Wanderers v Blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Wanderers v Blackpool

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Just got back from the game myself, what a wonderful 90 minutes of entertainment. I always tell myself pre game id prefer a nice, comfortable 3 points like the newcastle game previous but matches like today are what football are really about, although my heart and our 'race for europe' :wink: would beg to differ. I thought we were genuinely great for the first and last 15 minutes and owe the other 60 to a large slice of luck and some wonderful jussi saves, especially a one on one with dj campbell in the later stages of the game. The way he 'made himself big' on that and a number of other blackpool chances was pure class. Also i thought Mark Davies played class for his first full 90 minutes of the season, never afraid to try and push forward and take on a few of the blackpool lads and deserved his goal. Finally hats off to Owen Coyle on his substitutions. I don't think i've ever seen us play with 3 upfront in the recent past and although you can say we had nothing to lose, and we didnt points wise, i still thought it was a brave move and a bit of a gamble at the risk of our goal difference and an attacking blackpool side. Brillaint day all round :D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Had Klasnic started today, we'd have won. But who would we have dropped? Nobody you could really.

Hindsight is wonderful
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:47 pm

lady and gentlemen i give you the goals.......

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/11/27 ... hts-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Voice Of Reason

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm

thebish wrote:
Verbal wrote:highlights.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... l-7681794/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, apparently I look like Mark Davies, along with Bilayletdinov and Nathan Hauritz. mm.
I think you look more like Dylan Moran...
...what ? Pissed ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:59 pm

i underestimated the weather, never been so cold at the game before!!!

Nothing much to add that hasnt already been said, except that FiO talks absolute shit. actually many of the comments from during the match were laughable - i hope nobody does a 'tw spy' on us. Thankfully bish was around to maintain the order.

We didnt miss Holden, it was always gonna be a cheap shot observation to say we did, Mavis filled his boots impeccably throughout - Coyle gonna have a dilemma on his hands when stu is fit again. agree Muamba hasnt been great but id hate for him not to be in the side.

I thought it was a great game actually (from what i saw in between sporadic trips to the hand dryers for a warm) was still enjoying it at 2-0 down, probably because i honestly always felt we were gonna get back into it! if Petrovs free kick at the end had gone in i might have cried!

Blackpool fully deserved of the points also and are definitely one of the better sides ive seen this season.

2k empty seats were in the west upper.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... l-7681794/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, apparently I look like Mark Davies, along with Bilayletdinov and Nathan Hauritz. mm.
...what ? Pissed ???
(his avatar)

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:02 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
...what ? Pissed ???
(his avatar)
What? Blue and pointy eared?
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:35 pm

I've yet to see it; but Merson was creaming himself over the second goal. Said it was the best goal he's ever seen in a game of football. Later, when calmed down a little, he stated maybe not the best goal ever, but better than Barcelona's midweek. Just saying like. Us and Barcelona eh?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Hugely impressed with Blackpool actually, they found the space they were looking for all the way across the front of our back four, especially space near the full backs, which is probably what you'd expect with our attacking midfield. They'll be disappointed not to have scored in open play to kill us off.

Varney was good but the distribution out to him was very good and spot on 90% of the time, making it very difficult for Ricketts who wasn't tight enough for me anyway.

As for us it was a big long and high at the worst times (Possibly this all happened because our full backs were pressed high up and Jussi had no pass on) but we still had over 20 shots - often after a decent bit of play, it wasn't shocking. However with half an hour left I thought it was one of those days when we could've played til midnight and not scored.. thankfully Petrov managed to put one top corner rather than make a complete hash of it which he seemed to do with every other shot!

Moreno - impressive I thought, something of Weiss about him but I reckon he's more likely to find a pass.

The equaliser - probably the best joga bonito last ditch equaliser in recent memory? Pleased for Tanboy as he did look pretty lively - he's a great ball carrier to compensate for not being as combative and box to box as Holden.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:36 pm

more like comparing barca to us :grin:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Verbal wrote:apparently I look like Mark Davies, along with Bilayletdinov and Nathan Hauritz.
You have three heads? Man alive! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:22 pm

What didn't help us today was those second balls, rebounds and knock-ons that we just never seem to win. There's still a bit of indecision at the back at times and Ricketts and Robinson could have done with a bit more help instead of retreating every time a player runs at them. Mark Davies was really good at going forward and his ball control is excellent. Holden might just have won a few more balls in the middle because, at times, they had too much of it. All said, credit to Blackpool for playing exceptionally well and causing us some real problems at times. Then again, well done the Whites for drawing with a form side and fighting back from two down. Football won the day.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Look at both of Blackpool's goals

Cahill pushes Elmo over.
Davies pushes Jussi over.

Both who if hadn't been pushed would have probably got to the Ball.

:?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Too much Candid Yams on Thanksgiving?
Is that like candid camera?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Remember all the hoo-ha about Evra not standing on his post but further across the goal at a corner..............
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Was the pretty average first 45 minutes and the absolutely dire (from our point of view) first half of the second half worth the fantastically thrilling comeback?

Probably just about! The last 15 minutes were simply breathtaking and our two goals, well every week we seem to be scoring better and better and better goals.

Lets be fair balance of the game, Blackpool deserved the points, but you can't take away what we did to them in the last 15 minutes, where we absolutely destroyed them, but had DJ Campbell finished properly we're have been dead and buried before them.

Mark Davies had a great game especially last 20 minutes. But lets not kid ourselves, we missed Holden massively. Blackpool at times went straight through our midfield and Holden usually stops that happening. He also keeps the ball moving and ticks our game on, something we didn't do until the last quarter of the game.

Its nice to see Mark Davies once again show his potential.

Kevin Davies was dissapointing by his own standards, Jussi fecked up for the first goal IMO and the second was a horrible mess.

But overall what is there to complain about? Thrilling game, superb goals and attacking football all round. Happy days.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:48 pm

No, but I'm still trying to pull my jaw up after that Mavies goal. And Petrov's.

For one reason or another, the lads in the kitchen hid from me the fact that we'd equalised, as I had to sort something out front of house. Then the newsflash comes through on the radio "what a brilliant equaliser from Bolton in a great game..".

I think I called them all a set of bastards. And one of them is a Utd fan, so he must be. I'd had 7-1 rammed down my throat all avo, so he got it both barrels.

Its great being a Wanderer at the mo, despite what January might bring...

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Too much Candid Yams on Thanksgiving?
Is that like candid camera?
No. I only found out about the Thanksgiving tradition of Candied (forgot the "e" earlier) Yams this week, and they sound like the single most disgusting bit of food to be invented outside the offices of Iceland.

See that? That's sweet potatoes, topped with brown sugar and marshmallows.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:No, but I'm still trying to pull my jaw up after that Mavies goal. And Petrov's.

For one reason or another, the lads in the kitchen hid from me the fact that we'd equalised, as I had to sort something out front of house. Then the newsflash comes through on the radio "what a brilliant equaliser from Bolton in a great game..".

I think I called them all a set of bastards. And one of them is a Utd fan, so he must be. I'd had 7-1 rammed down my throat all avo, so he got it both barrels.

Its great being a Wanderer at the mo, despite what January might bring...
feck... you're confident about december?

yeah, feck it, me too... :D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Sweet potatoes (like carrots at certain times of year) contain shitloads of sugar. Hence carrot cake.

Honestly, I bet its quite nice if done right.