Fortress Reebok?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
Bungle wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:lot of young kids at the reebok now, who dont realy get behind the team so much. not saying it has owt to do with how we play but i dont see the point in bringing a kid who aint arsed at all especially girls.

theres a little brat who sits next to me staring aimlessly at the crowd, running up and down the stairs every 5 minutes to get food and kicking over my feckin coffee with no appology (from her or the father), just proceeding to dance around in the puddle. must cost the father a fortune in scran and tickets/travel etc. and she clearly dosnt give a toss. it makes my blood boild!

rant over
A. "No way are you going to the match on Saturday, i've been looking after the kids all week and i'm sick of it!"
B. "Well what if I take the kids? Then you can have a few hours peace and quiet in the afternoon."
A. "Sounds good. OK, you can go, but only if you take the kids."
B. "Fair enough."
Every week?
Scenario 2, divorced dad only gets to see kids on a Saturday so he takes them to a match and then for a pizza and to the pictures after it.

Bungle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bungle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
Bungle wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:lot of young kids at the reebok now, who dont realy get behind the team so much. not saying it has owt to do with how we play but i dont see the point in bringing a kid who aint arsed at all especially girls.

theres a little brat who sits next to me staring aimlessly at the crowd, running up and down the stairs every 5 minutes to get food and kicking over my feckin coffee with no appology (from her or the father), just proceeding to dance around in the puddle. must cost the father a fortune in scran and tickets/travel etc. and she clearly dosnt give a toss. it makes my blood boild!

rant over
A. "No way are you getting a season ticket, i've been looking after the kids all week and i'm sick of it!"
B. "Well what if I take the kids? Then you can have a few hours peace and quiet in the afternoon."
B. "Fair enough."
Every week?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:21 pm

jimbo wrote:

rant over
Pretty sure when I was 4 and being taken to games by my mum and dad that I wasn't overly vocal and passionate. Had a tendency to fall asleep at night matches as well. Maybe they shouldn't have bothered just so the atmsophere didn't suffer too much. Then maybe I'd when I got older I'd have ended up going watching Blackpool with people from school.
This.

I've taken my daughter to a few home games now, and Spurs away last year. She's the future of Bolton Wanderers support and is to be encouraged, not scowled at. Also, if you don't want your coffee kicking over, don't leave it on the floor.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
Bungle wrote:

rant over
A. "No way are you going to the match on Saturday, i've been looking after the kids all week and i'm sick of it!"
B. "Fair enough."
Every week?
Maybe he gets the kids at weekends.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 pm

CAPS and GM.... :pray: :lmfao:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 pm

well I won’t be taking my daughter to any matches, at least not until she’s old enough to decide she actually wants to go herself.

I understand Randys point, I see plenty of young girls at the Reebok, plainly bored, who have had Bolton Wanderers rammed down their throats from birth by their insecure fathers, who are disappointed that they never had a son.

It’s not for girls imo, not young uns anyroad. When she is a lot older, and IF she actually takes an interest in watching football, then of course ill encourage her to support the Wanderers and will love taking her to matches. She'll be brought up knowing it’s a firm BWFC household though, but I won’t care one bit if she grows up not giving two shits about footy.

But I do understand the arguments also. its only £49 to take em all season, gets em out of their mothers hair for a few hours etc, and it’s another bum on a seat regardless of whether they're interested or not. just wish they would keep em all in the family stand, rather than have the little bleeders running round my feet when im having a pint!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:01 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:well i wont be taking my daughter to any matches, at least not untill shes old enough to decide she actually wants to go herself.

I understand Randys point, i see plenty of young girls at the reebok, plainly bored, who have had Bolton Wanderers rammed down their throats from birth by their insecure fathers, who are dissappointed that they never had a son.

Its not for girls imo, not young uns anyroad. When she is a lot older, and IF she actually takes an interest in watching football, then of course ill encourage her to support the Wanderers and will love taking her to matches. She'll be brought up knowing its a firm BWFC household though, but i wont care one bit if she grows up not giving two shits about footy.

But i do understand the arguements also. its only £49 to take em all season, gets em out of their mothers hair for a few hours etc, and its another bum on a seat regardless of wheher they're interested or not. just wish they would keep em all in the family stand, rather than have the little bleeders running round my feet when im having a pint!
Unbelievable.

Sweeping generalisations to try and justify someone else's intolerance. Are you saying everyone who has had a daughter wishes they were a boy?

It's not for girls? Brilliant! How do you expect her to take an interest if you don't SHOW her why it's interesting. Do you skulk, furtively, around the house hiding any mention or inkling of your 'boys only' fetish?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 pm

I'd be tempted to sack it off

Grown out of it

Sadly, my daughter aint having it

She's 15 and its 11 quid a year for her ticket

She'd think I'd turned gay if she saw me drinking coffee

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I'd be tempted to sack it off

Grown out of it

what do you drink at the game CAPS - lighter fluid? beer is gay! ;-)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:well I won’t be taking my daughter to any matches, at least not until she’s old enough to decide she actually wants to go herself.

I understand Randys point, I see plenty of young girls at the Reebok, plainly bored, who have had Bolton Wanderers rammed down their throats from birth by their insecure fathers, who are disappointed that they never had a son.

Its not for girls imo, not young uns anyroad. When she is a lot older, and IF she actually takes an interest in watching football, then of course will encourage her to support the Wanderers and will love taking her to matches. She'll be brought up knowing it’s a firm BWFC household though, but I won’t care one bit if she grows up not giving two shits about footy.

But I do understand the arguments also. its only £49 to take em all season, gets em out of their mothers hair for a few hours etc, and its another bum on a seat regardless of whether they're interested or not. just wish they would keep em all in the family stand, rather than have the little bleeders running round my feet when im having a pint!
Unbelievable.

Sweeping generalisations to try and justify someone else's intolerance. Are you saying everyone who has had a daughter wishes they were a boy?

It's not for girls? Brilliant! How do you expect her to take an interest if you don't SHOW her why it's interesting. Do you skulk, furtively, around the house hiding any mention or inkling of your 'boys only' fetish?
Im sorry that upset you. you should know everything I write is meant to be a little bit tongue in cheek, satirical maybe. I don’t mean to offend.

Just generalisations. Im not saying that at all, I certainly don’t wish id had a boy. But I cant help feel sorry for these young girls decked out head to foot in the kits who would rather be playing with dolls at home, sat there while grown men around her leap up & growl, spit and swear every time we concede a throw in. its just not a nice environment for them, imo. However its an environment I do like, & that I don’t want to change any further

You only take interest in things your fathers interested in? I didn’t. She will see me leaving for games, she will see me watching MOTD and SSN, she will notice the difference in my moods whether we have won or lost. If she starts to take an interest then great, ill take her – when shes older!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:41 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I'd be tempted to sack it off

Grown out of it

15 year olds with their own opinion are fine, great infact.

its the poor 4, 5 & 6 year olds that trouble me.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 pm

The two teams we've played so far at home have brought roughly 500 away fans each, bearing in mind that that's 17k home 'fans' that's not really that bad.

If you take a look round the stands just before the kick off the only stands that seem rally empty for home support are the upper tiers. That's probably because it costs more
Pfffft.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 pm

TKIZ! wrote:The two teams we've played so far at home have brought roughly 500 away fans each, bearing in mind that that's 17k home 'fans' that's not really that bad.

If you take a look round the stands just before the kick off the only stands that seem rally empty for home support are the upper tiers. That's probably because it costs more
Fulham brought less than 200 didn't they? Certainly looked that way.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Did they? Thought was more but you get my drift? There was just over 17k there as well, our base of fans is essentially this 'steady' 17k of which 13k are season ticket holders
Pfffft.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:well I won’t be taking my daughter to any matches, at least not until she’s old enough to decide she actually wants to go herself.

Its not for girls imo, not young uns anyroad. When she is a lot older, and IF she actually takes an interest in watching football, then of course will encourage her to support the Wanderers and will love taking her to matches. She'll be brought up knowing it’s a firm BWFC household though, but I won’t care one bit if she grows up not giving two shits about footy.

But I do understand the arguments also. its only £49 to take em all season, gets em out of their mothers hair for a few hours etc, and its another bum on a seat regardless of whether they're interested or not. just wish they would keep em all in the family stand, rather than have the little bleeders running round my feet when im having a pint!
Unbelievable.

Im sorry that upset you. you should know everything I write is meant to be a little bit tongue in cheek, satirical maybe. I don’t mean to offend.

Just generalisations. Im not saying that at all, I certainly don’t wish id had a boy. But I cant help feel sorry for these young girls decked out head to foot in the kits who would rather be playing with dolls at home, sat there while grown men around her leap up & growl, spit and swear every time we concede a throw in. its just not a nice environment for them, imo. However its an environment I do like, & that I don’t want to change any further

You only take interest in things your fathers interested in? I didn’t. She will see me leaving for games, she will see me watching MOTD and SSN, she will notice the difference in my moods whether we have won or lost. If she starts to take an interest then great, ill take her – when shes older!
Fair enough. You just touched a nerve with the boy/girl thing is all.

I want my daughter to take an interest in what I do. I want her to share the lows and highs. She's been coming to (odd) games with me since she was 5 and absolutely loves it. I think mainly because she gets to boast to her classmates that she's seen her team 'live' more than her Spurs/ Arsenal/ ManU/ Chelsea supporting mates. :mrgreen:

She's also got a mean left foot on her and is one of the first choices by the boys when they pick teams in the playground.

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Wow frig me! Apologies for the rattling of cages, I see where you are coming from with your views, just there are kids near to me who don't care and are bored shitless with the footy and the way the fidget and mess around dose mine, and the fathers head in when I'm trying to watch the game.

I'm not discouraging bringing juniors to the footy at all just when they are not arsed, and to fair it is the best environment for them to be around. Thanks GM for the back up.

Jeez guys!

As you will see I'm new to the forum and did not expect blood thirsty parents to come wading in like that. I thought it was a bit of fun, I'll learn from the mistake of having my opinion!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Randy Watson wrote:I thought it was a bit of fun, I'll learn from the mistake of having my opinion!
now now.... don't go all tango on us!

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:13 pm

thebish wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:I thought it was a bit of fun, I'll learn from the mistake of having my opinion!
now now.... don't go all tango on us!
privet joke?
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Randy Watson wrote:Wow frig me! Apologies for the rattling of cages, I see where you are coming from with your views, just there are kids near to me who don't care and are bored shitless with the footy and the way the fidget and mess around dose mine, and the fathers head in when I'm trying to watch the game.

I'm not discouraging bringing juniors to the footy at all just when they are not arsed, and to fair it is the best environment for them to be around. Thanks GM for the back up.

Jeez guys!

As you will see I'm new to the forum and did not expect blood thirsty parents to come wading in like that. I thought it was a bit of fun, I'll learn from the mistake of having my opinion!

this is a public forum, dont expect them not to react, no need to be gay about it.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:29 pm

The problem is football isn't trendy any more.

Young impressionable teenagers would rather go to a BNP rally or paint their fingernails black and comb their hair over their eyes than go to the match.

Football has had its day, fashion goes in circles and the game is simply not fashionable anymore.