TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

drummergeek
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thr

Post by drummergeek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 am

i think we would be as well giving eaves a place on the bench and throwing him on for the last 15 then if he shows he has what it takes give him a chance. but if coyle was thinking of doing that then i think he would have been giving him more than 15 mins in the pre-seaon games.
Last edited by drummergeek on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 am

Il Pirate wrote:we need better players than Taylor in our starting eleven,

Who ? Look at the stats and see how many goals Taylor helped create last season. The lad works his socks off and gets nothing but stick on here. Show me a better player for 2.2 million, who's available, doesn't want 40g + a week and of course 'puts a shift in'. Head and shoulders above N Reo-feckin-coker................
Well considering we got Lee for exactly 2.2m, it isn't impossible that there might be a left footed version of him around somewhere.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

We've already got one 8)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

drummergeek wrote:i think we would be as well giving eaves a place on the bench and throwing him on for the last 15 then if he shows he has what it takes give him a chance. but if coyle was thinking of doing that then i think he would have been giving him more than 15 mins in the pre-seaon games.
That's what pre-season is for

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:19 am

Who ? Look at the stats and see how many goals Taylor helped create last season. The lad works his socks off and gets nothing but stick on here. Show me a better player for 2.2 million, who's available, doesn't want 40g + a week and of course 'puts a shift in'. Head and shoulders above N Reo-feckin-coker................
Taylor more games, less goals probs less assists.
Petrov less games, more goals probs more assists

drummergeek
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by drummergeek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:22 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
drummergeek wrote:i think we would be as well giving eaves a place on the bench and throwing him on for the last 15 then if he shows he has what it takes give him a chance. but if coyle was thinking of doing that then i think he would have been giving him more than 15 mins in the pre-seaon games.
That's what pre-season is for
imo he should be giving eaves more game time than blake, as eaves may have a future

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 am

potter1989bwfc wrote:

Well that would be all well and good if football was played only in the opposition's final 3rd.

I really hope we're not planning on Petrov playing his socks off for the whole season. Yes he has looked good in the friendlies but he looked an absolute superstar in these same matches last year as well as being ridiculously hot and cold during the Premier League. If not Petrov, then a currently unsigned Jeffren? A lad who has only played a handful of games despite being 23 and who will be new to the Premier League. To me that just seems the traits of a Rodrigo mk II just older! If so he might not well be up to speed for a season.

Of course in Coyle we trust but i don't agree with people so eager to see the back of Taylor.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:10 pm

pagey_BWFC wrote:
potter1989bwfc wrote:

Well that would be all well and good if football was played only in the opposition's final 3rd.

I really hope we're not planning on Petrov playing his socks off for the whole season. Yes he has looked good in the friendlies but he looked an absolute superstar in these same matches last year as well as being ridiculously hot and cold during the Premier League. If not Petrov, then a currently unsigned Jeffren? A lad who has only played a handful of games despite being 23 and who will be new to the Premier League. To me that just seems the traits of a Rodrigo mk II just older! If so he might not well be up to speed for a season.

Of course in Coyle we trust but i don't agree with people so eager to see the back of Taylor.
I thought he looked awful last year in the pre-seasons, at least far below some of the standards we were expecting. His fitness looked good but his sharpness just wasn't their and couldn't gel with his team mates, everyones opinions different but that's just the impression i got from seeing him away at Rochdale and at the last pre-season game at the 'Bok

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Jeffren has played a handful of games... for Barcelona.

How many of our first XI would make the bench?
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
pagey_BWFC wrote:
potter1989bwfc wrote:

I thought he looked awful last year in the pre-seasons, at least far below some of the standards we were expecting. His fitness looked good but his sharpness just wasn't their and couldn't gel with his team mates, everyones opinions different but that's just the impression i got from seeing him away at Rochdale and at the last pre-season game at the 'Bok
I meant mainly against the American sides as we played them at the same stage as we are playing them this year. From those games he looks fairly similar to me as he really hasn't had any defensive duties to speak of so far but i am interested to see/hear how he goes in the matches back on home soil leading into the season. I guess that will give us a better indication as to where he's at as the matches aren't solely about match fitness anymore.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Horza wrote:Jeffren has played a handful of games... for Barcelona.

And Luke Chadwick played plenty of games for the filth! Where's he now?

What about the Geovanni who ended up on loan at the Tractor Shaggers from Spurs after coming from Barca?

Just because he plays for them doesn't automatically mean he's going to tear it up in the Prem. Its a gamble.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:29 pm

chester white wrote:

And Luke Chadwick played plenty of games for the filth! Where's he now?

What about the Geovanni who ended up on loan at the Tractor Shaggers from Spurs after coming from Barca?

Just because he plays for them doesn't automatically mean he's going to tear it up in the Prem. Its a gamble.
Assuming Taylor is already on his way.. What would you rather us do? Take a gamble on a lad who has borken into the best squad in world football, or persist with a bloke who proved last season that he wasn't good enough (despite the odd glimpse) and is in his 30's
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

pagey_BWFC wrote:
potter1989bwfc wrote:

And the voice of reason strikes.

Petrov is all well and good when we're on top of teams and dominating. But the rest (and majority of the time) when we're under pressure or in an even battle, he effectively leaves us with only 10 men playing. Did the same at City too.

When we're pouring forwards he can be brilliant. But how often is that, and how often will it be the case that under pressure his refusal to help dig in, costs us.

