Flogging the family silver........

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Flogging the family silver........

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:32 pm

:evil: SSN are reporting that Elmander and Cahill will be sold. According to chairman Phil Gartside, " We are carrying too many on the wage bill, if a champions league club comes calling in January it would be a good time to sell". The comments were made following reports of BWFC'S increasing debt.

Is this a step forwards, or an admission we have no ambition?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Re: Flogging the family silver........

Post by seanworth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Il Pirate wrote::evil: SSN are reporting that Elmander and Cahill will be sold. According to chairman Phil Gartside, " We are carrying too many on the wage bill, if a champions league club comes calling in January it would be a good time to sell". The comments were made following reports of BWFC'S increasing debt.

Unless Elmander signs a new contract we won't get much for him. Cahill will bring in a nice price.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:42 pm

seanworth wrote:
Il Pirate wrote::evil: SSN are reporting that Elmander and Cahill will be sold. According to chairman Phil Gartside, " We are carrying too many on the wage bill, if a champions league club comes calling in January it would be a good time to sell". The comments were made following reports of BWFC'S increasing debt.

Unless Elmander signs a new contract we won't get much for him. Cahill will bring in a nice price.

the last speculated offer for elmo was only £3Mill - fenherbace..

Sir Nut assured us that Cahill would go for £90million

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:43 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Cahill and buy a much cheaper promising young 'un to partner Knight (who has shown he is capable of stepping up - when Cahill was out with his blood clot)

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:46 pm

thebish wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Cahill and buy a much cheaper promising young 'un to partner Knight (who has shown he is capable of stepping up - when Cahill was out with his blood clot)
I think Ricketts will partner Knight, O'Brien will be back-up and Connolly will be emergency cover. We have to start bringing the youngsters through sometime.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I wouldn't mind cashing in on Cahill. He's a good player but not the player everyone (else) is raving about.

No problem with Zat and Sam in the middle.

Elmo? yeah, get rid while his stock is rising. Buy high - sell low - that's the way to make mo-.... hold on....

I'll come back to you.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 pm

SSN are sensationalising Gartside saying that we "may" sell a player in January if a big bid came in.

No different to what he's always said.

Elmander has already been explained too that if he won't sign a new deal that we need to make some cash.

As for the bit about "ambition" are you serious? Have you read the accounts. The club has ambition it just doesn't have any fooking money.

:whack:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:As for the bit about "ambition" are you serious? Have you read the accounts. The club has ambition it just doesn't have any fooking money.

:whack:
When we play Spurs & Liverpool and get gates of 20,500 then it's barely sur[rising either.

What are Hicks & Gillette doing at the moment ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Why can't some rich mofo come in and buy our club? Are we really that ugly and unfashionable?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Odelay wrote:Why can't some rich mofo come in and buy our club? Are we really that ugly and unfashionable?
do you want us to be run by a Malawian Crisp manufacturer?

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:26 pm

If it means we can keep our players, fans and league position? yep.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Odelay wrote:If it means we can keep our players, fans and league position? yep.

I think I'd rather Bolton got relegated and allowed the glory-hunter fans to toddle off elsewhere than become a billionnaire's plaything... i don't really want us to join that club

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:41 pm

thebish wrote:
Odelay wrote:If it means we can keep our players, fans and league position? yep.

I think I'd rather Bolton got relegated and allowed the glory-hunter fans to toddle off elsewhere than become a billionnaire's plaything... i don't really want us to join that club
I concur. I'd rather see us go out of business completley and honestly than become the toy of some Thai dictator or Chinese sweat shop magnate whose money has come from the backs of 3 year old children forced to sew a thousand TY tigers a day to escape a severe beating.

Leave that to the Massive.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:49 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
thebish wrote:

I concur. I'd rather see us go out of business completley and honestly than become the toy of some Thai dictator or Chinese sweat shop magnate whose money has come from the backs of 3 year old children forced to sew a thousand TY tigers a day to escape a severe beating.

Here here.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:52 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
thebish wrote:

Going out of business is a bit drastic but I agree in sentiment.

Can't understand people who want a buyout, have they read the newspapers this century?

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:03 pm

thebish wrote:

Spot on.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Let's get on with making a good job of being Bolton! That's what we've signed up to. That's what I want.

If you want a club that's either a toy for some capitalist super-prick from places East or an intended cash cow for other capitalist super-pricks from places West what are you doing here? There's plenty of choice elsewhere. I wouldn't swap with City, FRS, Chelsea - anyone!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I wouldn't mind cashing in on Cahill. He's a good player but not the player everyone (else) is raving about.
Really?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:I wouldn't mind cashing in on Cahill. He's a good player but not the player everyone (else) is raving about.
Really?

I reckon so - yeah - he IS a very good premiership player - but not a world-class centre-back as some claim he already is - maybe he will be one day - but he isn't yet. I think Coffey has in mind the more extreme over-assessments of his talents.

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Really?
Well we seem to cope well enough when he doesn't play.