Mark Davies (sparky)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

1andOnlyWanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Mark Davies (sparky)

Post by 1andOnlyWanderers » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Good to see Mark Davies enjoying his weekend off back in his home town smashed out his brains at 2am in the morning (again),
For someone who has got so much talent what a waste......

Thanks a million (or two)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Eh? He's entitled to a weekend off. If he fancies going out till that time he's a grown man. Plus it certainly doesn't seem to affect his performance when he pulls on a white shirt
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Having been at Wolves he was only ever going to be a squader anyways.

Thanks though.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Mate of mine's a copper. Tells this story. There's a call to come to Barracuda bar in Bolton one night, there's some rowdiness going on. Get's there. Mark Davies is stood on a table waving a wad of notes about saying "look at me, I got loadsa money"

'kin footballers

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:05 pm

"The King Of WS1" does like a drink!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Mate of mine's a copper. Tells this story. There's a call to come to Barracuda bar in Bolton one night, there's some rowdiness going on. Get's there. Mark Davies is stood on a table waving a wad of notes about saying "look at me, I got loadsa money"

'kin footballers
He was in Barracuda? I hope this was at the start of the night, definitely not the best bar around...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Unless there is some unbelievably shocking story behind this I couldn't give a toss. We had no game on, lads been playing pretty well when used this season and he is young free and single (I assume). He can do what he wants within reason! I'd do the same.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Unless there is some unbelievably shocking story behind this I couldn't give a toss. We had no game on, lads been playing pretty well when used this season and he is young free and single (I assume). He can do what he wants within reason! I'd do the same.
This
Pfffft.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Well (ahem) allegedly

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:48 am

TKIZ! wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Unless there is some unbelievably shocking story behind this I couldn't give a toss. We had no game on, lads been playing pretty well when used this season and he is young free and single (I assume). He can do what he wants within reason! I'd do the same.
This
Not sure about that. I'm all for him going about enjoying himself, but pissed out of his head giving it the big I am...? He's at the age, and ability, where attitude decides whether or not he makes it. That is of course all assuming the wildest of these rumours are true. There is a very good chance they aren't.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 am

Getting sloppy drunk affects your mood and your physical well being for days. I'd hope it doesn't happen too often.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

TKIZ! wrote:
This
And if you were both players you'd not even be allowed to polish boots in any team I was manager of!!! Kinda suggests why mini Davo is only a bit part player, less booze and he might get that edge that means he is a first 11 player and not a splinterpicker and he might just might follow super Davo into the England setup one day.
Kids!!! no feckin brains they cannot see further than the bottom of a bottle :twisted:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 am

Prufrock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
This
Not sure about that. I'm all for him going about enjoying himself, but pissed out of his head giving it the big I am...? He's at the age, and ability, where attitude decides whether or not he makes it. That is of course all assuming the wildest of these rumours are true. There is a very good chance they aren't.
What Pru said. The difference between a player making it and not is often not talent or ability but their mental attitude.

Drinking alcohol no matter when will have a negative effect on a players performance. Even just one pint here or there will have some negative impact. Going on benders is just totally stupid and probably if people really really want to know why English football is in the shit this is one of the major reasons.

Do the Spanish national players go on "benders" every so often, or are they just a little more intelligent than your average English numpty? Certainly seems that way looking from the outside.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:00 am

I remember years ago being in the Gaiety Bar (remeber that?); and seeing Frank Worthington and Peter Reid completely bolloxed. It was a Fri night/sat morning before playing (I think it was QPR??? long time ago). 3 o'clock later that afternoon, you wouldn't have thought they were the same people. Nothing was reported, I don't know if the club found out or not, but when I read stories of a footballer being 'caught' out on the lash, particularly when there's no game for over a week, it makes me p*ss. Don't agree with the big billy bo**ox thing tho', if that's true.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
This
What Pru said. The difference between a player making it and not is often not talent or ability but their mental attitude.

Drinking alcohol no matter when will have a negative effect on a players performance. Even just one pint here or there will have some negative impact. Going on benders is just totally stupid and probably if people really really want to know why English football is in the shit this is one of the major reasons.

Do the Spanish national players go on "benders" every so often, or are they just a little more intelligent than your average English numpty? Certainly seems that way looking from the outside.
I have to agree with Pru & Insane.

It's fine & dandy saying wtf, he's a private man in his own time, but it doesn't show well for the sort of professionalism that is demanded and, all in all, should be avoided in my view.

IF it's remotely true, btw.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 am

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
This

I have to agree with Pru & Insane.

It's fine & dandy saying wtf, he's a private man in his own time, but it doesn't show well for the sort of professionalism that is demanded and, all in all, should be avoided in my view.

IF it's remotely true, btw.
My point more than anything was, we don't know if it's true. If he's giving it the big 'I am' then alright it's not really professional but he's not the first and he won't be the last footballer to do that.
Pfffft.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 am

Isn't this a reputation that has followed him from Wolves. Just hope it doesn't interfere with his real job and is just letting off some steam.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I've heard that he's not the only one who likes a regular bender or two

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
This

Where's the video of the Mitchell and Webb 'I reckon' sketch?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Martin Samuels borrowed it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.