Match Previews and Reports 2010/11

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:42 pm

ratbert wrote:Next six fixtures, sign up please if you will:

26.09: Manchester United (h) Preview thebish Report Worthy 4 England
02.10: West Bromwich Albion (a)
16.10: Stoke City (h)
23.10: Wigan Athletic (a)
31.10: Liverpool (h)
06.11: Tottenham Hotspur (h)[/b]
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 am

I'll Stoke up the fires for the "clogging" match preview if nobody wants it.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'll Stoke up the fires for the "clogging" match preview if nobody wants it.
Bruce had originally volunteered, and thebish has offered his, erm, services. It's a match reporter that's of most urgent requirement...

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:14 am

We're desperately short of volunteers for the next few matches. Please sign up - it's not as scary to do as you think.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:34 am

ratbert wrote:Next six fixtures, sign up please if you will:

23.10: Wigan Athletic (a) preview - me; report POS
31.10: Liverpool (h) preview by thebish report by ratty
06.11: Tottenham Hotspur (h)
Last edited by ratbert on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 am

I'll do a liverpool preview..

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 pm

...and I'm going, so I'll do the report

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Unless somebody else wants it, I'll do the Spurs preview. Ratbert's on holiday till the fifteenth so please PM any previews/reports to me till he gets back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Unless somebody else wants it, I'll do the Spurs preview. Ratbert's on holiday till the fifteenth so please PM any previews/reports to me till he gets back.
i had offered to be backstop - but as i did the last one - you go for it...

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks guys. I'm around tomorrow, but here's some more fixtures to get names for:

10.11: Everton (a)
13.11: Wolves (a)
20.11: Newcastle (h)
27.11: Balckpool (h)

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 pm

If nobody has volunteered for the Spuds report by Saturday I will do it.

I should be watching it on telly in the company of 2 Spuds supporting mates. They will probably provide more material that the actual match though...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Unless somebody else wants it, I'll do the Spurs preview. Ratbert's on holiday till the fifteenth so please PM any previews/reports to me till he gets back.
Sorry bish, missed that. I'll defer to you on London based teams if you really want it. No sweat.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
Sorry bish, missed that. I'll defer to you on London based teams if you really want it. No sweat.
it's fine tango - i did the last one - i know no more about spurs than anyone else might...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:49 pm

marshall_42 wrote:If nobody has volunteered for the Spuds report by Saturday I will do it.

I should be watching it on telly in the company of 2 Spuds supporting mates. They will probably provide more material that the actual match though...

and that's what makes for a good report! (a cross between a report and Spy!)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
it's fine tango - i did the last one - i know no more about spurs than anyone else might...
Okay, cheers, I got it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 pm

thebish wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:If nobody has volunteered for the Spuds report by Saturday I will do it.

and that's what makes for a good report! (a cross between a report and Spy!)
Sitting in Tottenham-land in the Crowe Bar watching the game at the Reebok last year as Craaaaaaaach got roundly abused for being a 'facking doughnut' and then my lone, dying in my throat cheer when Davo scored the goal I think was described by the commentator as 'Spurs-like' - the cnut- was fun :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm

ratbert wrote:Thanks guys. I'm around tomorrow, but here's some more fixtures to get names for:

10.11: Everton (a)
13.11: Wolves (a)
20.11: Newcastle (h)
27.11: Balckpool (h)
Can i have the report on the blackpool game, cos, you know, I've been round long enough to remember the last top flight game between the two clubs - though I'll have to do some research to find it and probably dig deep into the memory to remember if i was there... :wink:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

The last time we played Blackpool at home in a top flight game was 26 October 1963. It was a 1-1 draw. Warwick Rimmer scored our goal. I was almost certainly there, on the Embankment, below the Warbys sign , my season ticket bought by my father as a parting gift as he and my mother and sister had left for a 'new life' in South Africa a few weeks earlier, leaving me with grandparents. 15 years old.

It must have been very easy to see. The crowd was 14,584. Some with tangerine scarves...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:10 pm

William the White wrote:The last time we played Blackpool at home in a top flight game was 26 October 1963. It was a 1-1 draw. Warwick Rimmer scored our goal. I was almost certainly there, on the Embankment, below the Warbys sign , my season ticket bought by my father as a parting gift as he and my mother and sister had left for a 'new life' in South Africa a few weeks earlier, leaving me with grandparents. 15 years old. It must have been very easy to see. The crowd was 14,584. Some with tangerine scarves...
Christ that sounds bleak! What did you say that made 'em scarper? :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
William the White wrote:The last time we played Blackpool at home in a top flight game was 26 October 1963. It was a 1-1 draw. Warwick Rimmer scored our goal. I was almost certainly there, on the Embankment, below the Warbys sign , my season ticket bought by my father as a parting gift as he and my mother and sister had left for a 'new life' in South Africa a few weeks earlier, leaving me with grandparents. 15 years old. It must have been very easy to see. The crowd was 14,584. Some with tangerine scarves...
Christ that sounds bleak! What did you say that made 'em scarper? :shock:

he bought them some cheerful books for christmas.... ;-)