Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:19 pm

it was set up to be an ace day... England THRASH the All Blacks - Wales lose to the Oz... and Bolton have to go and stuff it up royally...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 pm

thebish wrote:it was set up to be an ace day... England THRASH the All Blacks - Wales lose to the Oz... and Bolton have to go and stuff it up royally...
Err - the scousers won too.

Justice for the Saints.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
thebish wrote:it was set up to be an ace day... England THRASH the All Blacks - Wales lose to the Oz... and Bolton have to go and stuff it up royally...
Err - the scousers won too.

Justice for the Saints.
oh - did they?? you just HAD to go and re-ruin an already ruinified day, didn't you, eh??

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Utter rubbish - absolute fcuking shite performance. Turn the lights off and lock the gates - Bristol City, Barnsley and then losing against an awful p*ss poor Ipswich at home ! Who the fcuk does Freedman think he is Mourinho - too many changes for changes sake, his substitutions are awful absolutely no rationale behind them.

I did quite like Freedman....but after today I'm starting to think that he aint much better than the previous numpty - same old , same old....truly dogshit awful performance, shite tactics (Coyle esq), and still long ball - will anyone ever come in and stop playing hoof ball FFS

Not a chance of making the play off's - for me there's some serious big decisions that need to be made from Freedman to sort these wasters out - we still have far to many players who don't give a fcuk. Freedman needs to decide on a system and decide which players he can trust in that system, all this constant changing is a joke.
In fairness you can see why he made the changes he did this week given the fitness issues that Butterfield and CYL seem to have but after beating blackburn midweek it would have been great to build on it with a similar system/line up. It's one game. The Blackburn win didnt mean DF was a genius and this defeat doesnt mean he's a complete coyle.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:26 pm

when most players are asked about this rotation stuff and playing twice in a week - they most often say that they want to play every game and that it gives them the buzz and the energy and the momentum.

yes - it's a fast paced game - but they are highly trained athletes and the SHOULD be able to deal with it - and most of them seem to want to..

the stop-start/chop-change/in-out surely affects their game more??

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 pm

thebish wrote:when most players are asked about this rotation stuff and playing twice in a week - they most often say that they want to play every game and that it gives them the buzz and the energy and the momentum.

yes - it's a fast paced game - but they are highly trained athletes and the SHOULD be able to deal with it - and most of them seem to want to..

the stop-start/chop-change/in-out surely affects their game more??
You'd think so but then you have to ask how long it takes to get a squad up to proper fitness levels. They werent that fit when DF came in. Butterfield Eagles and CYL looked tired by all accounts against Blackburn. Eagles and Spearing played today and looked like different players yet yet both had the momentum of playing both games.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:39 pm

The thing is, other teams don't change their teams every other game, so why is Freedman trying to do it with us? Ipswich made one change from their last game to today, and it obviously worked. Our players aren't going to be inherently more unfit than theirs are, so if they can get away with it, so can we.

I'm not happy with us changing a winning formula when we need to win games. If it isn't working after 50 minutes and the players look tired? Fair enough, make substitutions. I just don't agree with changing so often though. I think it leads to inconsistency and not only that, players who aren't good enough get too many games.

It's a noble idea but it isn't going to work.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Utter rubbish - absolute fcuking shite performance. Turn the lights off and lock the gates - Bristol City, Barnsley and then losing against an awful p*ss poor Ipswich at home ! Who the fcuk does Freedman think he is Mourinho - too many changes for changes sake, his substitutions are awful absolutely no rationale behind them.

I did quite like Freedman....but after today I'm starting to think that he aint much better than the previous numpty - same old , same old....truly dogshit awful performance, shite tactics (Coyle esq), and still long ball - will anyone ever come in and stop playing hoof ball FFS

Not a chance of making the play off's - for me there's some serious big decisions that need to be made from Freedman to sort these wasters out - we still have far to many players who don't give a fcuk. Freedman needs to decide on a system and decide which players he can trust in that system, all this constant changing is a joke.
In fairness you can see why he made the changes he did this week given the fitness issues that Butterfield and CYL seem to have but after beating blackburn midweek it would have been great to build on it with a similar system/line up. It's one game. The Blackburn win didnt mean DF was a genius and this defeat doesnt mean he's a complete coyle.
I can't see any reason to change anything after b/burn, why change a winning team & system ??

