January transfer window...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:If Nixon wrote it, he's probably on his way out. So don't lose too much sleep. Either that or Coyle wants to put a bit of pressure on to up the offer. And theres no way that Fenerbache are offering him more money than us.
Turkish clubs offer fortunes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fener offered twice what we offered.
Also Fernerbache are the richest of the Turkish clubs.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:36 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
East Lower wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:
jmjhb wrote:According to Nixon, Fenerbahce and Spartak Moscow are going to bid 3M for Elmander.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 24073.html
Am I overvaluing our Swede or does that sound like way too little? If Johan really wanted to leave then surely he would do the right thing by signing a new contract with us so that we can at least get a proper transfer fee.
I think you're overvaluing him. Big time. He only has a short time left on his contract, but the club will need to weigh up whether they want the cash now to spend on a replacement, or whether they'd chance keeping him and persuading him to sign a new deal further down the line.

I'd not rush into re-signing him, he's only done his job for about 20 games in the last 80 odd.
We'd get one shit-hot replacement striker for £3m, wouldn't we? Sounds like a real 30 goal-a-season man that.

We've no choice but to re-sign him as we can't afford to replace him. We know it, he knows it and most importantly his agent knows it. And this Fenerbahce nonsense is the start of him negotiating a nice pay rise for Elmander.
This is pretty much it. Whether you think it's fair or not, the club are going to look pretty silly if he walks away because we're asking him to take a big pay cut.

Still, there's always Dave Nugent.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
East Lower wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:
jmjhb wrote:According to Nixon, Fenerbahce and Spartak Moscow are going to bid 3M for Elmander.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 24073.html
Am I overvaluing our Swede or does that sound like way too little? If Johan really wanted to leave then surely he would do the right thing by signing a new contract with us so that we can at least get a proper transfer fee.
I think you're overvaluing him. Big time. He only has a short time left on his contract, but the club will need to weigh up whether they want the cash now to spend on a replacement, or whether they'd chance keeping him and persuading him to sign a new deal further down the line.

I'd not rush into re-signing him, he's only done his job for about 20 games in the last 80 odd.
We'd get one shit-hot replacement striker for £3m, wouldn't we? Sounds like a real 30 goal-a-season man that.

We've no choice but to re-sign him as we can't afford to replace him. We know it, he knows it and most importantly his agent knows it. And this Fenerbahce nonsense is the start of him negotiating a nice pay rise for Elmander.
This is pretty much it. Whether you think it's fair or not, the club are going to look pretty silly if he walks away because we're asking him to take a big pay cut.

Still, there's always Dave Nugent.
Haha, please.. no :wink:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Tombwfc wrote:This is pretty much it. Whether you think it's fair or not, the club are going to look pretty silly if he walks away because we're asking him to take a big pay cut.
We would look silly if he goes on to score shedloads at another Premier League team. We would look brilliant if he goes back to Denmark and scored 3 goals a season. We'll be somewhere in the middle if he gets a decent return in the Turkish League. It's up to Coyle to decide which scenario is more likely. For me, it would be a mistake to offer him a new contract at this point. We've seen these bursts of goals from him before only to be let down. Giving him a new contract now would have been like giving Tamir Cohen a new contract at this time last year; thank God we didn't.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:This is pretty much it. Whether you think it's fair or not, the club are going to look pretty silly if he walks away because we're asking him to take a big pay cut.
We would look silly if he goes on to score shedloads at another Premier League team. We would look brilliant if he goes back to Denmark and scored 3 goals a season. We'll be somewhere in the middle if he gets a decent return in the Turkish League. It's up to Coyle to decide which scenario is more likely. For me, it would be a mistake to offer him a new contract at this point. We've seen these bursts of goals from him before only to be let down. Giving him a new contract now would have been like giving Tamir Cohen a new contract at this time last year; thank God we didn't.
You work in HR don't you? Either that or the Diplomatic Corps.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
East Lower wrote:
thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:
Maybe not, but in his starts he hasn't come anywhere near, including the three at weekend.
is hitting the post now classed as nowhere near?
Considering his positioning when he hit it (and the first one), I'd like to think he was very disappointed not to score. If our non-left footed captain can score from further out, I'd expect someone with a supposedly cultured left peg to have buried that one.
Our captains goal didn;t come from the ball dropping from 20 yards in the sky! It was a difficult chance and one that, had it gone in, would have been classed as a 'wonderstrike'
Considering who it was, a lot of people on here would have called it 'lucky'. He could have smashed it, but then the chances of it hitting the upper tier, considering how far the ball was dropping from, were considerably more, offering further abuse. He did well to control the ball as much as he did in order to sidefoot it with enough pace on it to be considered a shot. And, considering his positioning (as good as central to the goal) he was closer to the goal with it than almost any other player on the pitch would have got.

Besides, Taylor's contribution to Saturday stretched beyond a handful of missed chances. His decision not to cross and use Cahill's great movement to help set up the second goal showed some great decision making, and I'd wager a guess that he won more second balls in the Spurs half than most of the Spurs players.

