Wanderers V Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Spartan wrote:Why do we do this? we consistently go infront 1,2,3 goals and then make a meal of it/mess it up. I'm more nervous when we score than at any other time in the game and the more we score the more likely it is for the opposition to score! We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!

We have had a lead and been clawed back in 6 of the last 8, losing 6 points as result.

Man utd
WBA
Stoke
Totenham
Everton
Wolves

If it was first goal wins we'd probably win the league.
But we didn't lose so it doesn't matter. I'd rather win games like this at 3-2 than piss and moan about the 1-0. At least no one will want Cahill now as he obviously can't defend :D . 7 points from a possible 9 in Nov. Not bad going. COYWM!!
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Spartan wrote:Why do we do this? we consistently go infront 1,2,3 goals and then make a meal of it/mess it up. I'm more nervous when we score than at any other time in the game and the more we score the more likely it is for the opposition to score! We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!

We have had a lead and been clawed back in 6 of the last 8, losing 6 points as result.

Man utd
WBA
Stoke
Totenham
Everton
Wolves

If it was first goal wins we'd probably win the league.

bloody miserable doomsayers - take a leaf out of my Little Book of Chirpy Optimism!

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Will post my thoughts tomorrow. Off to bed for me. G'nite all! COYW!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Is it right we are the One and Only Wanderers? :wink:

I agree - 100% - without reservation!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:29 pm

my Everton hangover is now blown away...

(thanks lads!)

I will now go and phone the TWSpy and see if he is busy....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:33 pm

thebish wrote:my Everton hangover is now blown away...

(thanks lads!)

I will now go and phone the TWSpy and see if he is busy....
I know it woul;dn't be the spy if he did, but imagine if he let his cover slip and just wound the wolves fans up a teeny weeny bit. Say like, oh I dunno, a star striker running out onto the field to give them a wave before a match after an incident involving a wee poosh a couple of years previous...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Spartan wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Spartan wrote:We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!
Aye, it was only a Premiership team who are in form we were playing and took three points off, and not even on our own ground at that. Disgraceful. :roll:
You're totally getting the wrong message. Coyle has transformed us into an attacking, confident, entertaining and succesful team and yet another brilliant result. I'm not disputing that.

But! If you watch the Liverpool game as a good example, when there was time added on and even a bit before that there was almost zero chance of us scoring, one of their players faked and injury for 2mins walked off slowly then back on, they passed it round the back, then made a sub, etc., etc. broke the game up and completely controlled it in the last few minutes. It's just a frustration and nerve-wracking that we can't seem to, we're more er... rollercoaster.
hmmm... but then - when we were nervously and edgily dragged back to 2-1 against the 'Ammers - what did we do? - ran up the other end and made it 3-1 - game over...

and

when we were nervously dragged back to 3-2 by the spuds - what did we do? - ran up the other end and made it 4-2, game over

today - yes we weathered a storm - but Davo was a coat of paint away from making it 4-2 game over...
Last edited by thebish on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Phil Thompson on Elmo's goal:

"This goal, which is the second, is absolutely tremendous. He gets it, there's about four players round him. He has six touches of the ball, facing away from the goal at first, then turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, and goes past the players, then puts it in the far corner. It is probably, people have been talking about goal of the season, but this was just absolutely different class. It was a piece of genius by the lad."

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Phil Thompson on Elmo's goal:

"This goal, which is the second, is absolutely tremendous. He gets it, there's about four players round him. He has six touches of the ball, facing away from the goal at first, then turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, and goes past the players, then puts it in the far corner. It is probably, people have been talking about goal of the season, but this was just absolutely different class. It was a piece of genius by the lad."
fecking sign him up.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

a1 wrote:

fecking sign him up.
Nar, he spends most weeks slagging us off!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: Nar, he spends most weeks slagging us off!
he's probably mates with the wolves high ups.

anyway,

get him signed up tomorrow. they did it with stuart.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:28 pm

:? Then he spent the rest of the match urging the midlander's to score; especialy the last 10 mins where you'd think by his reaction everytime they attacked, that he'd won the feckin' euromillions..........Phil Thompson....cnut.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 pm

just back from the game and a fantastic result which was well deserved despite being a bit nail biting for the last 20 mins. The whole team worked their proverbials off but special credit goes to Holden and Knight who were outstanding today....so proud to be a Wanderer!
The Voice Of Reason

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Anyone got a link to Elmos goal??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Back from a great day out. Fantastic result and two goals worthy of any very very good footballing side in the world.

However, we have to work out how to close games out.

3-0 up and Davies gave a sloppy and silly backheel away and they score. Had we held the ball slowed the game down knocked it out of play won some free kicks and basically kept it scrappy for 5-10 minutes after we banged the third in then game over.

Instead we let them get 1 back and then of course the inevitable panic and second came after.

This can not overshadow a fantastic start to the season and some superb football.

But if we can be a little more ruthless (in a defensive sense) once we're in the lead then the world really is our oyster.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Yep just got in myself - absolute fantastic game, brilliant result and great fun in the away end - one to remember!

im hoarse, got no fingernails and bursting with pride. i fecking loved it today!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:05 pm

How did Davo do in front of Capello again today? Is he going to keep Carroll out of the side?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I've just got back and seen the goal on http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... n-7538450/

To be honest I'm not sure why theism exists when you can have faith in misfiring strikers rewarded like today.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:10 pm

just watched elmo's goal again - that is fecking delightful!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Stueyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!