We need to build confidence & momentum, all this fcuking about week in week out from Freedman is utter madness, for me he's coming across almost as clueless as the previous mon !, his substitutions today where diabolical.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:We scored one against an Ipswich team that was averaging 4 goals a game conceded on the road under McCarthy.

I'll repeat once again:

A team that starts KD is going nowhere.
To be fair today, Ngog was far far worse!
We were one up

A chance was laid on a plate and the useless fcuker missed

Would've been game over at that point

But, we were shit

Selection was shit, but he needs to work out just what 'clueless' left him
Sto ut Serviam

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Oh aye, if Lee didn't play again, I'd not be disappointed
Sto ut Serviam

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:50 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:We scored one against an Ipswich team that was averaging 4 goals a game conceded on the road under McCarthy.

I'll repeat once again:

A team that starts KD is going nowhere.
To be fair today, Ngog was far far worse!
We were one up

A chance was laid on a plate and the useless fcuker missed

Would've been game over at that point

But, we were shit

Selection was shit, but he needs to work out just what 'clueless' left him
Mick McCarthy inherited a far worse team. He's worked out a winning formula whilst Freedman is still floundering around.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Fcuk off, Owen
Sto ut Serviam

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
I can't see any reason to change anything after b/burn, why change a winning team & system ??

We need to build confidence & momentum, all this fcuking about week in week out from Freedman is utter madness, for me he's coming across almost as clueless as the previous mon !, his substitutions today where diabolical.

Not defending the performance or result, but Butterfield isn't fully fit and apparently Warnock was ill, which explains those two changes.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Fair play.

An off day as opposed to consistently shit. Unless on the radio of course,
Get rid of KD, ban the radio and your life will be perfect.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:03 pm

After the Brighton game:
BL3 wrote:No surprise to see the usual suspects blaming the players again whilst conveniently ignoring the real culprit. It was another idiotic team selection. The players weren't a 'disgrace' against Cardiff but then he decided to change a winning formula and each performance has been worse than the last. We were battered today. Simple as that.
Peter Thompson wrote:Ok Owen enough is enough, now be a good boy and fcuk off back to Scotland and manage Airdrie or Inverness, teams more your level....
After today's game:
Peter Thompson wrote:Who the fcuk does Freedman think he is Mourinho - too many changes for changes sake, his substitutions are awful absolutely no rationale behind them.Freedman needs to decide on a system and decide which players he can trust in that system, all this constant changing is a joke.
How's that humble pie tasting?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Typical Bolton good performance at b/burn, get the fans upbeat about putting a few wins together and then revert to type and lose against a sh*te Ipswich site who normally get beat 5 & 6-0 away.

Why the fcuk change it and play 4-4-2 again, it just doesn't work with these lazy set of primadona wa*nkers. Jury's out on Freedman after today - it looks like he's learned nowt. He'd earn my respect if he keeps them all back tonight and tells every one of them that they are available for transfer in the January window....

Someone needs to come in and start making some serious decisions intead of massaging their ego's, from what DF said when he came in I thought he'd be the man, but it appears that he's as soft a touch as the last fella.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:10 pm

BL3 wrote: How's that humble pie tasting?
Owen, go and play with your barbie's or take down a few more train numbers....Freedman may not have ripped up any trees yet and has p*ssed me off today, but he's still an improvement on the previous guy in charge.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

IMO fecking awful post match comments from Freedman, if this is the best he can come up with then we are back in Coyle territory, I'm sure he said when he came that he says it like it is....which after this sounds like sheer waffle & utter bollocks

http://www.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/man ... eView=full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:IMO fecking awful post match comments from Freedman, if this is the best he can come up with then we are back in Coyle territory, I'm sure he said when he came that he says it like it is....which after this sounds like sheer waffle & utter bollocks

http://www.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/man ... eView=full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure quite why that rattled your cage so much except that we'd be hoping to win by more than 1 0 against ipswich. It's very true that coyle never really attempted to win 1 0 and it's a problem DF has inherited

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Now then Peter, I think he's bang on the money

If he's saying the same in 6 months... he can fcuk off

He won't be
Sto ut Serviam