' camp who have in the past!

I've been critical this season. Because I could see how shite we were early doors and feared the worst.

Sadly the worst had happened.

I'm angry we've chucked it away, because we threw so many results away earlier in the season and as it turns out they would have made the difference.

Folk have kept saying 'it'll be reet'. And 'wait and see Coyle will turn it round'.

Well it's not reet and he hadn't sorted it. So now what?

I will be there next season, but I think my lack of faith in the manager has been shown to be well and truly justified. And going forward I still don't have any faith that he will do the right things for our club.

I hope I'm wrong. Because I'm desperate for some better times.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Exactamundo. Time for a rebuild.
If we are losing 25M and are as badly off as you seem to think, what are we going to build with?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 13, 2012 7:01 pm

With kids and frees.

A bit like we've had to since 2 years ago.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

A fantastic post Tango.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:With kids and frees.

A bit like we've had to since 2 years ago.
Come on LK, you know what needs doing. Be a man; join the Che Guevara of Lofthouse lower and throw a brick or two through the De-Vere windows. That'll show em.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun May 13, 2012 7:21 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Easy to say 'let's all be positive lads' when youre watching a stream every week.

Oh the old superfan line again :roll:

BTW I am unhappy about relegation...

I spend more and go more????
I've been going longer ????
It matters more to me ????

For Fcks sake lets get real, we all care and thats why we come on here discussing matters.
It doesn't matter if you go every game or don't go at all, it don't matter if you've gone for 50 years or just started,
OUR club is in the shite and we all care, stop having a go at each other and get behind OUR club, because by god they'll need us.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:26 pm

i carnt help feeling i'm eating megson outters's Crow after this.

they may have gone down anyway a full season earlier.

but megson had more of a clue about what to do when its not working.

fecking roberto martinez had more of a clue. he binned of his shitty tappy continental bollocks.

coyles worse than anyone at not sorting it.