Questions from the Forums....!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Questions from the Forums....!

Post by josh8 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:27 pm

I know it’s short notice …. But with the BWSA social evening tomorrow… we want to put a few questions to the players from the forums… !

from supporters who would like to be there but can’t because they live abroad or just can’t make it….
So if you’ve got a good question you’d like us to put to Muamba or Taylor…?

Get it down… we’ll sift through the funny ones and wise cracks and ask them on your behalf…... :D :)

Hopefully this can become a regular feature…!
Last edited by josh8 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Pope
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Questions from the Forums....!

Post by The Pope » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Fabrice, would you consider yourself the player with the worst technique to have ever been produced by Arsenal?

:D

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:38 pm

We might ask the funniest too ... so long as it's not too personal...haha

The Pope
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Pope » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Ok, serious one now.

Would Fabrice consider representing the Democratic Republic of Congo if they came calling?

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:52 am

Some questions for both Fab and Matty:
1. Who is your best mate on the team and why?
2. Who is the biggest prankster on the team and can you give us some examples?
3. How exactly does Coyle work his inspirational magic?

Fab:
1. How are your Korean-speaking skills coming along? (He showed them off a little bit during a Korean CYL documentary)
2. What has made the partnership of you and Holden in midfield such a force to be reckoned with this season?

Matty:
1. How much did your illness last season affect your form/fitness? How come you never really came out and said anything about it?
2. How do you and Petrov handle the competition for the left wing position? Is it fierce or a bit more friendly?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:46 am

Taylor

1) Did you apologise for verbally abusing that disabled bloke?
2) What possessed you to get those stupid tattoos?
3) Do you like it up North, because you've always got a right face on you

Muamba

1) How highly do you rate Holden?

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am

Unfortunately Matt Taylor is unable to attend tonight so the players will be Fabrice Muamba and Jussi Jaaskelainen.
Get yourselves down to the Lion of Vienna Suite for 7.30pm.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:25 am

Could you ask Jaaskelainen if he's ever successfully caught a bus?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:31 am

Ask Jussi to be more considerate when parking his tank of a car in future, please.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:51 pm

:pissed: Fabrice; why are you still wearing Jussi's old toblerone shaped boots?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:05 pm

BWSA wrote:Unfortunately Matt Taylor is unable to attend tonight so the players will be Fabrice Muamba and Jussi Jaaskelainen.
Maybe he saw a sneak peek of the Qs :)
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:21 pm

For all those interested in last nights bwsa... here's an assessment posted by BB's Billy Bradshaw on his site....!
most of the forum questions where asked and answered...!

Ok, I went to the BWSA meeting last night and here's my report.

The event was compered by Colin McGreavy, who kept us suitably entertained until the players were ready to make an appearance. The players in question were Jussi and Fabrice. After a quiet start, the questions came thick and fast. My question got a good laugh, or rather the answer did. I'd asked the players what OC was like in training....Was he a hard taskmaster or was he friendly. Jussi jumped in first to say that it all depends on the player. He said "With some players, he'll put an arm round them and say 'well done', and with others, he'll say.....What the f*ck was tha". At this point, Colin McGreavy looked at Jussi and pointed to a small girl sat at the front, about 4 or 5 yards from Jussi. Cue Jussi sinking into his chair and looking suitably embarrassed.

Other Q&A's I can remember....

Jussi basically said that Sammy Lee was a great coach, but not good as a manager. He said he was glad when he left. He then went onto Megson, and as a few noises came from the crowd, he said, "No, wait". He then went on to praise the job he did in keeping us up, but he said he then 'lost the plot', adding that he was also glad when he left.

I didn't know Fabrice was studying? Jussi had replied that he wanted to coach kids after his career ends (he estimates 4-5 years), but Fabrice said he'll leave football altogether, as he's studying for his Masters and should have his Doctorate by the time he is 28.

Someone praised Fabrice for his form, but asked when he was going to learn to shoot!

There was a question about a typical week.

