Smackems v The Trotters

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Smackems v The Trotters

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:19 pm

I'd certainly take a point... but i think we'll sneak a 2-1 win.. Cant see many going but i'll be optimistic and say 800... Me + 12 in... Come on you whites!!

:pissed:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: Smackems v The Trotters

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Didn't realise it was on the telly, so think I'll stop at home in the warm with a beer or two and watch our 2-1 win :)

TheMackem
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheMackem » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Good evening Bolton fans.

First of all let me just congratulate you on your fantastic performance's so far this season, Owen Coyle looks to be a fantastically talented manager and the football you're playing is a far cry from the kick and rush game favoured by Gary Megson and previously Sam Allardyce.

On to this Saturday's game, I am actually really looking forward to it, Sunderland sitting in seventh and Bolton in sixth means there is something else at stake and the match could be a defining one in both clubs season's with us both in the European shakeup heading into Christmas.

I don't think we will lose, our home form is exemplarary and after going unbeaten against Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City at the Stadium of Light this season I would certainly be very annoyed if we lost against Bolton, its coming up to just one defeat in a year now at home, with the SoL proving to be abit of a fortress for us under Steve Bruce.

Though I would love a win I wouldn't be too disappointed if both teams shared a point.

I hope to see you at the Stadium of Light this weekend and wish you luck for the rest of the season.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:16 pm

I think you'll lose at home for the second time in coming up to a year.

2-1 to Bolton

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 pm

TheMackem wrote: if both teams shared a point.
Ironic :pray:
Last edited by norm the jedi on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
TheMackem wrote: if both teams shared a point.
:pray:

What? Half a point each?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 pm

TheMackem wrote:Good evening Bolton fans.

First of all let me just congratulate you on your fantastic performance's so far this season, Owen Coyle looks to be a fantastically talented manager and the football you're playing is a far cry from the kick and rush game favoured by Gary Megson and previously Sam Allardyce.

On to this Saturday's game, I am actually really looking forward to it, Sunderland sitting in seventh and Bolton in sixth means there is something else at stake and the match could be a defining one in both clubs season's with us both in the European shakeup heading into Christmas.

I don't think we will lose, our home form is exemplarary and after going unbeaten against Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City at the Stadium of Light this season I would certainly be very annoyed if we lost against Bolton, its coming up to just one defeat in a year now at home, with the SoL proving to be abit of a fortress for us under Steve Bruce.

Though I would love a win I wouldn't be too disappointed if both teams shared a point.

I hope to see you at the Stadium of Light this weekend and wish you luck for the rest of the season.
Are your stewards still a set of complete arsewipe bullied-at-school power-crazy wankers?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Hello Mackem. Bolton aren't, and never have been United, Arsenal or anyone else and we haven't suddenly hit form overnight.. We also tonked your neighbours 5-1 and won't be coming up there to lose. Your own form is impressive and a point each would be no disaster. That said, we have a decent team now and play our football a little differently than in the past. Won't be an easy game for either but we'll be looking for three points. As always, time will tell. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm

If we beat Newcastle 5-1, and they beat Sunderland 5-1, then surely a 5-1 result is on the cards

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:16 pm

10-2, no?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:21 pm

East Lower wrote:
TheMackem wrote:.... I hope to see you at the Stadium of Light this weekend and wish you luck for the rest of the season.
Are your stewards still a set of complete arsewipe bullied-at-school power-crazy wankers?
:shock:

Have we lent them ours ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:26 pm

I'll be watching this one on TV in the pub, I'm at Altrincham v Histon on Saturday afternoon sampling a bit of non-league action as part of a pre-crimbo pissup so I'm glad our game is an early kick off. Altrinchams recent form is looking pretty special; 1-2, 0-4, 0-7. Should be a good day.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:26 pm

East Lower wrote:

They were alright last season!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Edit: Duplicate post, how very tinpot of me.
Last edited by Danny_York_City on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny_York_City
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Danny_York_City » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Drive-by posts from me.
P.O.S. wrote:I'll be watching this one on TV in the pub, I'm at Altrincham v Histon on Saturday afternoon sampling a bit of non-league action as part of a pre-crimbo pissup so I'm glad our game is an early kick off. Altrinchams recent form is looking pretty special; 1-2, 0-4, 0-7. Should be a good day.
That should be a classic :lol: Histon broke the lowest away attendance record this season by taking absolutely no one for their match at Luton! Alty's a nice little ground, however. Big on family atmos. Nailed on for relegation :(

Nice to see a friendly Sunderland fan on here too. Always found them to be a good bunch during our dealings over the years.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Danny_York_City wrote:Drive-by posts from me.
P.O.S. wrote:I'll be watching this one on TV in the pub, I'm at Altrincham v Histon on Saturday afternoon sampling a bit of non-league action as part of a pre-crimbo pissup so I'm glad our game is an early kick off. Altrinchams recent form is looking pretty special; 1-2, 0-4, 0-7. Should be a good day.
That should be a classic :lol: Histon broke the lowest away attendance record this season by taking absolutely no one for their match at Luton! Alty's a nice little ground, however. Big on family atmos. Nailed on for relegation :(

Nice to see a friendly Sunderland fan on here too. Always found them to be a good bunch during our dealings over the years.
No Histon Ultras to speak of then?! I was looking at some of Altrincham's home attendances for the season and I saw a few over 1,000 but then realised they were for games with Luton, and Wrexham etc. The normal level is around 6-700 so I expect something around that figure - looking forward to it though!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:09 pm

IMHO there is nothing wrong with the long ball. We still use it, but we now also include a variety of other approaches including passing the ball on the ground in what our hockey announcers call tic tac toe fashion. Two recent long balls resulted in outstanding goals, when Kevin Davies flicked the ball to Petrov and Holden. I think the simple fact is we are no longer one dimensional in attack and concentrate less on defense than in times of yore.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Have I missed the suspension situation, what we on?

I don't agree that this game will define anybody's season. It's a game that Sunderland are expected to win, and it won't kill us if we lose it.

Sunderland have a lot in their team that we struggle with - pace, movement, fullbacks not scared to get forward.

Only thing I'll say is that I think we can hurt them at their end of the pitch. Bramble and Anton vs Davo and Elmo.

Should be a good game.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:IMHO there is nothing wrong with the long ball. We still use it, but we now also include a variety of other approaches including passing the ball on the ground in what our hockey announcers call tic tac toe fashion. Two recent long balls resulted in outstanding goals, when Kevin Davies flicked the ball to Petrov and Holden. I think the simple fact is we are no longer one dimensional in attack and concentrate less on defense than in times of yore.

Thing is, we're bloody effective at it, but we don't and shouldn't use it all the time as the defence can adapt to that. I think it's great we can pass it about and get it down either wing, we've got two decent fullbacks to overlap and have someone who can move with the ball in the middle of the pitch. And every now and again up it goes to Captain Kev and it invariably ends up in the path of a team mate.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 pm

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=549048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their reaction to this thread.