Deano's miss at Wembley, 2000 - Uploaded

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Deano's miss at Wembley, 2000 - Uploaded

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:05 pm

I have to share this! I haven't once seen Deano's miss at Wembley against Villa, since the day in question. 10 & a half years have passed, and today I saw it again. I recorded "FA Cup Bloopers" on Sky Anytime just on a whim, and this morning decided to whack it on whilst eating breakfast. Low and behold....there it was! Did anyone else happen to see it? It was a heart-wrencher all over again.

If anyone can assist me in getting it onto the net any other way than recording it on my phone, let me know!
Last edited by BWFC_Wyles on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Deano's miss at Wembley, 2000

Post by DJBlu » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

MJH-12 wrote:I have to share this! I haven't once seen Deano's miss at Wembley against Villa, since the day in question. 10 & a half years have passed, and today I saw it again. I recorded "FA Cup Bloopers" on Sky Anytime just on a whim, and this morning decided to whack it on whilst eating breakfast. Low and behold....there it was! Did anyone else happen to see it? It was a heart-wrencher all over again.

If anyone can assist me in getting it onto the net any other way than recording it on my phone, let me know!
What a way to start the week. That journey back from Wembley was one of the worst. Thanks for dragging this one up.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:46 pm

thanks but, why the hell would we wanna see that again!?

please nobody help him!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:12 pm

MJH-12 wrote:I have to share this! I haven't once seen Deano's miss at Wembley against Villa, since the day in question. 10 & a half years have passed, and today I saw it again. I recorded "FA Cup Bloopers" on Sky Anytime just on a whim, and this morning decided to whack it on whilst eating breakfast. Low and behold....there it was! Did anyone else happen to see it? It was a heart-wrencher all over again.

yes. I was there. no - i don't want it on the net!

I thought this was in our banned list? :evil:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I've still not seen it since the day either. Was it that bad? Over the past few years I've been open to the possibility that it was actually a difficult chance and Deano tried his best.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Yeah I have always wanted to find it, I remember it pretty well but have never seen it since.

You should just record it on your phone or digital camera and put it up. As long as you hold it steady it'll be alright.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 pm

I recommend a week's ban for MJH and a week of having to read no-one else's posts but Sir Nut's as punishment for mentioning this.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I've still not seen it since the day either. Was it that bad? Over the past few years I've been open to the possibility that it was actually a difficult chance and Deano tried his best.
Sorry to kill that off then. It was horrific. I saw it maybe two years ago on a bloopers video, and in the intervening time, bearing in mind I was only 12 or so when it happened, it had altered into a difficult chance around the penalty spot with a defender on the line and him being closed down. It wasn't. It isn't anywhere on the internet, MJ, can you deal with that guilt?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Seriously, can we please stop talking about it? The psychological scars still run deep. I'm going to be waking in the early hours, screaming as I look up and picture that ball going high over my head and into the second tier of Old Wembley. It took me three bastard weeks for those dreams to stop in April 2000.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm

First and only trip to Wembley that was for me. What a dump!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I don't need to see it again as it's indelibly marked on my brain. I was sat in the upper tier level with the 18 yard line. Magnificent work into the left hand side of the box by Eidur, draws James out of goal, slides it through to Holdsworth and we're only in the fecking FA cup final, lads! Err, no we're not! :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I don't need to see it again as it's indelibly marked on my brain. I was sat in the upper tier level with the 18 yard line. Magnificent work into the left hand side of the box by Eidur, draws James out of goal, slides it through to Holdsworth and we're only in the fecking FA cup final, lads! Err, no we're not! :evil:
Me too - and that was how I remember it - one of the most disappointing moments ever and do not want to see it again...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:10 am

When Saturday Comes had a fantastic centre-pages photo taken from high up behind the goal, of the ball sailing waaaaay over the bar, Deano running with head slung back hands over his face, and the rest of the wanderers team (to a man) on their kness on the deck behind him.

Dean Holdsworth ruined my life.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I don't need to see it again as it's indelibly marked on my brain. I was sat in the upper tier level with the 18 yard line. Magnificent work into the left hand side of the box by Eidur, draws James out of goal, slides it through to Holdsworth and we're only in the fecking FA cup final, lads! Err, no we're not! :evil:
You must have been sat near me. I was urging Eidur to go for goal himself and as soon as he passed to Deano I turned away in a strange foreknowledge of what was coming next.

I suppose he scored his penalty. :roll:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 am

It was and IS as bad as ever.

Bastard.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 am

Sorry gents. I'll answer all here;

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab - That did make me laugh, but I don't think I deserve such cruel and unfair punishment!
Tom - Yes, it genuinely was that bad. He just struck it too hard. He could have taken a touch and rolled it into the net. Eidur just collapsed in a heap.
Pru - Yes I can deal with the guilt. I think it's important in the healing process as it's been 10 and a half years since the incident.

Cheers Kev, I'll get it loaded up at some point in the next 24 hours.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am

[quote="MJH-12"]I have to share this! I haven't once seen Deano's miss at Wembley against Villa, since the day in question. 10 & a half years have passed, and today I saw it again. I recorded "FA Cup Bloopers" on Sky Anytime just on a whim, and this morning decided to whack it on whilst eating breakfast. Low and behold....there it was! Did anyone else happen to see it? It was a heart-wrencher all over again.

If anyone can assist me in getting it onto the net any other way than recording it on my phone, let me know![/quote]

:whack: :whack: :whack: :whack: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: You F***************%%%%$£"%@###################//////***8^^^^""!!!!1############################ Cnut!

Sorry, but I have previous over this..................

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:01 pm

It's quite emotional just thinking about it... so so so so so disappointing... In his defence, he was first up in the penalty's and the only one to score... Shouldnt have got to that stage though...
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:36 pm

The only defence i would accept for that miss, is ' in his defence, he was being shot in the head at the time whilst being shat in the eye by a donkey'

Otherwise, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, so help me deano....

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:35 pm

i hope i werent the only one in the world going "go on your own eidur lad, youve got the skill, dont pass it to that donkey... [he passes] noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! [shitehouse misses] bastard. "