Bolton v Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bolton v Wolves

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

We're going to lose tonight. Badly.

So sure am I that we're going to lose tonight, I've put a fiver on us losing, at 7/2.

Because I've bet on it, it won't happen.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Will now you've said it you idiot.

Domed.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Imagine the scene:

Tonight
Lofty doing his routine in front of them
Whips lion head off
McGinlay there 8)
Ah, i always wondered how he got that shirt on over his big furry head!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Will now you've said it you idiot.

Domed.
The massive Doc Marten of fate is confused as to how to kick my arse in the same way it has for the past fecking two weeks.

And I haven't won a bet on football for about three years. And a lot of these involve Bolton.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:24 pm

나는 이것에 관하여 선의를 가지고 있다.™
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Imagine the scene:

Tonight
Lofty doing his routine in front of them
Whips lion head off
McGinlay there 8)
Ah, i always wondered how he got that shirt on over his big fury head!
Lofty doesn't look that angry, does he?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 pm

will be (hopefully) watching this one on the net but its not looking that promising.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Surprisingly big game tonight, thanks to one point from 15 since Boxing Day, and that point at home to drop-dodging non-leaguers. Good news is that it's not panic stations: we might only need three wins to stay up. Bad news is that you wonder where those wins are coming from. After this it's Spurs away, Everton here, Newcastle away and Villa here. Back in November our form would have merited smiling optimism for maybe as many as 10 points from that spell. Now, thanks to the terrible run forecast by our resident Cassandra BWFC_Insane, that looks like Panning, Draw-At-Best, Irksome Defeat and Inevitable Concessions to Ashley Young And Darren Bent.

First, the timbre-setting Wolves. Like ridicule to Prince Charming, they're nothing to be scared of, particularly on what footballers and musicians call The Road: in fact they're the league's worst away team, racking up W1 D1 L9 F9 A23. That last is instructive: they don't exactly fold (four teams have conceded more away) so we might have to be patient. Luckily, and finally, we have real options. CYL might not manage more than half an hour, so let's hope he's not needed, but Sturridge will be itching to get on and his presence should give stark warning to the incumbent forwards, who've managed one goal each in nine league games since the end of November.

There's been debate about formations, and whether there should be a change. It would certainly be odd for Coyle to "lose" a forward having just signed one and not a midfielder; although Mark Davies has long been his first sub of choice and might very well suit playing a few yards farther forward without leaving a gap behind him, I doubt Coyle would introduce such a system in a home game against a struggling team. (White Hart Lane might be the place to try that, with any success there opening up the option of maintaining that shape when Everton's dreary middle-flooding strong-arms come to town.)

I would expect little to change from the last league game, with a front four of Petrov, Taylor, Elmander and Davies given a last chance and a variety of substitutes expecting to be given half an hour. The big choices may be at the back, where Coyle will have to show his cards over who he prefers out of Cahill, Knight and Wheater, not to mention whether Steinsson or Ricketts will be better to face Wolves' wingplay.

It's certainly a winnable game, and it feels like a bellwether, or perhaps a watershed. In a fluid division, Bolton are two points from 7th place and three points from 14th. Slightly further afield, it's seven points up to the guaranteed European slot of sixth place and seven points down to the drop zone. Tonight might have more bearing than most on which direction we head in: a win and the new faces look good, a loss and the future looks troublesome.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

nice post dsb, thanks

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:It wasnt long ago when we last played them, remember the form we were in then! that was a great game to watch, back then we also beat spurs 4-2, Toon 5-1, Holdens winner against Rovers, solid 2-0 v's WBA - plus decent performances away at City & Chelsea with respectable 1-0 defeats!

Just one stinking month of fixtures stands inbetween then and now, we need to just forget January altogether and pick ourselves back up. the upcoming fixture list looks pretty daunting right now, but a win here and things would look brighter imo. this game has GOT to be the starting point and a confidence builder for Everton at home in a few weeks. we cant expect much from Spurs away but should have enough to take points from a wounded Newcastle. if we lose on Wednesday i really cant see where the points points will come from! maybe West Ham in April!?

CYL is back, Klasnic is fit and Sturridge is here now - theres goals in them there players, just need Coyle to have the bottle to use them!
Feels strange thats theres a home game im not going to. Im more nervous than if i was! no way of listening or watching either round these parts so its MOTD blind for me! :shock:

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 pm

MJH-12 wrote:I worry we're pinning our hopes on a Riga-style saviour. I know Sturridge is a young, talented striker, but everyone seems to think we've signed Lionel Messi FFS!! Please, NO ONE get a shirt with Sturridge on til we've seen him bag a few. I've seen it done with Elmander & Jardel before they'd even kicked a ball.....and look what happened
I'm not sending mine back! :oops:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm

On this day in 1957 Bolton lost 3-2 to Wolves away and Lofthouse saved a penalty after the keeper was injured. (Last bit courtesy of WW)
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Amazing really...it doesn't feel like very long ago there was talk of European football on the cards, and we were looking fantastic, getting praise from everywhere.

Now, we're facing Wolves on a Wednesday night, and it's a massive game...and we really could do with winning it.

Even where we sit now is a false position, having played a game more than teams around us. The slump has to stop tonight in my opinion, riding high on the back of signing an exciting prospect in young Sturridge.

Get at Wolves from the first minute, and don't stop even when we've scored 5. COME ON YOU TROTTERS!
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Jussi
Robbo
Cahill
Knight
Ricketts
Muamba Actually Mavies, cheers bish
Taylor
Holden
CYL
Elmander
Davies

Sturridge and Wheater on the bench.

It popped up on this channel I am watching
Attachments
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot2.jpg (48.01 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (48.48 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
Last edited by DJBlu on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm

The key is keeping Jarvis quiet IMO. Most of there good stuff goes through him so we need to let him know he is in for a battle from the first minute. Hopefully Holden is feeling fresh aswell and can boss the middle of the park. He has looked very tired to me the last few games.

Ill go for 2 - 1 to the whites .. Elmander and Chungy to score.

COYW!!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm

errr... the piece of paper has Mavies - not Moo....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

thebish wrote:errr... the piece of paper has Mavies - not Moo....
I tried typing the names as fast as I could, Saw a M and assumed. Doh! Didn't realise until a few mins ago I could do a screen capture!

Commentator already taking the piss. Saying he doesn't get paid anymore if its a great game or not.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Beating Wolves is high-priority mandatory. We will.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Is it me or does David Wheater look like "Punch"
screenshot5.jpg
screenshot5.jpg (26.83 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Seems happy enough
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot3.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 1487 times

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:34 pm

ADTHE - down. First Row.net - down. BBC website - down.

Someone up there hates me. Almost as much as 99% of the fecking world.