Kevin Davies, the new England centre forward

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Kevin Davies, the new England centre forward

Post by jimmy gallego » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Kevin Davies, the new England centre forward!

How long has it taken for the collective morons ( southern bastards ) to realise that Kevin Davies is THE best English forward in the land. He has pulverised any number of 'defenders' : Mathew Upson being the best example, but not the only one. Since Owen Coyle has decided to support him, with the talents of Elmander, Lee and Holden, his wonderful talents, which we all knew existed, have been brought to others attention - the press (bastards) have now started to describe him as no longer a pub footballer ( which he never was ), but a forceful presence.

We all were aware that Emile Heskey was a joke performer, not an inch, not a millimetre close to Kevin's abilities: at the end of the day, I'm sure Kev will spend the whole experience sat on his arse as a sub.
jimmy gallego

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Amen.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

wonka
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wonka » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Fantastic. Great to know that after many years he can at least say he's been in the England squad. It's the very least he deserves.
... of course I may just be talking bo11ocks

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 pm

So pleased, so very pleased for him. Well done Kev!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Already seen plenty of people knocking his selection, but I'm sure the heathens will soon be swayed.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Already seen plenty of people knocking his selection, but I'm sure the heathens will soon be swayed.
Who cares?

F*ck 'em, Kevs one of us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Already seen plenty of people knocking his selection, but I'm sure the heathens will soon be swayed.
It's because he doesn't play for them. If he did he'd be hailed a hero.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
It's because he doesn't play for them. If he did he'd be hailed a hero.
In fairness, it's actually a Kettering Town fan who has been most vocal in his disapproval of SKD's selection, but I know what you mean.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Kettering Town fan?

What the f*ck would he know?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 am

Can we unban Sir Nut just for this thread!

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 am

DJBlu wrote:Can we unban Sir Nut just for this thread!
I second this motion! :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 am

DJBlu wrote:Can we unban Sir Nut just for this thread!
I thought he was the bloke I saw climbing a tree with a rope in his hand last night!

Get in there nutter!!! I hope Davo plays, bags a brace, brings looney back to form, then we unban Sir nut :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:24 am

Paul Scerri says...
Kevin Davies is Quality! Then again as a West Ham fan I know that because he scores against us every season - Good luck to him!

Posted 15:47 4th October 2010

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:59 am

Well at least he's not delusional like the rest of them.

farnworth scum
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by farnworth scum » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:36 am

On twitter (sad I know) its mostly Arsenal fans moaning about Super Kevs call up, they dont like us much do they! :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am

I love how this has enraged certain members of the Southern press. That alone makes it all seem worthwhile.

I'm a bit torn on this anyways....

Its great for Davies and he deserves it for all the hard work he's put in.

However calling people up at 33 rarely proves fruitful, so he'll still be unlikely to get a cap and might risk him losing his Bolton focus (though I doubt it). But I can see why plenty of England fans are saying that its a bit of a waste of time calling him up now, should have been 4-5 years ago.

He deserves a chance and this is great recognition for him. But from an England point of view it really doesn't make a lot of sense in my view.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:26 am

Edward Sheringham? I think he could do a job for a couple of years, cos he's not had pace since his Chesterfield days.

BTW, am I getting confused, or did he win goal of the season when he was at Southampton about 12 years ago (I seem to remember him running half the length of the field, beating six men then slotting home)?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Edward Sheringham? I think he could do a job for a couple of years, cos he's not had pace since his Chesterfield days.

BTW, am I getting confused, or did he win goal of the season when he was at Southampton about 12 years ago (I seem to remember him running half the length of the field, beating six men then slotting home)?
Sheringham played for England well before his 30's though.

I've no doubt Kev can do a job but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense having a player who's never been in a squad before brought in at 33 when you're really planning for 2 years time. Davies will still be going then I hope and yes his game doesn't rely on pace but realistically what are the chances of him going? Whereas someone younger who perhaps isn't quite "ready" now might be if given the experience in a couple of years.

Bungle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bungle » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Edward Sheringham? I think he could do a job for a couple of years, cos he's not had pace since his Chesterfield days.

I've no doubt Kev can do a job but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense having a player who's never been in a squad before brought in at 33 when you're really planning for 2 years time. Davies will still be going then I hope and yes his game doesn't rely on pace but realistically what are the chances of him going? Whereas someone younger who perhaps isn't quite "ready" now might be if given the experience in a couple of years.
Why plan for 2 years time?
If we don't win our qualifying games we won't be going the championships anyway.
For me you live for today, pick your best team/squad at your disposal for each match.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:59 am

Bungle wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Why plan for 2 years time?
If we don't win our qualifying games we won't be going the championships anyway.
For me you live for today, pick your best team/squad at your disposal for each match.
Which is one way of looking at it. The other is that unless England start planning for major tournaments properly they're always going to underperform when it comes to the crunch.