We're a long way from signing Jeffren anyways, and to be honest the point there is that he's pretty much an unknown outside of cameo appearances for the best team in the world. The game is littered with players like him who never quite break through at top clubs, leave, then never quite achieve their potential or actually just fade away. So I think its no sure thing that he'll be a superstar or the answer to all our problems. However, if Coyle has scouted him for a year then I'll leave that decision up to him and be happy if we get him.

Rodney Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rodney Trotter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:36 pm

potter1989bwfc wrote:

You really are clueless about football Potter. I've said it before but your knowledge of the game could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Football is a team game. You also need to take into account how often the left winger is helping out the left back, especially with the system we play. I'd really like to know how many we conceded last season with Petrov down the wing compared to when Taylor was playing.

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm

and Marcos Alonso played a game for Real Madrid and is 3 or 4 years younger.

Alexander Hleb is with Barcelona despite being on loan at Birmingham last year where he looked well and trully average. He also was alot more experienced in English football than Jeffren will be.

Im not saying we shouldn't go after Jeffren. I'm just putting it into perspective. What happens if Petrov has a few utterly shite games again and we have Jeffren who isn't up to the rigours of English football just yet and add to the fact he isn't close to being signed yet!

I just wish people wouldn't cheer at the thought of Matty Taylor leaving when he is the only consistant man we have in that position at the moment (Cue the droves saying Taylor is just consistantly shite).

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Full article.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... am_switch/
Taylor set for West Ham switch
11:50am Wednesday 20th July 2011

By Liam Chronnell » Print Email

MATT Taylor has flown back from Wanderers’ US tour to join West Ham United.

The midfielder is expected to join Sam Allardyce’s side in the next 24 hours in a £2.2million deal.

Taylor was in and out of Owen Coyle’s team last season after battling with Martin Petrov for a starting spot on the left-hand side. The 29-year-old still owns a farm in Oxfordshire and is keen to move back down south.

And, with just one year left of his existing contract and fearful of a repeat of the Johan Elmander situation in which the record signing was allowed to walk away for nothing, Wanderers see it as sensible business to offload one of their top earners three-and-a-half years after paying Portsmouth £3.5m for his services.

Taylor, an unused substitute in the 3-1 victory against Orlando, will join up with former Bolton old boys Kevin Nolan and Abdoulaye Faye at Upton Park as Allardyce continues to raid his former club.

Big Sam has also tried to sign Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ricardo Gardner and Jlloyd Samuel.

Stoke and West Brom are also interested in Taylor, who scored 23 goals in 139 appearances for Wanderers, but the Hammers remain favourites to land the former England Under-21s player.

Coyle will use the Taylor money to spark a summer spending spree as he looks to strengthen his depleted squad ahead of the new season.

Wanderers have already agreed a £5m fee for Barcelona’s Jeffren Suarez, with the club set to discuss personal terms with the 23-year-old winger when they fly home from America on Saturday.

Coyle will also step up his interest in former Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker on his return.

The 26-year-old is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Villa Park earlier this summer.

Bolton take on MLS outfit Houston Dynamo in the early hours of tomorrow morning (BST1.30am) in their final match of their three-game tour.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Spanish papers today reporting that we have "representatives" in Barca trying to persuade Jeffren to sign. They also say that we have bid 5-6M but Barca's asking price was only 3! And that we have overbid to try and push the deal through and make it "Barca's preferred option" forcing the players hand so to speak.

Don't believe it for one second but there you go!

Rodney Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rodney Trotter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:50 pm

pagey_BWFC wrote:

and Marcos Alonso played a game for Real Madrid and is 3 or 4 years younger.

Alexander Hleb is with Barcelona despite being on loan at Birmingham last year where he looked well and trully average. He also was alot more experienced in English football than Jeffren will be.

Im not saying we shouldn't go after Jeffren. I'm just putting it into perspective. What happens if Petrov has a few utterly shite games again and we have Jeffren who isn't up to the rigours of English football just yet and add to the fact he isn't close to being signed yet!

I just wish people wouldn't cheer at the thought of Matty Taylor leaving when he is the only consistant man we have in that position at the moment (Cue the droves saying Taylor is just consistantly shite).
I've slagged off Taylor many a time and have said that if we want to progress as a football club, then we need a new left winger. But if I had a choice of flogging Petrov or Taylor, it would be Petrov every time.

Petrov is obviously the better player, he had one or two moments of brilliance last season, but he is far too inconsistent to play week in, week out. Taylor doesn't do much either, but at least he performs when it comes to tracking back. If Taylor hadn't been playing against Arsenal the week after Wembley, we wouldn't have won that game.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Rodney Trotter wrote:
potter1989bwfc wrote:

You really are clueless about football Potter. I've said it before but your knowledge of the game could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Football is a team game. You also need to take into account how often the left winger is helping out the left back, especially with the system we play. I'd really like to know how many we conceded last season with Petrov down the wing compared to when Taylor was playing.
Hit him Rodders :box:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Spanish papers today reporting that we have "representatives" in Barca trying to persuade Jeffren to sign. They also say that we have bid 5-6M but Barca's asking price was only 3! And that we have overbid to try and push the deal through and make it "Barca's preferred option" forcing the players hand so to speak.

Don't believe it for one second but there you go!
'Will you sign for us?'
'no'
'Go onnn'
'No'
'Go onnnnnnnnnn'
'No'
'Go onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'
'No!'
'Go onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn go on go on go onnnnnnnnnnn'
'*sigh* ok'

:pissed: