Bolton v Liverpool Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Regarding the anonimity of Liverpool players I made that comment on the 606 message board (I know, I've only got myself to blame) and was roundly chastised by Scousers saying 'Maxi's played 40 odd times for the Argies'and so on.

I still say though that Gerrard, Torres apart you'd fail to recognise a Liverpool player if you passed him in the street.

You might give Kuyt a double take but only because you'd mistake him for post fireball Nikki Lauder.

Liverpool players used to be household names now they're a bunch on non-descript journeymen. Ngog, Kryiakos, Lucas these aren't 'Liverpool' players.

Gud. The more things that go wrong at Anfield the better let's hope we can keep the ball rolling.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:we'll shit em.

I dont know any of their players anymore, is that Gerrard Stevens or whatever still playing for them?
No he's rightfully in jail for assaulting a barman
Actually, sorry. I slipped into an alternate universe when footy players were bound by the same laws as normal non-£100k a week folk

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:57 pm

:pissed: Liverpool are well groggy, on the ropes and awaiting that KO Punch. The way we've been playing we can win this game. My only worry is Torres tearing through the middle like Rodalega did at the w/end; we have a tendency to get caught out too much like that at the mo. I was going to say 2-1, but with Carragher hot on the heels of Dunne as most prolific scorer of own goals in the prem, I'll go for 3-1.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm

SonsOfThunder wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:---------Jussi---------

Ricketts--Cahill--Knight--Robinson

---------Muamba-----

Lee--Mavis--Holden--Moreno

---------SKD---------

What say ye? Elmo on for Muamba as an impact sub when/if needed.
We want to drop our top goalscorer? For a game against a side who haven't been playing at all well and are there for the taking? And we moaned incessantly about Megson being too negative?
I say...WTF???
I hardly think there's anything negative about the formation I posted; you have a point about Elmo's goalscoring form but I'd rather drop him than SKD. And I'd definitely bring him on around 60 minutes in.
I agree that the formation itself, with 2 attacking(ish) midfielders isn't negative in and of itself, but dropping a striker to stick in an extra midfielder, one who hasn't been doing THAT much recently anyway, just smacks of caution.
And I can think of at least one man who would have been absolutely crucified for doing it...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

thebish wrote:we'll get utterly dicked.
Didn't we slightly all think the same against the Urinals?
Pfffft.

pete101
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pete101 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 pm

They're their for the taking, defensively they're amongst the worst in the league and with no confidence I can see us putting a few past em. 4-1 and 'sacked in the morning' ringing round the Reebok for the last half hour.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:41 pm

pete101 wrote:They're their for the taking, defensively they're amongst the worst in the league and with no confidence I can see us putting a few past em. 4-1 and 'sacked in the morning' ringing round the Reebok for the last half hour.
That'll bring back a few unpleasant memories.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:44 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
It's thebish's superstition, that's all. he has to say we're doomed or we'll lose, it seems...

He probably has to wear a tie-dye cassock and eat a wafer at half time as well...

pete101
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pete101 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
pete101 wrote:They're their for the taking, defensively they're amongst the worst in the league and with no confidence I can see us putting a few past em. 4-1 and 'sacked in the morning' ringing round the Reebok for the last half hour.
That'll bring back a few unpleasant memories.
True! A Reebok favourite from 2007 to jan 2009, just goes to show how quickly things can change in football.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 pm

William the White wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
It's thebish's superstition, that's all. he has to say we're doomed or we'll lose, it seems...

He probably has to wear a tie-dye cassock and eat a wafer at half time as well...

nahh - it's just to balance William's rosy-cheeked optimism...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Really looking forward to this - I fancy us to do both this shower of shit and Spuds the week after. Would love to see young Rodrigo running at Konchesky.....

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 pm

I'm getting really keyed up about this game now. Liverpool's defence is complete shite and if we get stuck into them they'll fold like a pack of cards.

Get a few high balls in the box to test Reina and have SKD whacking him in the ribs a few times.

My only concern is keeping the ball away from Torres, despite his lack of form so far we all know that counts for nothing when you're facing the Wanderers.

If I was doing the team talk for this game I'd say the following.

'...right lads listen. I fecking hate these scouse bastards. Now get out there and rip 'em to fecking pieces.'

That should do the trick.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Not too sure about this one, think Liverpool could be 'bouncing back' ever so slightly?

1 - 1 with Petrov scoring.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Tough one to call this, could consult that psychic octopus...

Oh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm

P.O.S. wrote:Tough one to call this, could consult that psychic octopus...

Oh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050
Nice write up, by the way. An enjoyable read!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Surely we can't keep drawing games?

Hope we have a go at them anyway as they are as vulnerable as we will have ever played a Liverpool team, perhaps since Deano prodded one home from 20 yards anyway...

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Surely we can't keep drawing games?

Hope we have a go at them anyway as they are as vulnerable as we will have ever played a Liverpool team, perhaps since Deano prodded one home from 20 yards anyway...
Ah, what a night! I remember feeling actually scared before the match about the thought of Michael Owen ripping us to shreds. Bruno had him in his pocket!

Speaking of Liverpool home games in recent past... that moment Campo scored his first goal for us and celebrated like he already loved the place, oh yes!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Surely we can't keep drawing games?
you're right - pretty soon we'll start losing them...

dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed, I say...

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=265503.0

Looks like we're getting credit for our progress under OC
The Voice Of Reason

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 am

Sign o' the times there on RAWK. They're looking at Bolton away as a 'crucial' game and they're not expecting anything other than tough game with their fingers crossed for a win.

They're running scared already.

twitter @thetonycoffey