January transfer window...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

January transfer window...

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 pm

8) Because it is never too early for transfer speculation!!
Skysports.com understands a host of Premier League clubs are tracking Barnsley star Adam Hammill.

The former Liverpool youngster has enjoyed a fine start to the season and was outstanding in Tuesday's win over Leeds having a hand in all five of the Tykes' goals.

Barnsley boss Mark Robins has conceded he expects to lose the skilful winger to the Premier League in the future with a number of clubs keeping tabs on his progress at Oakwell.

The 22-year-old is understood to have a clause in his contract allowing him to join any club for £500,000 and this has alerted a number of his suitors.

West Brom, Bolton and Blackpool have all been credited with an admiration for Hammill and they could firm up their interest in the player in the January transfer window.

Several other Premier League clubs are also thought to be keeping a watching brief on Hammill and, if he continues his impressive form, Barnsley could face a real battle to hang onto the exciting midfielder.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Wow, he scores one or two flukey goals and then he's linked with giants such as West Brom and Blackpool.

It's the 'have all been credited....' bit that I have trouble with - how do these people know?

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Re: January transfer window...

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 pm

thebish wrote:8) Because it is never too early for transfer speculation!!
Skysports.com understands a host of Premier League clubs are tracking Barnsley star Adam Hammill.

The former Liverpool youngster has enjoyed a fine start to the season and was outstanding in Tuesday's win over Leeds having a hand in all five of the Tykes' goals.

Barnsley boss Mark Robins has conceded he expects to lose the skilful winger to the Premier League in the future with a number of clubs keeping tabs on his progress at Oakwell.

The 22-year-old is understood to have a clause in his contract allowing him to join any club for £500,000 and this has alerted a number of his suitors.

West Brom, Bolton and Blackpool have all been credited with an admiration for Hammill and they could firm up their interest in the player in the January transfer window.

Several other Premier League clubs are also thought to be keeping a watching brief on Hammill and, if he continues his impressive form, Barnsley could face a real battle to hang onto the exciting midfielder.
I can't wait for the January 2051 window - because it'll mean I've reached 100

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm

East Lower wrote:Wow, he scores one or two flukey goals and then he's linked with giants such as West Brom and Blackpool.

It's the 'have all been credited....' bit that I have trouble with - how do these people know?
In the authors Champ Man game, when he clicks on Hamill, he goes onto his profile, then clicks the 'Transfer' tab. It then shows that Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves and West Brom are interested. So he goes to work and sticks it on the internet.

It also tells him that Hamill is "Unsettled with recent speculation" and it adds more weight to his 'story'

Simple
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:
East Lower wrote:Wow, he scores one or two flukey goals and then he's linked with giants such as West Brom and Blackpool.

In the authors Champ Man game, when he clicks on Hamill, he goes onto his profile, then clicks the 'Transfer' tab. It then shows that Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves and West Brom are interested. So he goes to work and sticks it on the internet.

It also tells him that Hamill is "Unsettled with recent speculation" and it adds more weight to his 'story'

Simple
:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Simple
The other option is that they have omitted, after "credited", "(by me)".

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Bruno3 wrote: I can't wait for the January 2051 window - because it'll mean I've reached 100
You old git. I'll only be 98! :?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Bruno3 wrote: I can't wait for the January 2051 window - because it'll mean I've reached 100
84 8) you pair of old Bastards!

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
clapton is god wrote:
My wife takes eception to me being called an old git and an old bastard - she says you've missed the word "miserable" out

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
clapton is god wrote:
Haha, you old farts - I'll still be working, I'll only be 60!!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 pm

One things for sure, OC will only bring in players he believes can improve this football club

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:33 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
clapton is god wrote:
Haha, you old farts - I'll still be working, I'll only be 60!!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:57 pm

We were linked with Hammill before he moved to Barnsley.

I have absolutely no idea how or why I remember this shit.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Tombwfc wrote:We were linked with Hammill before he moved to Barnsley.

I have absolutely no idea how or why I remember this shit.
Nerdyisum? no cure you know!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
thebish wrote:8) Because it is never too early for transfer speculation!!

I can't wait for the January 2051 window - because it'll mean I've reached 100
I don't think Bish will be around to start the thread for us then though... :?

I'll be a spritely 73 !

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:50 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote: I don't think Bish will be around to start the thread for us then though... :?

I'll be a spritely 73 !
indeed not - I'd be 183 years old...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm going to get in early with a Veloso unsettled at Roma rumour.

I'll be 87

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'm going to get in early with a Veloso unsettled at Roma rumour.

I'll be 87
or Genoa ? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'm going to get in early with a Veloso unsettled at Roma rumour.
what's his price down to now?? what with Citeh not being interested anymore...

he's being talked about as a left-back for portugal..
Last edited by thebish on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:

I'll be 87
or Genoa ? :conf:
He unsettled there too? Feck - nailed on signing... :oops: