Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 pm

East Lower wrote:Most places reporting that Petrov won't play, which sadly means we're stuck with Taylor again. No doubt he'll put in another feckless appearance, in which he only manages to wind people up even further by refusing to put much effort in.

Chris Foy refereeing too. Shithouse.
Hmm. The way Petrov's played in his last few games I'd have Taylor in on merit.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
East Lower wrote:Most places reporting that Petrov won't play, which sadly means we're stuck with Taylor again. No doubt he'll put in another feckless appearance, in which he only manages to wind people up even further by refusing to put much effort in.

Holden on the right, Lee on the left M. Davies with Mwamba
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Could work. Would rather have that than Taylor. What has he done to merit his place - he has had chances to show us what we've been missing, but so far has contributed sweet nowt to the cause other than drawing £35,000 per week to sit on his (probably) tattooed arse.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:57 pm

East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Could work. Would rather have that than Taylor. What has he done to merit his place - he has had chances to show us what we've been missing, but so far has contributed sweet nowt to the cause other than drawing £35,000 per week to sit on his (probably) tattooed arse.
That's gone down 10K since you last talked about his wages! :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Why not Moreno on the right and Lee left? Holden's needed in midfield and Moreno's nippy enough to help Steinsson out. If it isn't working, then try Mark Davies running at them from the right. Either way, Steinsson's going to need some help with Bale. If we get too far forward Bale's killer balls will rip us to bits. And then there's Van der Vart...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Why not Moreno on the right and Lee left? Holden's needed in midfield and Moreno's nippy enough to help Steinsson out. If it isn't working, then try Mark Davies running at them from the right. Either way, Steinsson's going to need some help with Bale. If we get too far forward Bale's killer balls will rip us to bits. And then there's Van der Vart...
I was thinking that Holdens workrate could cut the threat of Bale and he puts in a decent delivery.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I was thinking that Holdens workrate could cut the threat of Bale and he puts in a decent delivery.
Fair comment, but it's all specualtion. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Petrov passing fit though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I'm sure we've played Davo on the right before. Might be an idea to push him wider and give Bale something to think about...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I'm sure we've played Davo on the right before. Might be an idea to push him wider and give Bale something to think about...
He scored 12 goals in one season playing out there!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I'd also suggest Moreno to help out Steinsson, can't see him being picked as a first-teamer yet though. Could be wrong.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
or not...
Rafael van der Vaart will miss Tottenham's Barclays Premier League game at Bolton with a hamstring injury.

Tuesday night's Champions League victory over Inter Milan saw the Holland star aggravate the problem picked up in last weekend's defeat at Manchester United.

Aaron Lennon is also doubtful with a hamstring injury, goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes returns from suspension, while captain Ledley King and Vedran Corluka (both groin) are still out.

Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson (both ligament damage), Jamie O'Hara (back) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) are long-term absentees.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:00 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
or not...
Rafael van der Vaart will miss Tottenham's Barclays Premier League game at Bolton with a hamstring injury.

Tuesday night's Champions League victory over Inter Milan saw the Holland star aggravate the problem picked up in last weekend's defeat at Manchester United.

Aaron Lennon is also doubtful with a hamstring injury, goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes returns from suspension, while captain Ledley King and Vedran Corluka (both groin) are still out.

Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson (both ligament damage), Jamie O'Hara (back) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) are long-term absentees.
Didn't know about Van der Vart, but Harry's doubtfuls have a habit of making miraculous recoveries, a la Lennon who I wouldn't be at all surprised to see in there.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 pm

HMX wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I'd also suggest Moreno to help out Steinsson, can't see him being picked as a first-teamer yet though. Could be wrong.
The lad has shown zero intent on the defensive side of the game, so that's a no.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:23 pm

:evil: Stick Robbo on at R back for first 5 mins. A good hefty challenge later, Bale won't come over the halfway line again. There seems to be an air of impending doom on this thread, and I don't know why. Spurs are a bunch of fancy dan t*ss-stains who have never won at the Reebok. I can't see that changing tomorrow. After last weeks gift to the scousers, OC will have us raring to go and spuds won't like the weather either, they'll be all gloves and mufflers. I predict, quite confidently as it happens, 2-0. ......Now what did I do with that laudanum?........................

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:12 pm

I've got a good feeling about this.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok, the Sammy-Lee positives would be:

Lee can potentially dick on Essou-Ekkoto. He's the worst left back in the league, giving Jonathan Spector a close run
Crouch, is utterly shit, and was taken off early to keep him fresh for the game so is likely to start
Past form for both 'Arry and Spuds isn't good at the Bok

Realistically I still think the fact their strengths are pace and movement mean big trouble for us, as this is what's typically hurts us. That, and Lennon hasn't had a performance for sometime.... cue us

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:47 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I've got a good feeling about this.
I haven't!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:06 pm

thebish wrote:
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I've got a good feeling about this.
I haven't!
Now that's just not normal.

You're usually so upbeat, I fear the worst.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEED

Not sure whether that's domed with a lot of O's or doomed

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I know we wud all love us to win tomorrow but I think bale's pace and spurs more dominant midfield will cause us problems.

If we win tho I will be getting drunkies :D.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm going for 2-2.

Also see:
Worthy4England wrote: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEED
Last edited by HMX on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.