There was also a question about whether players should leave if they get thye attention of the big boys. Jussi said that if one of the big four came in for Cahill, he should go for it. The chance may never come again, so he will have to take the chance when it comes.

There were many, many more, but I can't remember them all. But the guys stayed for much longer than I expected, answering questions and for photos and autographs etc. The players also took part in a 9 dart challenge, which Fab won. Both players being equally poor at darts!

We then had a treat as Buzz Hawkins took to the stage. Some of you will know that Buzz stole my name about 28 years ago to create a radio series about a family called The Bradshaws. ;) He did a little of the Bradshaws and as a fan, it was amazing to see him do a sketch and effortlessly switch between the three voices without a pause. He did a couple of songs and told us that he's going to be doing a TV show.....not sure if it's to do with the Bradshaws, but I assumed it was? He's a funny guy.

Other things that happened on the night. Alan Gowling and Tony Kelly were both in attendance. Roadrunner videos were there, and as we walked in, they were showing the highlights from the 1995 season. We watched that for a while and what memories that brought back. I think they were selling that for £20? There was free tea and coffee laid on and the bar was open. There was also a raffle for a signed shirt and meals in town etc.

I spoke to someone who had been going for years, and he said they'd been lucky to get around 20 people in the past. There were many more than that there last night. He said they knew things had to change and if this was an example, then it's for the better. They have a sponsor, which they didn't have before, and they have a team manager who wants to build these links....which hasn't always been the case apparently....even as far back as Big Sam.

I had decided that last night was just a recce for me, and consequently, didn't take that much cash with me. But it's just £10 a year to join and if I'm honest, I got £10's worth of entertainment last night alone. My son and I will definitely be joining and going to the next meeting on (I think) January 25th. I don't expect someone of the calibre of Buzz Hawkins to be there each time, but it was great to be able to ask the players questions. They need a good compere to keep the crowd interested while waiting for the players, and hopefully, they can fill that guest spot as they did with Buzz last night. I also think having season highlights playing in the background was a winner, as a warm-up. The free tea and coffee is also a good idea, although I didn't partake myself.

I don't know if any of you have been a member previously, but it seems from old hands that last night was very different and I think old and new enjoyed it. I hope I've convinced some of you to go along to the next meeting and maybe sign up for the BWSA. Well done to all concerned in the BWSA and who put last night together.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

That reminds me of an interview I saw on the internet with Muamba, from his Brum days, interesting account of his life. His dad, Marcel, features as well. Moo mentions his studies in there. One day he wants to become Dr Muamba!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 pm

josh8 wrote:For all those interested in last nights bwsa... here's an assessment posted by BB's Billy Bradshaw on his site....!
most of the forum questions where asked and answered...!
Hope you got his permission to reprint is intellectual property, josh.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:That reminds me of an interview I saw on the internet with Muamba, from his Brum days, interesting account of his life. His dad, Marcel, features as well. Moo mentions his studies in there. One day he wants to become Dr Muamba!
Love that. Imagine when he gets booked & the ref calls him over to take his name. "Muamba, isn't it .... !!?"
"That'll be Doctor Muamba to you, matey !"

It'd look brill on the back of his shirt, too !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Forgot to post the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7soBml_-JTI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's quite long, though the first 1min 30 or so is unrelated.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: Hope you got his permission to reprint is intellectual property, josh.
Well ofcourse I did...!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 pm

josh8 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: Hope you got his permission to reprint is intellectual property, josh.
Well ofcourse I did...!
Thanks, Josh, really interesting.

I can't think of anything that would get me to join BWSA but good to know it seems to be improving.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:20 pm

William the White wrote:
josh8 wrote:
Well ofcourse I did...!
Thanks, Josh, really interesting.

I can't think of anything that would get me to join BWSA but good to know it seems to be improving.
how about if they put on a few gloomy plays? :wink:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:25 am

Or some fancy cheese? :lol:

So long as it's not run by those old biddies any more then it may have a future.