42 Million

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 am

Sir Nut wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
East Lower wrote:
Look here, Nut/Communist/Big Sharps/Natasha/whoever you are - each day you survive here you're giving WUMage a bad name. For the love of God, go!
All three are probably mightily insulted to be linked with Sir Nut.....well, maybe not Natasha who's uninsultable..
Communist- Never heard of him, Big Sharps is actually a good poster so i sence this guy is a wum. Natasha- i wouldnt piss on her if she was on fire.
If it is any consolation, I don't think that you are a wind up merchant.

I just think that you are a total bellend.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:43 pm

I think comparing Commie to Natasha and Nutty is a tad unfair!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:I think comparing Commie to Natasha and Nutty is a tad unfair!
This. Actually it is not unfair, it is absurd.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

I really think this should be moved to the politics thread, as its cast-iron proof that stupid initiatives like care in the community don't work. Or do. I s'pose its keeping him off the streets. Hmmm.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 42 Million

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 am

Sir Nut wrote:There was an article in the sun last week stating how much has been spent on each squad and if i can remember rightly we are 17th with the only teams that have spent less being Blackburn, Blackpool and West Brom (the entire squad). So everyone moaning about how much money we have spent should take a look at the facts. Also having players like Muamba, Cahill and Lee means we wont have to spend anything on these positions for a good 10 years. 42 million is cheap as hell and the squad we have now just after 2 seasons is worth way more than that and it will only increase!
You're asking us to look at figures quoted in the Sun and calling them facts?

If you can remember rightly, you might have remembered correctly.

If you can show any sort of correlation between the Sun and Burnden Leisure's actual (factual?) accounts then please lets hear it.

Otherwise stick to the tits on P3? you'll be in good company.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 pm

thebish wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
thebish wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:get off my balls please. You straw clutching kid!
he's on your balls clutching what you describe as a "straw"... sorry mate - maybe it'll grow one day - and, as they say, it isn't size, but what you do with it...
by 'they', do you mean 'every woman you've ever known intimately'? ;)
they've all been too breathless to say anything.... :wink:
Shouldn't we go to Monty for his, ahem, 'expertise' here....
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:There was an article in the sun last week stating how much has been spent on each squad and if i can remember rightly we are 17th with the only teams that have spent less being Blackburn, Blackpool and West Brom (the entire squad). So everyone moaning about how much money we have spent should take a look at the facts. Also having players like Muamba, Cahill and Lee means we wont have to spend anything on these positions for a good 10 years. 42 million is cheap as hell and the squad we have now just after 2 seasons is worth way more than that and it will only increase!

If you can show any sort of correlation between the Sun and Burnden Leisure's actual (factual?) accounts then please lets hear it.

:lol:

Sir Nut
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sir Nut » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

You my friend are a complete nice person! We can say that about everything, you know all them loan signings Big Sam did! have you included all the embarassing Bungs what made our club a laughing stock, you know them quotes you keep popping up with now and again from articles, can i get a voice recording from the actual person and a signature saying its him.

If its not the true figures why are clubs not sueing the Sun?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Sir Nut wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You my friend are a complete tw*t! We can say that about everything, you know all them loan signings Big Sam did! have you included all the embarassing Bungs what made our club a laughing stock, you know them quotes you keep popping up with now and again from articles, can i get a voice recording from the actual person and a signature saying its him.

Probably the same reason you aren't being sued for saying this. Not worth the effort. Jog on you WUM.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Sir Nut wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You my friend are a complete tw*t! We can say that about everything, you know all them loan signings Big Sam did! have you included all the embarassing Bungs what made our club a laughing stock, you know them quotes you keep popping up with now and again from articles, can i get a voice recording from the actual person and a signature saying its him.

I hope you have evidence of that...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Sir Crackpipe is merely pointing out yet another thing that Megson was f*cking useless at.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:40 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Sir Crackpipe is merely pointing out yet another thing that Megson was f*cking useless at.
This, my friend, is very funny.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 am

Sir Nut wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Let me get this right. Just to be sure.

How many bungs or otherwise shady dealings were Allardyce or Bolton found guilty of, either in a Court or by breach of FA or Prem League rules?

There's a different set of spending figures here.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

They're different than the Sun so why's no-one suing them? You may also notice that West Brom are quite high up in that table - someone there spent a shitload and couldn't even keep them in the division, because they're actually a shit manager. I'd be surprised if West Ham and Wigan weren't below us too. Although West Ham spend big, they've made some huge sales too. As have Wigan.

One thing you will notice, is that if you take off Megson's spending from Bolton's total, then Allardyce managing 4 top 8 finishes was pretty impressive on sod all transfer money. And before you bleat on any further, player wages went up whilst Megson was in charge (even as a proportion of Revenue)

I'm unsure of what point(s) you're actually trying to make in respect of Megson. Over the last couple of weeks, you've asked me to

a) Compare Megson's record of wins, to the last half of the season under Allardyce and been pointed to the fact that Megson never managed a better record in his last 18 games in any season.

b) Asked me to list the ages of the players we have, to find that whilst Megson's most regular 11 were half a year younger on average than Allardyce's, the squad he left was actually half a year older on average.

c) Blathered on generally about the same three signings - Cahill, Muamba and Lee, who I hope, should we sell them, we make a healthy profit on. However, Elmander, Cahill and Muamba cost more than Allardyce spent in his whole fecking time with the Club and we're already £2m down on Shittu. If you look at the total profit from players that played under Allardyce, it's about £10m. That doesn't take into account people like Davo, Stelios, Campo, Youri, Speedo, etc. that we got a good few years service out of, finishing in the top half of the division that cost us nowt.

So in summation, Allardyce made a profit and got us decent league placements (way above our spending power). Megson has this array of multi-million pound talent and couldn't get us higher than 14th - and left us in 18th. All points to being a bit shit to me.

I might be a complete tw*t, but at least tw*ts are useful, which is rather more than I can say for the complete crap you talk most of the time.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

How many bungs or otherwise shady dealings were Allardyce or Bolton found guilty of, either in a Court or by breach of FA or Prem League rules?

They're different than the Sun so why's no-one suing them? You may also notice that West Brom are quite high up in that table - someone there spent a shitload and couldn't even keep them in the division, because they're actually a shit manager. I'd be surprised if West Ham and Wigan weren't below us too. Although West Ham spend big, they've made some huge sales too. As have Wigan.

One thing you will notice, is that if you take off Megson's spending from Bolton's total, then Allardyce managing 4 top 8 finishes was pretty impressive on sod all transfer money. And before you bleat on any further, player wages went up whilst Megson was in charge (even as a proportion of Revenue)

I'm unsure of what point(s) you're actually trying to make in respect of Megson. Over the last couple of weeks, you've asked me to

a) Compare Megson's record of wins, to the last half of the season under Allardyce and been pointed to the fact that Megson never managed a better record in his last 18 games in any season.

b) Asked me to list the ages of the players we have, to find that whilst Megson's most regular 11 were half a year younger on average than Allardyce's, the squad he left was actually half a year older on average.

c) Blathered on generally about the same three signings - Cahill, Muamba and Lee, who I hope, should we sell them, we make a healthy profit on. However, Elmander, Cahill and Muamba cost more than Allardyce spent in his whole fecking time with the Club and we're already £2m down on Shittu. If you look at the total profit from players that played under Allardyce, it's about £10m. That doesn't take into account people like Davo, Stelios, Campo, Youri, Speedo, etc. that we got a good few years service out of, finishing in the top half of the division that cost us nowt.

So in summation, Allardyce made a profit and got us decent league placements (way above our spending power). Megson has this array of multi-million pound talent and couldn't get us higher than 14th - and left us in 18th. All points to being a bit shit to me.

I might be a complete tw*t, but at least tw*ts are useful, which is rather more than I can say for the complete crap you talk most of the time.
Hell Worthy I'm impressed, well impressed!

Maybe Megson will go away when the weed killer hits the fan :wink:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:02 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sir Nut wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Bravo!! :pray:

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 am

Sir Nut wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

If they're not Megson - Nutty doesn't like them!

Are you his son? As you mentioned 'getting your dad' on a few of us in the past :D

As for the bungs........BSA and twitchy Redknapp got 'done' on the BBC for it. And now both are being talked of as potential England managers when Fabio does the decent thing (and leaves, to build a house out of his earnings), so I'd argue that most people don't care about it.
Troll and proud of it.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 am

Redknapp has his trial coming up soon doesn't he?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:52 am

East Lower wrote:Redknapp has his trial coming up soon doesn't he?
I was thinking this on the way into work this morning. Talkshite are saying he's almost a shoe-in for the job as the FA want to 'go english' for the next manager.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
I was thinking this on the way into work this morning. Talkshite are saying he's almost a shoe-in for the job as the FA want to 'go english' for the next manager.
Back to the long-ball game then! We'd play nicer football with Big Sam in charge
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 am

boltonboris wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Back to the long-ball game then! We'd play nicer football with Big Sam in charge
Somehow I don't think thats true.