Enter the Piedome. Two men enter, one man leaves.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Enter the Piedome. Two men enter, one man leaves.

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Match thread is go
Pfffft.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I don't think I've wanted us to win a match as much for ages, really want us to stick one up the goddamn pies. What the fook are they still doing in this league?

We've had precious little success in derby matches in the last couple of seasons. We've got a good home draw against Man Utd and I really want to stick one up these buggers

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Next two matches could see us going places or back in the pack. Depends on which Wanderers team and which Pies team turn up. Play like we did against West Brom and United, and we could get something.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Agreed with the two comments above, got a Wiggin fan at work and he's a decent enough chap but I would love us to win to see his face Monday morning
Pfffft.

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Might be coming to this game with a City fan. Where will most of the Bolton fans be drinking pre-match?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 pm

They still set aside that place under the stand fro Wanderers fans don't they? A bit like the fanzone?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 pm

In lieu of another tired in-joke, is Van Kirkland playing?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Aquaplane?
Pfffft.

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 pm

On one sport in Wigan and it's not football, we're going to win this :wink:
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:05 pm

we're clearly dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed...

nothing to see here...

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Odelay wrote:Might be coming to this game with a City fan. Where will most of the Bolton fans be drinking pre-match?
Generally, its more sensible to avoid Wiggin pubs

There's history

If you do want a drink, try the Red Robin right near the ground
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:33 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Odelay wrote:Might be coming to this game with a City fan. Where will most of the Bolton fans be drinking pre-match?

There's history

Long gone are the days when we'd buy Merrydown from the triangular offy just by the gound at 10:00 in the morning then slide down the mud banking in the away end. Of course, there are knobbers now that complain because it's a little bit crushed on the concourse. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:37 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I don't think I've wanted us to win a match as much for ages, really want us to stick one up the goddamn pies. What the fook are they still doing in this league?
We've had precious little success in derby matches in the last couple of seasons. We've got a good home draw against Man Utd and I really want to stick one up these buggers
A lot of "people who know football" say the same thing about us so lets not be too churlish on the subject and lets also not tempt fate too much.

Wigan has always been a difficult away ground for us, in fact they have also done quite well against us at the Reebok as well, as they usually raise their game when playing "the big boys from next door". So a draw would be a good result even if we should win on paper, Oops there goes that fate tempting again. :shock:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:24 am

Sorry. I forget that the placing of tongue in cheek whistles above Oz folk

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:46 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:

There's history

Town centre pubs will be full of Wanderers, usually go in that 'spoons on the high street. never been that much trouble - pubs tend to lock you in if theres a whiff of bother on its way.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 am

FaninOz wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:I don't think I've wanted us to win a match as much for ages, really want us to stick one up the goddamn pies. What the fook are they still doing in this league?
A lot of "people who know football" say the same thing about us so lets not be too churlish on the subject and lets also not tempt fate too much.

Wigan has always been a difficult away ground for us, in fact they have also done quite well against us at the Reebok as well, as they usually raise their game when playing "the big boys from next door". So a draw would be a good result even if we should win on paper, Oops there goes that fate tempting again. :shock:
What are you on about?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 am

East Lower wrote:
FaninOz wrote:

What are you on about?
People in glass houses, etc, etc.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:08 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Sorry. I forget that the placing of tongue in cheek whistles above Oz folk
Can't see any tongues or cheeks in your post mate! Nor any emoticons or anything similar. Sorry if I missed the obvious hidden meaning! :?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

FaninOz wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:Sorry. I forget that the placing of tongue in cheek whistles above Oz folk
Can't see any tongues or cheeks in your post mate! Nor any emoticons or anything similar. Sorry if I missed the obvious hidden meaning! :?
If there was a "tongue in cheek" emoticon, wouldn't it just look like the person using it was offering someone oral, and then there'd a even more confusion and offence?
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 am

Would love a win this weekend. Good for morale, mine that is.