Christmas Slump

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Christmas Slump

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Anyone know what our record is against teams who have Allardyce as their manager. I think it's pretty poor?
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:I'd rather think that other teams forums are doing the same and putting us down as 'a point would be great'

The way we are playing and capable of playing, there's not a single team in the Prem we are unable to beat, and are getting better and better as the season goes on, so I can't see any immediate slump at all. It's amazing what confidence and self belief can do to a team and ours is swimming in it at the moment.

I'm looking at Man City and Spurs results, rather then Wolves and Wigan's and it's a great feeling to have again. Here's to a very Merry Christmas at the Bok!
Indeed, so nice to have one eye looking up. The other is of course focussed on the bottom three and 40points (it's a clever eye) but one is looking up!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:25 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Anyone know what our record is against teams who have Allardyce as their manager. I think it's pretty poor?
We've only played him a couple of times, once as newcastle, twice at rovers? still 3 defeats mind! the bastard

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Anyone know what our record is against teams who have Allardyce as their manager. I think it's pretty poor?
We've only played him a couple of times, once as newcastle, twice at rovers? still 3 defeats mind! the bastard
Megson got a point didn't he? We were something like 2-0 up and then it all went wrong or something. Can't quite remember. Might have been a certain ex-captain's last game.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:36 pm

PS= BWFCi is a miserable basard. 18 from the next 6. Easy. Maybe 19, extra point under the 'North London Rule' where you get more points for 'nice' goals.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Minus 3 points because we don't have loads of fans and are above West Ham
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Megson got a point didn't he? We were something like 2-0 up and then it all went wrong or something. Can't quite remember. Might have been a certain ex-captain's last game.
Oh yeah

it felt like a loss cos it woz Megson, and other such nuggets of joy

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Oh yeah

it felt like a loss cos it woz Megson, and other such nuggets of joy
Well I'd tried to blank it out until you brought it back you bastard.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:The way we are playing and capable of playing, there's not a single team in the Prem we are unable to beat, and are getting better and better as the season goes on, so I can't see any immediate slump at all. It's amazing what confidence and self belief can do to a team and ours is swimming in it at the moment.

Exactly SOTWA.

My predictions:

Man City - Whites win 3-1 . Mancini sacked.
Blackburn Roosters- Whites win 4-1 - Sam sacked.
Sunderland - Whites win 3-0
West Brom - Whites win 2-0
Chelsea - Whites win 3-2 - Ancelotti dispatched.
Liverpool - Whites win 4-2 - Woy walks

:twisted: :twisted:

It costs nothing to dream
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Here's my prediction:

City A - Draw
B'Burn H - Win
S'Land A - Win
WBA H - Win
Chelsea A - Loss
L'pool A - Draw

Yes I do believe we will get a hat-trick of wins in december and have and extra 11 points by mid Jan. We are a very hard team to beat under Coyle and I think our season will go from good to great. Should certain players stay fit and at our club.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:The way we are playing and capable of playing, there's not a single team in the Prem we are unable to beat, and are getting better and better as the season goes on, so I can't see any immediate slump at all. It's amazing what confidence and self belief can do to a team and ours is swimming in it at the moment.

Exactly SOTWA.

My predictions:

Do we feel happy or sad for West Brom and Sunderland that they keep their managers?

(Not that I'd swap either for owen) :D

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 pm

William the White wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:

Exactly SOTWA.

My predictions:

Do we feel happy or sad for West Brom and Sunderland that they keep their managers?

(Not that I'd swap either for owen) :D
I had fatty Bruce in there but I changed my mind.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 am

Wandering Willy wrote:

Exactly SOTWA.

My predictions:

I hope your right but you can't be as there is no way in hell we can keep two clean sheets in consecutive games! :shock:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Ok, after a great November we have traditionally as a club suffered a "december and January slump". Not necessarily across the whole two months but usually its around this time we have our annual 5 or 6 defeats in a row.

Will we be able to avoid this happening this time, the next few fixtures look somewhat tricky.

City Away....Ok a result from this is not out of the question but a Citeh win is the most likely outcome you'd have to say.

Blackburn Home....Should be ok we always do well in this fixture :shock:

Sunderland Away...Hardly lost a home game have Sunderland. Tricky game.

West Brom Home...You'd have this down as a win but as they showed at Everton, no push-overs sandwiched in between two tough away trips, anything could happen.

Chelsea Away...Lampard and Terry will be back for this.

Liverpool Away...They are no great shakes but Gerrard will be back and we've got an awful record at Anfield of late.

5 points from these would be very decent. 6 would be great.

Lets see how we do.
The party invite was sent to you by mistake, please dispose of it, thankyou. :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:20 pm

:lol:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:23 pm

FaninOz wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:

Exactly SOTWA.

My predictions:

I hope your right but you can't be as there is no way in hell we can keep two clean sheets in consecutive games! :shock:

Go ahead and name me one team in the Premiership that can this season? I remember when a team scoring two goals against us at any time meant a certain three points to them, and when we simply had no idea, other then to through on a striker for striker sub, two minutes from the end without changing anything else was the perfect reponse.

It's almost as if our current team and manager are unable to see Mary from X factor singing in the East end lower!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

NorthernSoulBWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NorthernSoulBWFC » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Everyone knows we will have a slump at some point in the season, pretty daft to predict when it will occur though. Just appriciate the fact we are in a cracking run at the moment. Apart from Chelsea away I think we could win all those games, no worries. Manchester City are all mouth and Liverpool used to be good in the 1980s I think but they hold no fears right now. Hopefully we'll go out and carry on having a go. It'll all be reet.
Keep The Faith

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm

City A - Draw
B'Burn H - Draw
S'Land A - Win
WBA H - Win
Chelsea A - Loss
L'pool A - Loss

I'd take 8 points out of 6 tricky games :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:00 am

If we have any aspirations about a top-half finish we have to go into every game thinkig we can win it. We may not do it, but we have to believe we can or we're back to relegation dodging. We're better than that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 am

TANGODANCER wrote:If we have any aspirations about a top-half finish we have to go into every game thinkig we can win it. We may not do it, but we have to believe we can or we're back to relegation dodging. We're better than that.
That's true for the players and that's what Coyle has instilled into them, but we fans are allowed to be more realistic or circumspect!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED