42 Million

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

The assertion was that we just paid whatever was asked...or more, ffs

Its a valid example of what a load of bollocks that claim was

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 pm

East Lower wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:I'd agree that we overpaid with a lot of those players (although you picked an odd two to use as examples, Robinson has been one of the first names on the team-sheet and Cohen's goals have paid back the 37k fee over and over again). However, it is usually not the managers job to negotiate the fee (certainly not exclusively anyway) and when all else is said and done, you've still got to pick the players.

People have picked worse players when given a shit load of money to spend...

David Rozenhal - £2.9mil
Joey Barton - £5.8mil
Abdolaye Faye - £2mil
Jose Enrique - £6.5mil
Habib Beye - £2mil
Alan Smith - £6mil

25.2mil
Exactly, this proved he had no vision, still went for the same mould of player, (down on his career) and a shoulder to cry on (using that as motivating tool). Watch him leave Blackburn in the shit like he did with us in around 4 years time.
Sir Nut, we haven't met yet, but I've been reading your posts from afar for a few weeks now, and I'd just like you to know that I think you're full of shit.
Another moron who states your full of shit then nothing else, im reading the full of shit part then am expecting a load of reasons (constructive to why im full of shit), but there's nothing but a full stop and loads and loads and loads and loads of white space!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Not enough white space for most.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 pm

East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:I'd agree that we overpaid with a lot of those players (although you picked an odd two to use as examples, Robinson has been one of the first names on the team-sheet and Cohen's goals have paid back the 37k fee over and over again). However, it is usually not the managers job to negotiate the fee (certainly not exclusively anyway) and when all else is said and done, you've still got to pick the players.
In the excellent book Why England Lose, they recount a story from Sven about his efforts to sign Vieri for Lazio, after being quoted 50 billion lire:
(Lazio chairman Sergio) Cragnotti: "That's a lot of money."
Eriksson: "I know."

Atletico said they might accept some Lazio players in part-payment for Vieri.

Cragnotti: "Can we do that?"
Eriksson: "No, we can't give away these players."
Cragnotti: "What shall we do then?"
Eriksson: "Buy him."
Cragnotti: "OK."

Eriksson recalled in Zurich: "He didn't even try to pay 49. He just paid 50."
This is pretty much how I imagine the Danny Shittu/Zat Knight/Johan Elmander/Fabrice Muamba discussions went. I mean if you recall the Allardyce negotiations would go on for absolute AGES before we finally got our man, if we did at all. Then all of a sudden we were getting £5 million+ players on short notice. Don't know what changed.

Elmander was valued at 15M in the January window so you could say even with him we got him half price
Are you being serious here? I truly hope not.
Iv been reading your posts now for about 2 minutes and you ARE full of poo! Players arnt valued at that price for nothing, he is a world class player and playing with a goalscorer you will see his true attributes come through. Now he is having to run around like an idiot trying to get appreciation from the fans, if theres nobody to feed and link up with how can you do your job.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm

So he's better than Gudjohnson? Caps will be pleased.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Not enough white space for most.

yeah i see what you mean, it would of been better if he just didn't type! Finally we agree.

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:So he's better than Gudjohnson? Caps will be pleased.
Totally different players!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Sir Nut wrote:

yeah i see what you mean, it would of been better if he just didn't type! Finally we agree.
You have missed the point again! The white space needs to be on yours posts. :whack:

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:00 pm

jaffka wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:

You have missed the point again! The white space needs to be on yours posts. :whack:[/quote

I wish you would just go away. You are really annoying, at least im annoying by talking about football, get off my balls please. You straw clutching kid!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Sir Nut wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:

You have missed the point again! The white space needs to be on yours posts. :whack:[/quote

I wish you would just go away. You are really annoying, at least im annoying by talking about football, get off my balls please. You straw clutching kid!
:lmfao: You really a funny person.
as in weird

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Sir Nut wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:

Look here, Nut/Communist/Big Sharps/Natasha/whoever you are - each day you survive here you're giving WUMage a bad name. For the love of God, go!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Sir Nut wrote:get off my balls please. You straw clutching kid!
he's on your balls clutching what you describe as a "straw"... sorry mate - maybe it'll grow one day - and, as they say, it isn't size, but what you do with it...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:50 pm

East Lower wrote:
Look here, Nut/Communist/Big Sharps/Natasha/whoever you are - each day you survive here you're giving WUMage a bad name. For the love of God, go!
All three are probably mightily insulted to be linked with Sir Nut.....well, maybe not Natasha who's uninsultable..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 am

East Lower wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:

Oh dear you have come off Burnden Aces............. Enough said.

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 am

thebish wrote:
he's on your balls clutching what you describe as a "straw"... sorry mate - maybe it'll grow one day - and, as they say, it isn't size, but what you do with it...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:35 am

Sir Nut wrote:
East Lower wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:

I haven't come from anywhere, dear boy - I'm just aware of your reputation and indeed your true identity. I'm amazed you haven't been banned already.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 am

thebish wrote:
by 'they', do you mean 'every woman you've ever known intimately'? ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:13 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
thebish wrote:
by 'they', do you mean 'every woman you've ever known intimately'? ;)
they've all been too breathless to say anything.... :wink:

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 am

East Lower wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
East Lower wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
jaffka wrote: You have missed the point again! The white space needs to be on yours posts. :whack:[/quote

I haven't come from anywhere, dear boy - I'm just aware of your reputation and indeed your true identity. I'm amazed you haven't been banned already.
Your aware of my reputation from forum wums, people who search the site everyday because they have nothing else better to do with their time, if you notice i mainly only come on the site after a Footballing event, mainly a Bolton one. 99% of my posts are football and Bolton related, yes i might repeat some points but i like to get my point across, now..... you my friend have just come and slated me just of reputation, nothing to do with football. When you start coming out with words like WUMage, it only means your either a spotty little teenager or a forum geek who has been around the block :wink:

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:17 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
East Lower wrote:
All three are probably mightily insulted to be linked with Sir Nut.....well, maybe not Natasha who's uninsultable..
Communist- Never heard of him, Big Sharps is actually a good poster so i sence this guy is a wum. Natasha- i wouldnt piss on her if she was on fire.