Wanderers V Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Feck sake boys, we can't be satisfied with this Europa League rubbish...only bee's dick away from the champs league :)

Very happy to see the table with us sitting in 5th, and 7 points from 3 matches in a week aint nothing to be sneezed at (2 of them away from home no less)!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:01 pm

WATOAOW!!! COME ON YOU WHITES!!! :D :D :D
Last edited by William the White on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Phew! I can stop pacing back and forth now.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Do for me. My F5 key is worn away from keep refreshing, but at least I saw all the game. Winning away is never easy and they had the work to do. Not good conceeding but we were defending the lead. Thought the defence did pretty well for most of the game, Holden was great again, Elmander's goa; drool time. Davies utterly man-handled in the most blatant fashion and got nowt. Great to see whistling Mick kicking things about. Well done the Whites, securing our position top end. Good day. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:04 pm

feck me why do we do that to ourselves????

it could have been just about any score you care to mention!!!

that feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels good - like you know that it should!!! :pissed:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:04 pm

brill result

holden different class mandy's goal out of this world

i dont think we have to worry about mandy cahill being sold in jan it's holden i am worried about top player

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Do for me. My F5 key is worn away from keep refreshing, but at least I saw all the game. Winning away is never easy and they had the work to do. Not good conceeding but we were defending the lead. Thought the defence did pretty well for most of the game, Holden was great again, Elmander's goa; drool time. Davies utterly man-handled in the most blatant fashion and got nowt. Great to see whistling Mick kicking things about. Well done the Whites, securing our position top end. Good day. :mrgreen:

spot on Tangster! :pissed:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:08 pm

The BBC round up
Stoke entertain Liverpool in the final Premier League game of the day after Man Utd fight back to draw at Aston Villa, Spurs beat Blackburn, Wolves win at Bolton and Man City are held by Birmingham.
:shock:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Really needed that 4th goal to put the game to bed.Jarvis did give Ricketts a torrid time but he's done that to plenty fullbacks this season.Steinsson would probably have given him a good kick early on.Reckon this wanderers team is playing the best football |I've seen from the whites at this level. If we hadn't thrown so many points away late on we'd be 2nd.Owen Coyle,fecking genius

Spartan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spartan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Why do we do this? we consistently go infront 1,2,3 goals and then make a meal of it/mess it up. I'm more nervous when we score than at any other time in the game and the more we score the more likely it is for the opposition to score! We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!

We have had a lead and been clawed back in 6 of the last 8, losing 6 points as result.

Man utd
WBA
Stoke
Totenham
Everton
Wolves

If it was first goal wins we'd probably win the league.
Nach dem Spiel ist vor dem Spiel.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:The BBC round up
Stoke entertain Liverpool in the final Premier League game of the day after Man Utd fight back to draw at Aston Villa, Spurs beat Blackburn, Wolves win at Bolton and Man City are held by Birmingham.
:shock:
You have obviously intercepted Mick Mcarthy's e-mail to his Mum.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Spartan wrote:We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!
Aye, it was only a Premiership team who are in form we were playing and took three points off, and not even on our own ground at that. Disgraceful. :roll:

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:16 pm

CarlosHernandez wrote:Feck sake boys, we can't be satisfied with this Europa League rubbish...only bee's dick away from the champs league :)

Very happy to see the table with us sitting in 5th, and 7 points from 3 matches in a week aint nothing to be sneezed at (2 of them away from home no less)!
Had to listen to the game on Wanderers World and we seemed to be cruising then all of a sudden 3-2, where have all those clean sheets gone?? I will reserve judgement until I've watched the "delayed live" replay of the game tomorrow morning but our defending at times doesn't sound good again.

But it is clear that we are grinding out results but are making life difficult for ourselves again and again by what appear to be poor defensive lapses. At least we held on this time and our commitment and determination are excellent.

One word of caution, yes we are 5th with 19pts and in a European place but the league is so tight we are still only 6 points from a relegation place. If this keeps up the league is going to be the most compact that it has been for years and the team in 17th at the end of the season could need 43+ points to keep up this season!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 pm

I had a good feeling about this.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Spartan wrote:We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!
Aye, it was only a Premiership team who are in form we were playing and took three points off, and not even on our own ground at that. Disgraceful. :roll:
In-form is a bit strong for the side sat second bottom, already five points adrift.

That's being pedantic though, I agree with you. 7 points from Spurs (h), Everton (a) and Wolves (a) is exceptional, although I wish we'd have seen it out more comfortably.

Please sign Elmander up Owen, and try hypnotising him to believe we play away from home every week..

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:21 pm

FaninOz wrote:If this keeps up the league is going to be the most compact that it has been for years and the team in 17th at the end of the season could need 43+ points to keep up this season!
Just think, West Ham could beat their record of going down with 42 points.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Well, FaninOz, when you get to see the game you will see that the last two goals were brilliant efforts - not a long ball in sight. I didn't get the stream running to see the first...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:23 pm

We are the one and only Wanderers We are the one and only Wanderers We are the one and only Wanderers We are the one and only Wanderers
We are the one and only Wanderers We are the one and only Wanderers We are the one and only Wanderers We are the one and only Wanderers

and don't you forget it!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Is it right we are the One and Only Wanderers? :wink:

Spartan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spartan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
You're totally getting the wrong message. Coyle has transformed us into an attacking, confident, entertaining and succesful team and yet another brilliant result. I'm not disputing that.

But! If you watch the Liverpool game as a good example, when there was time added on and even a bit before that there was almost zero chance of us scoring, one of their players faked and injury for 2mins walked off slowly then back on, they passed it round the back, then made a sub, etc., etc. broke the game up and completely controlled it in the last few minutes. It's just a frustration and nerve-wracking that we can't seem to, we're more er... rollercoaster.
Last edited by Spartan on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nach dem Spiel ist vor dem Spiel.