TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thr

Post by Eire_Trotter » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Haven't read all this thread lads but just heard news of Vela of Arsenal signing for us.

I'm open to correction on this as the source is hit and miss.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:56 am

How is it news if all you've got is a dodgy source?
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 am

Eire_Trotter wrote:Haven't read all this thread lads but just heard news of Vela of Arsenal signing for us.

I'm open to correction on this as the source is hit and miss.
Even if true I'm sure his agent would botch the deal like he did last time. :D

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:08 am

Another Alan Nixon exclusive in today's 'The People'. The bottom section is about Beram Kayal from Celtic. Lets hope Celtic play hard ball and upset him so much he wants to move.

Chelsea's £20m valuation of Sturridge puts off potential suitors.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -23195700/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chelsea's £20m valuation of Sturridge puts off potential suitors.

Chelsea want to keep England Under-21 starlet Daniel Sturridge – and are slapping a staggering £20million price tag on his head to deter bids.

The young hotshot showed up his bosses by scoring a flurry of goals on loan at Bolton, with Owen Coyle among the managers hoping to buy him now.

Sturridge, 21, was a ­bit-part player under Carlo Ancelotti but could be earmarked for big things when the Italian’s successor is unveiled at Stamford Bridge.

He is desperate to be given a decent crack at making the Chelsea first-team, but admits that his taste of Premier League action at Bolton means he may have to move on – if he is kept on the fringes again by the Blues next season.

Wanderers have asked about Sturridge – both on loan or to buy – while managerless Aston Villa are also attracted, and both Liverpool and Tottenham are watching developments.

But the fee is cooling all ­interest at this stage, with Sturridge’s stock at an all-time high and also poised to lead England’s charge in the European Under-21 finals tonight.

Chelsea rate the Brummie-born ­striker in the same bracket as two ­other England rookies in Denmark. With Liverpool splashing out £20m on Jordan Henderson and Manchester United bidding £16m for Phil Jones, the London club believe their valuation of Sturridge to be realistic.

It is a remarkable change in fortunes for Sturridge, who was landed at a tribunal-fixed fee from Manchester City two years ago. Chelsea have paid around £4m for him so far in the deal.

However, Sturridge did so well at the Reebok Stadium – netting eight goals in a third of a season – that his reputation and quality is now being ­acknowledged, ­although the monster price tag inevitably reduces the chances of a sale.

Bolton target Beram Kayal (left) will have to ask Celtic for a transfer to get his move.

The 23-year-old Israeli ­midfielder is ­wanted by Coyle, but the Scottish giants refuse to even discuss a fee – despite a dispute about his salary.

Kayal is on a modest wage and wants more, one of the reasons why he fancies heading south of the border for a proper deal and Premier League riches.

But Celtic plan to make him stick to his contract and have yet to offer him increased terms.

So Kayal has little option but to ask away and agitate for a move to break the deadlock.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 am

After what Liverpool paid for Henderson I'm surprised Chelsea didn't ask for 40m.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:30 pm

West Ham are in for Faye, have offered 1yr deal, with option of 2nd year, automatic if played 65% games,

However Celtic have offered 2yr deal.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:09 pm

If Villa appoint McLeish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fans hounding out Houllier, horrified by the idea of Benitez taking over, ending up with a manager that got Birmingham relegated.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldnt make it up

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Villa is priceless, it's like a very bad comedy. 'Dude, where's my Villa?' :)
Pfffft.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

In today's market, Sturridge is worth at LEAST £20 million imho.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Choppers wrote:In today's market, Sturridge is worth at LEAST £20 million imho.
Crazy as it may be, I'd have to agree.

Ji Dong Won (whom I mentioned several pages back) is about to go for 700k! Owen take him please!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm hating that we haven't signed anyone, everyones be linked with someone everyday, I'm pray Owen is going under the radar and within the next couple of weeks we'll have few decent players that will improve the team!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:I'm hating that we haven't signed anyone, everyones be linked with someone everyday, I'm pray Owen is going under the radar and within the next couple of weeks we'll have few decent players that will improve the team!
5 completed transfers in the Prem so far....

Calm down.

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:I'm hating that we haven't signed anyone, everyones be linked with someone everyday, I'm pray Owen is going under the radar and within the next couple of weeks we'll have few decent players that will improve the team!
What you have to remember is most player contracts don't end until June 30th, so I would expect the transfer market to pick up the pace as soon as we tick over to July
West Stand White

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Sky money and prize money don't get handed round til the back end of this month, if I recall correctly, either.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Rodney Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rodney Trotter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Nixon saying we're ready to bid £4m for Rodrigo :|
Coyle in bid to bring back Spanish attacker
Published 23:05 12/06/11 By Alan Nixon

Bolton boss Owen Coyle is making a £4 million bid to sign Benfica’s young Spanish star Rodrigo Moreno - and bring him back to the Reebok.

Coyle has tabled an offer that will see the dazzling attacker return to Wanderers after a season-long loan when he showed glimpses of his talent.

Rodrigo is keen to re-join Bolton as he thinks he can crack the first team - and likes the club after settling in during the past year and picking up the language.

Benfica want £6 million for Rodrigo who signed from Real Madrid last summer but has never played for them. They are digging in for more cash but Coyle wants a straight answer.

Rodrigo is due to play for Spain in the under-20 World Cup in August and Bolton want the deal agreed before then or they may go for other targets.

Coyle hopes to clinch the capture of Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley shortly and is also waiting on word from Barcelona about his ambitious £5 million offer for Spanish under-21 ace Thiago Alcantara.
Last edited by Rodney Trotter on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Eire_Trotter wrote: 8 Mil.
Not in a position of strength though, are they? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Wouldn't mind Rodrigo back, he's clearly going to be a talented player. 20, first real professional season in football, first season in a foreign country and he certainly didn't ever look completley out of his depth.

The Jerome story has been rehashed by James Nursey (who is rivaling David Anderson for writing shit) which quite an obvious ploy by either Birmingham or Jerome's agent to drum up interest in a player they want rid of.

We're going to struggle to "bid again", when it has already been confirmed by Phil Gartside himself that we've not bid at all for Jerome.

The only difference with Birmingham is that despite having a player they want to get rid of, rather than do the normal thing and say 'clubs x, y and z want this player, hurry up quick and get him' they also have the added cheek of making up ridiculously inflated bids and silly price-tags.

If someone made a cash bid of 4M for Cameron Jerome tomorrow, they'd be rolling around laughing 'singing we're in the money'.

Oh, and on a final note; who in the hell is Miquel? Never heard of him. We're linked with him as part of a Cahill transfer to Arsenal. Rather have Bartley back, thanks!
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:04 am

Bleacher report are saying we get Miguel and Bartley. But they don't say if only on loan. two 18-year-olds on loan we're doing Wenger a favour so that will be $17m + loans so $18m all up. I hope whomever we sell Cahill to gets us a PERMANENT player or two back.
What could've happened; did.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:30 am

I'd rather have a short term good un than a long term shit un

Maybe that's just me
Sto ut Serviam

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 am

ok im becoming a little worried

we paid 8+ mil for an average swede

now apparently were offering 8mil for cameron jerome ???

i truly hope not this reaks of were in serious trouble this coming season if we have to pay through the nose for a player of his questionable quality and potential

tranfer market is mad if jerome is an 8 mil striker

btw im reffering to the notes on sky sports news