ARSENAL AWAY

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

AussieRob
Hopeful
Hopeful

ARSENAL AWAY

Post by AussieRob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Dont forget Arsenal away this weekend!!!!!!

We at Journeys Arsenal have a great offer for all Bolton Fans this weekend.

We are a 115 bed Hostel located just half a mile from Emirates, inside the Arsenal Tavern. We are a friendly bunch that like a laugh and offer all live games on 2 big screens and 6 large screen TV's. We also have 2 large bars and a rear garden. There is also a restaurant that provides good hearty home cooked meals.

For this weekend we are offering "the wanderers.co.uk fans" 2 nights accomodation (Friday & Saturday) plus a free continental breakfast for £28.95

So why not make a weekend of it

You can book either through

Hostelworld.com (http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetail ... dres/43092) or

Hostelbookers.com (www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/england/london/58376/) or

VisitJourneys.com (www.visitjourneys.com) or

you can email me directly at [email protected] or [email protected]

With the websites you just need to pay a small deposit (10%) if you email me directly then there is no deposit and payment will be due upon arrival.

Note: This is a special offer for Bolton fans only, so the price on the website will be discounted upon your arrival

Look forward to seeing you Saturday.

Cheers and Good luck Saturday

Rob Keeble
General Manager

ps. Oh i almost forgot, if you join our Facebook page, (Journeys London Arsenal) I will give you a further 25% discount and you can also book through there as well

Thanks
:davies: :goal:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:42 pm

wow you are so nice, i may come in just to say hello.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 pm

It is a cracking offer though! Won't be able to make this seasons tie due to finances being tight, but next year, I'll definitely be giving it a go
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:Won't be able to make this seasons tie due to being tight
:mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:It is a cracking offer though! Won't be able to make this seasons tie due to finances being tight, but next year, I'll definitely be giving it a go

Optimism that may have been absent this time last year...

:wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Won't be able to make this seasons tie due to being tight
:mrgreen:
It's the bank manager that's being tight!

Cheeky Coont! :wink:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: ARSENAL AWAY

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

AussieRob wrote:Dont forget Arsenal away this weekend!!!!!!

We are a 115 bed Hostel located just half a mile from Emirates, inside the Arsenal Tavern. We are a friendly bunch that like a laugh and offer all live games on 2 big screens and 6 large screen TV's. We also have 2 large bars and a rear garden. There is also a restaurant that provides good hearty home cooked meals.

For this weekend we are offering "the wanderers.co.uk fans" 2 nights accomodation (Friday & Saturday) plus a free continental breakfast for £28.95

With the websites you just need to pay a small deposit (10%) if you email me directly then there is no deposit and payment will be due upon arrival.

Note: This is a special offer for Bolton fans only, so the price on the website will be discounted upon your arrival

Rob Keeble
General Manager

ps. Oh i almost forgot, if you join our Facebook page, (Journeys London Arsenal) I will give you a further 25% discount and you can also book through there as well

Thanks
The Arsenal Tavern? FFS any Bolton fan lurking around the bottom end of Blackstock Road on matchday will get the livving crap kicked out of them. And 115 bed hostel doesn't mean bedroom. Beer £3 / £3-10 a pint, Food quite good and reasonable price but not in a nice area. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Gravedigger wrote:

Rob Keeble
General Manager

Thanks
The Arsenal Tavern? FFS any Bolton fan lurking around the bottom end of Blackstock Road on matchday will get the livving crap kicked out of them. And 115 bed hostel doesn't mean bedroom. Beer £3 / £3-10 a pint, Food quite good and reasonable price but not in a nice area. 8)
Never in a million years. I've stood on Finsbury Park (overground) before in my colours. As far as I could see I was the only White shirt in a sea of red. This was the Highbury game where we (I think) drew 1-1 after leading the game. Jerome Johnson made his debut and Campo was sent off late on. Anyway, it was a highly charged game (again) and I didn't hear a peep out of any Arsenal fans.

If you look for trouble you'll find it. You'd be very unlucky to be targetted for just walking down the street. IMHO

AussieRob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AussieRob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Gravedigger wrote:

Rob Keeble
General Manager

Thanks
Gravedigger .... there is absolutely no trouble here at the tavern and we pride ourselves on being friendly, the rooms are dorm accomodation and the area is fine.

The banter between Arsenal and Bolton is a good laugh and we are all looking forward to a great day

Rob Keeble

General Manager

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:18 pm

You'll note I did say bottom end of Blackstock Road and not Finsbury Park underground station. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

AussieRob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AussieRob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:

Rob Keeble
General Manager

Thanks
Never in a million years. I've stood on Finsbury Park (overground) before in my colours. As far as I could see I was the only White shirt in a sea of red. This was the Highbury game where we (I think) drew 1-1 after leading the game. Jerome Johnson made his debut and Campo was sent off late on. Anyway, it was a highly charged game (again) and I didn't hear a peep out of any Arsenal fans.

If you look for trouble you'll find it. You'd be very unlucky to be targetted for just walking down the street. IMHO
Cheers Gary, well said. If you are coming down the weekend, drop in and have a pint

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Gravedigger wrote:

not in my experience. what decade are you talking about?? the matchday experience at and around the Emirates is hardly a threat - most of them are sports tourists and far more interested in taking photos of each other by the canons or buying stuff in the Arsenal-Mart...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Gravedigger wrote:You'll note I did say bottom end of Blackstock Road and not Finsbury Park underground station. 8)
You'll note I did say Finsbury Park overground, not underground. Part of my journey to and from the Emirates and the old Highbury Stadiums involved walking along Blackstock Road. Never any bother, apart from the occasional sideways glance at the shirt and the odd muttered comment. I can deal with that.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:

not in my experience. what decade are you talking about?? the matchday experience at and around the Emirates is hardly a threat - most of them are sports tourists and far more interested in taking photos of each other by the canons or buying stuff in the Arsenal-Mart...
are you one of these canons? :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:26 pm

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:

are you one of these canons? :wink:
:D

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Gravedigger wrote:

Rob Keeble
General Manager

Thanks
gay
Troll and proud of it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:25 pm

as wrote: gay
slightly excessive quotage for a three-letter response!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:You'll note I did say bottom end of Blackstock Road and not Finsbury Park underground station. 8)
You'll note I did say Finsbury Park overground, not underground. Part of my journey to and from the Emirates and the old Highbury Stadiums involved walking along Blackstock Road. Never any bother, apart from the occasional sideways glance at the shirt and the odd muttered comment. I can deal with that.
I noted that you said Jerome Johnson.

Is he related to Jermaine? :D
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:14 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
I noted that you said Jerome Johnson.

Is he related to Jermaine? :D
I was trying sooooo hard not to type Jermaine Jackson. Shamone M*ther F*cker! :mrgreen: