Bolton vs York City

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Bolton vs York City

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 pm

How is pointing out how woeful your away support is, in reaction to some Sky Sports fan who probably only follows Bolton as it's his local opportunity to have a wank over Rooney in the flesh when Man U visit the Reebok, "being a knob"? :lol: The hyprocracy of dismissing how many we're bringing, by attempting to point out how we don't have 20,000 part time supporters at home every week (where were they when you where down the leagues and getting 3,000 at home?) is frighting :) The question you need to ask if what York would get at home in the Premiership. Same levels, easy. That's the point though, MOST of your support are only there cause you're in the Premiership, that's a simply fact and all of the above I wouldn't of even bother noted until you monkeys started wondering why we're not getting 20,000 in the BSP.

Again, selective reading, I was reacting to a tool, and in a very civil fashion. The following outrage is worrying, and slightly pathetic.

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:How much is a ticket away at Histon?
£18.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Ok Yorkie..

When you've been in the division for 10 years and you're playing a team 100 miles away with a foot of constant snow between them, when it's a 12.45 kick off and on TV I'll be amazed if you take more than 300.

You forget that we took almost 3000 the season before for a normal kick off, that wasn;t on sky that wasn't in terrible driving conditions.

What's your average attendance this season? What's your average away attendance this season?

Put your cock back in your pants, before a bigger boy stands next to you
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Oh Danny boy, the excitement is a-mounting
From yorks to lancs, and down the Rivvy side
Big games are gone, but still the fans are flaring
'Tis you, 'tis you must brag and we must bide.
But come ye back when the cup is in the meadow
Or when the Reebok's hushed and white with snow
Our reserves may put you in the shadow
But whatever happens could you stop your posturing about crowd sizes which is tiresome and of no interest or relevance to anyone

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:32 pm

I might be selective reading also but I haven't seen anyone dismissing the level of support - indeed it's likely more than the champions themselves brought to our humble abode this season. But there's a very fair point yet to be addressed as to how come there's a truckload more coming to this game than attend your home games.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:How much is a ticket away at Histon?
£18.
BOGOF then. Or BOGTF at Chelsea.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Sunderland away, aye was television.

Danny, I thoughht this started out as quite good natured but then you've gone downhill quite quickly from there.

Just looking at your attendances for the season it would seem that you've acquired an 'extra' 2,000 fans who don't appear for every game. Bit rich isn't it?
Not really. I'm hardly going to bend over if someone acts dismissive about us brining 5,000 supporters over, when the comparison is with a Premiership club's away support where the majority are "I'm supporting the Wanderers from my comfy armchair cause it's on Sky Sports".

So the "you only average 2,500 at home in the Conference" is interesting, as you have to wonder what you'd be averaging in the Conference. I'm guessing you'd be a Luton, pulling in 6,000 or so? We take no less than 500 to every away game, be it down south or wherever, against tinpot village teams like Histon. You've taken 200 to Sunderland in the Premiership. I'm not sure what your point is?

Didn't bring it up until one of your Sky Sports subscribers dismissed our support.

So, I'm happy to be friendly with you lot, especially as most of you are friendly, but if you think I'm going to pat you on the back when one of your lot effectively slags us off, no chance. And I thought my response wasn't in any way insulting :)
It is impressive that your bringing 5k, I admire that. It's really well done, totally not disputing that it's really good. What I can't abide is then coming on here and giving it the 'how many fans do you take to away games' routine. Bigger clubs do it to us all the time and to be honest it's a bit of a moot point.

To be totally truthful about the situtation if the roles were reversed you'd not be that fussed if you were a Premier League team, it's just the nature of the football universe we live in. If you were playing the Black Dof pub from Belmont in the initial rounds at your ground and they came on and said they were bringing there maximum allotted ticket sales would you be bothered by that?
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 pm

People travel when it matters. Some of our away attendances in 92-93 as it built up were staggering for a 3rd(old money) division team. I've been to some London games with the Whites where I've had to beg for spare tickets (including not in the Prem).

F*ck it, why am I even bothering. I hope we nice person them in their cup final now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:Ok Yorkie..

When you've been in the division for 10 years and you're playing a team 100 miles away with a foot of constant snow between them, when it's a 12.45 kick off and on TV I'll be amazed if you take more than 300.
That statement is shocking, as I'd of probably worded it "how could you take less than 300".

But for the purposes of facts. Luton, December 18, 2010, 200 miles away, all ticket, midday kick off, horrendous weather, resulting in it being abandoned after 60 minutes.

We took 612.

Again, so what, I didn't bring this up. The fool with his "5,000, is that all you're bringing, that's nothing for a club like Bolton" (paraphrased) brought it up, I pointed out you don't seem to have much of an away following to be saying that, and what do you know, suddendly I'm a knob :box: :lol:

I can understand how a lot of you only know Bolton from being Premiership, but the lack of respect for lower league teams is very sad.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Aye. Mid-day.

Was it on Sky?

Besides, for a big, big game (which this undoubtedly is for you) we could take in excess of 5000. We took 7000 to Blackburn for a normal league game when both teams were mid-table. Granted it's local, but that's still big numbers.

We used to take 5000, 6000 to cup games during the week, when it mattered more to us (ie; when we were in the lower leagues)

As I said, this isn't a cock measuring trick. But I just don't see why it's such a big deal to bring a large number of fans to a football match? It doesn;t get you any points or a bye to the next round. It just makes you look a bit sad that, that's the only thing you have to brag about

Besided, if your away attendances are so impressive for your division / stature, then do you go to the message boards of every away team you're due to play and get your nob out?
Last edited by boltonboris on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Was it on Sky?
:lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Was it on Sky?
:lol:
It's a valid question. Do you think you'd take 612(actually counting) fans 200 miles to Luton, if it were Sunday morning on TV?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:How is pointing out how woeful your away support is, in reaction to some Sky Sports fan who probably only follows Bolton as it's his local opportunity to have a wank over Rooney in the flesh when Man U visit the Reebok, "being a knob"? :lol: The hyprocracy of dismissing how many we're bringing, by attempting to point out how we don't have 20,000 part time supporters at home every week (where were they when you where down the leagues and getting 3,000 at home?) is frighting :) The question you need to ask if what York would get at home in the Premiership. Same levels, easy. That's the point though, MOST of your support are only there cause you're in the Premiership, that's a simply fact and all of the above I wouldn't of even bother noted until you monkeys started wondering why we're not getting 20,000 in the BSP.
Again, selective reading, I was reacting to a tool, and in a very civil fashion. The following outrage is worrying, and slightly pathetic.
I didn't ask why 20,000 turned up for BSP games but where the extra 2,000 suddenly appeared from?

The comment about the fans only watching a Premier League team is quite true but then the same could be said for every second tier Premier League team (Wigan, Fulham, West Brom, Wolves etc) but at the core we have roughly 18,000 fans and for a side that has the likes of Man Utd, City, Everton, Liverpool, Wigan, Blackpool close by I think that's pretty good showing.

So you posted a picture of our away support commenting on it being a bit rubbish and then wonder why people have turned on you?
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:How is pointing out how woeful your away support is, in reaction to some Sky Sports fan who probably only follows Bolton as it's his local opportunity to have a wank over Rooney in the flesh when Man U visit the Reebok, "being a knob"?
any "look how big our support is" dick-waving is being a knob.

anyway - read what you wrote there.... you're bringing 4,500 more than usual - presumably to "have a wank" over Bolton in the flesh - no?

you haven't answered this - if you usually only get 500 to watch York City away - the extra 4,500 must be coming to watch us - no?

Danny_York_City wrote:The hyprocracy of dismissing how many we're bringing,
nobody has dismissed how many you are bringing - remind us what the bad boy said??
Danny_York_City wrote:The question you need to ask if what York would get at home in the Premiership.

the answer is - nobody knows - though surely the question would be - after 10yrs in the top flight - at a midweek cup game to a club wayyyyy down the divisions - how many you would get... the answer is MORE LIKELY to be - about as many as will turn up to support Bolton.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Ok Yorkie..

That statement is shocking, as I'd of probably worded it "how could you take less than 300".

But for the purposes of facts. Luton, December 18, 2010, 200 miles away, all ticket, midday kick off, horrendous weather, resulting in it being abandoned after 60 minutes.

We took 612.

Again, so what, I didn't bring this up. The fool with his "5,000, is that all you're bringing, that's nothing for a club like Bolton" (paraphrased) brought it up, I pointed out you don't seem to have much of an away following to be saying that, and what do you know, suddendly I'm a knob :box: :lol:

I can understand how a lot of you only know Bolton from being Premiership, but the lack of respect for lower league teams is very sad.
Not really true though is it, that's like blaming people for being born to late in a clubs history? Can you only support a club if you were born in a certain era? Just a very silly comment to make, of course there are only fans who know the Premier League.

There are an awful lot on here who also remember the old 4th Division, the mighty Phil Neal, Nicky Spooner, Barry Cowdrill, Philiskirk and Reeves (Bros twins!)

Did we dismiss you out of turn when you first turned up? No. It was only when you started to inform us of how many tickets you've sold and rightly so we don't really care all that much. That's not disrespectful, it's truthful, so while it's impressive you've done that for York City, we don't really care how many you'e sold, it has no impact on us.
Pfffft.

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

thebish wrote:
nobody has dismissed how many you are bringing
FFS! :lol: Stop getting so angry and re-read the last two pages. That is EXACTLY what happened.

And to the other person, yes, and might of been more if it was on telly (given we're hardly ever on TV and it'd be an opportunity to wave our knobs in the air ;))

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm

TKIZ! wrote:we don't really care how many you'e sold, it has no impact on us.
Ok, that's fair enough. I honestly wasn't sure if you would be bothered (I did ask about four pages ago), and only kept posting as some said they were, but clearly most of you don't, so I'll leave it :)

Should be a fun day. All the best :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:59 pm

I've checked again...

I can't find any posts at all that:

1. "disrespect" York City
2. dismiss how many fans you are bringing

EL's one-word post "Massive" seems to have got your goat... maybe your a football newbie? "Massive" is simply shorthand for boring wankerites who drone on about their huge fanbases - often reserved for Citeh and lately - Blunderland - and occasionally West Ham. Given that this is exactly what you were doing - it seemed appropriate.

EL was not denigrating the level of your support - OR disrespecting your club - he was laughing at YOU.

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 pm

How many did we take to Munich in 2007 for a *meaningless* UEFA Cup group game with a near reserve side managed by some ginger guy we didn't like which was live on Channel5 ?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:
thebish wrote:
nobody has dismissed how many you are bringing
FFS! :lol: Stop getting so angry and re-read the last two pages. That is EXACTLY what happened.

And to the other person, yes, and might of been more if it was on telly (given we're hardly ever on TV and it'd be an opportunity to wave our knobs in the air ;))

i'd be interested in the quote - y'know - just to back up your claim....

but - returning to my question...

why are 4,500 extras coming? where are they when you normally play away? is it US they are coming to see? (if not us - and clearly not you - then who are they??)