On the other side of the coin, I'd say that he does give the ball away more than a lot of others, and that he seems scared to take defenders on. He's not exactly a world beater, but he certainly doesn't the deserve the relentless stick he gets. He's an adequate Premiership player.
Also, did I imagine it, or did he not play a major role in all three of our goals when he was on the pitch? Petrov wouldn't have been anywhere near the one he missed in the first minute, equally Taylor would have been about 40 yards behind Davo for the fourth. They're both good players, both different options. The idea Taylor is 'shit' is exactly that of us needing somebody to boo.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
East Lower wrote:
thebish wrote: is hitting the post now classed as nowhere near?
Considering his positioning when he hit it (and the first one), I'd like to think he was very disappointed not to score. If our non-left footed captain can score from further out, I'd expect someone with a supposedly cultured left peg to have buried that one.
Our captains goal didn;t come from the ball dropping from 20 yards in the sky! It was a difficult chance and one that, had it gone in, would have been classed as a 'wonderstrike'
Considering who it was, a lot of people on here would have called it 'lucky'. He could have smashed it, but then the chances of it hitting the upper tier, considering how far the ball was dropping from, were considerably more, offering further abuse. He did well to control the ball as much as he did in order to sidefoot it with enough pace on it to be considered a shot. And, considering his positioning (as good as central to the goal) he was closer to the goal with it than almost any other player on the pitch would have got.

Besides, Taylor's contribution to Saturday stretched beyond a handful of missed chances. His decision not to cross and use Cahill's great movement to help set up the second goal showed some great decision making, and I'd wager a guess that he won more second balls in the Spurs half than most of the Spurs players.

On the other side of the coin, I'd say that he does give the ball away more than a lot of others, and that he seems scared to take defenders on. He's not exactly a world beater, but he certainly doesn't the deserve the relentless stick he gets. He's an adequate Premiership player.
Also, did I imagine it, or did he not play a major role in all three of our goals when he was on the pitch? Petrov wouldn't have been anywhere near the one he missed in the first minute, equally Taylor would have been about 40 yards behind Davo for the fourth. They're both good players, both different options. The idea Taylor is 'shit' is exactly that of us needing somebody to boo.
I've begun to notice that about his game as well. He seems to have good positioning and ability to read the game. He does things Petrov can't, who does things Taylor can't. It's not a bad thing to be spoilt for choice. It certainly would be a nice to have a LW who could fulfill the role of both, but how much would he cost?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 pm

SonsOfThunder wrote:It certainly would be a nice to have a LW who could fulfill the role of both, but how much would he cost?
I believe Tottenham Hotspur in the UK have such a player called Gareth Bale - or something similar, with media valuations running as high as £50m. Can't comment myself as I've not seen him do much in a live game.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
tamir cohen's pretty good. he gave yankee doodle a better contract when he were injured.

if we dont offer tossmander a contract we're wasting more money , and the ginger bastard will get more stick for signing him in the first place, sign him up yesterday.

goals have little to do with it.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:31 am

a1 wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
tamir cohen's pretty good. he gave yankee doodle a better contract when he were injured.

if we dont offer tossmander a contract we're wasting more money , and the ginger bastard will get more stick for signing him in the first place, sign him up yesterday.

goals have little to do with it.
at what??

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:09 pm

At playing statues.

Everyone has to have noticed how much more mobile front-to-back we've become since shite like him were relegated to cone duty, no?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm

i'm not saying he's a world beater.

he might be the new scapegoat though.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:17 pm

a1 wrote:i'm not saying he's a world beater.

and the idea of the scapegoat was/is a Jewish notion...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Why can't shite footballers just be shite footballers? What the hell am I scapegoating him for? For being shite? I thought scapegoats took the blame for others? I'm saying he's shite.

Doesn't that just make him a shitegoat?

Wouldn't surprise me, I bet he's rubbish at being a goat too.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Why can't shite footballers just be shite footballers? What the hell am I scapegoating him for? For being shite? I thought scapegoats took the blame for others? I'm saying he's shite.

Doesn't that just make him a shitegoat?

Wouldn't surprise me, I bet he's rubbish at being a goat too.

you're taking a lot of things personally recently! time of the month?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:46 pm

1) Who is scapegoating him by saying he's shite, under the "you can't just knock unspecific generalisations about" rule, then?
2)It semed like a failry straightforward reply to a failry straightforward post.

And none of this is making him less shite, FYI.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

i was comparing elmander being offered a new contract with stuart being offered his.

cohen wasnt offered a new improved one when he scored the 3, 4 goals in 8 games (or whatever it was) but if he had been it wouldve been the same kinda situation, its not nesseseraly (sp?) the end of the world to offer improved terms to someone playing well , we did it with holden to stop him doing one.

doing that with cohen at that time wouldnt have been "wasteful" , i've vague memories of improved terms being mooted and sorted anyway (might be making this up).

saving a few quid on cohen is no justification to not giving elmander a contract incase he's shite in the future.

or why not give cohen a new contract because holden got one ?

its not really comparable. and our owen wants elmander's sorted out as soon as , from what ive read. from what ive seen he's right too.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:1) Who is scapegoating him by saying he's shite, under the "you can't just knock unspecific generalisations about" rule, then?
2)It semed like a failry straightforward reply to a failry straightforward post.

And none of this is making him less shite, FYI.
ok LK - chill - no offense intended. you just don't seem your normal chirpy self is all... carry on.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 am

a1 wrote:i'm not saying he's a world beater.

Change the record

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:50 am

Santiago Gentilleti is being tracked by Bolton Wanderers.

The Sun says Bolton want £2million-rated Argentinos ace Santiago Gentilleti.

The defender, 25, admitted: "I'd love to play in Europe."
sounds like a done deal then! (they even spelled his name wrong..)

he's a centre-back... hmmmmmmmmmm...

when was the last time we had a player with a moustache?